What's new

The patch (notes) that will never happen!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Since NRS pretty much lied to us when they nerfed jax on that hotfix saying that this current change was temporary and there was chance of having another patch before I2, not saying it won't happen, it can go both ways really, i just want to vent my frustrations on what i really wanted this patch (that will not happen) to be.

General
Input buffer window slightly altered, now if you hold any directional input for longer than 7 frames the next directional input will not add the code avoiding the issue of triggering special moves while trying to use command normals under certain situations.

- All jump attacks active frames have been reduced from 15 to 10 active frames.
- Air attacks hurtbox expands beyond the body one frame early before active frames and will remain expanded even during the active frames.
- Characters can no longer option select blocking with other options, block button is now a priority button once held no attack will come out even out of blockstrings.
- All d1 no longer low profile high attacks.
- All Backdashes recover much faster for clean punishes
- All Run cancel characters stamina requirement to cancel reverted back to previous patch version.

- Stage picking now can pick alternated versions of stages at the same random rate it select the visible ones.
- Classic Brutalities added for each character in game, can be done when Finish Him sign appears on screen.

Character specific:

- Ermac: Walkback speed slightly increased.
- Ermac (mystic): Enhanced Force Push no longer catches characters behind ermac during its activation

- Scorpion: B2 startup reduced from 16 to 14 frames
- Scorpion: Backdash startup increased by 3 frames.
- Scorpion (Hellfire): Flame Aura active frames slightly reduced to match scorpion activating animation.
- Scorpion (Inferno): Enhanced Minion Charge (ex BD1) now launches
- Scorpion (Inferno): Above Minion command altered from DB2 to DF2
- Scorpion (inferno): Now has Hellfire (DB2)

- Kitana: Forward Jump front punch hitbox moved backwards to match Kitana's arm hurtbox

- Mileena: Roll hurtbox expanded, so it no longer low profile mid attacks

Sub-Zero: B2 recovery increased to 35 frames from 22
Sub-Zero (Cryomancer): Polar Puncture no longer cancels into enhanced specials unless a bar of meter is used to connect polar puncture first.

Erron Black: B1 startup frames changed from 24 to 19 frames
Erron Black: B12 distance range slightly reduced
Erron Black (Gun Slinger): Stand off startup slightly reduced
Erron Black (Gun Slinger): Money Shot now can be bluffed by canceling the shot while holding back.

Johnny Cage: Seido aura, now activates when Johnny's health left equals 12% from 5%
Johnny Cage: Jump float reduced
Jonny Cage (A-list): F3(4) can no longer be charged on whiff
Flip Kick now has 2 hits of armor

Kenshi: Backdash startup slightly increased
Kenshi: Backdash distance traveled increased by 3 pixels per frame
Kenshi: Deep Connection (421F2) last hit is now special cancelable.
Kenshi (Balanced): EX Rising Karma has 1 hit of armor
Kenshi (Balanced) EX Rising Karma is now -17 on block
Kenshi (Kenjusu): Rising Sword juggle window relaxed from 10 to 25 frames
Kenshi (Kenjutsu) Blade-nado launches opponent closer to Kenshi
Kenshi (Kenjutsu) : Leaping word (B2) is now 24 frames startup down from 27

Jax: Fixed the issue that was causing jax Overhead dash fist/Dash Fist to be disabled for the entire match
Jax: Dash Fist has now 2 hits of armor
Jax: Overhead dash fist will not launch if Jax has absorbed armor.

Kung Lao: Walkspeed backwards slightly increased
Kung Lao: Backdash distance traveled increased by 2 pixels per frame
Kung Lao: Teleport now emerges 3 pixels closer to the opponent
Kung Lao: J2 hitbox slightly increased to hit crouching opponents
Kung Lao (Hat Trick) All hat Traps have 5 less recovery frames
Kung Lao: (Hat Trick) Call back is now -5 on block from -7
Kung Lao: (Hat Trick): Hat-a-Rang disappears immediately if KL gets hit.

Bo' Rai Cho: F2 is now a mid
Bo' Rai Cho: B234 last hit is now special cancelable.
Bo' Rao Cho: B2 distance covering slightly reduced
Bo' Rai Cho: 2, 1 now launches opponent a bit closer
Bo' Rai Cho (Drunken Master) When drunk timer reaches to 0 Bo' no longer pukes, just lose access to his drunk moves
Bo' Rai Cho (Drunken Master): Can now Drink while in meditate stance
Bo' Rai Cho (Drunken Master): B3, 1+3 while on lvl 1 of drunk or above can be held down during the throw to activate meditate stance.
Bo' Rai Cho (Drunken Master) Can now drink during B3, 1+3 throw on lvl 1 or above

Tri-borg: B3 startup reduced from 16 to 12 frames
Tri-borg: B3 is now -1 on block from -6
Triborg: F13 is now -5 on block
Triborg: F131 is now -3 on block
Triborg (Cyrax): Spark Port now can be held upwards to teleport into the air.

Jason : B1 range reduced
Jason: B12 range reduced
Jason: B122 now launches much closer to jason
Jason: B2 range reduced

Raiden: F244 last hit is now special cancelable
Raiden (Master of Storms): Static Traps startup reduced from 14 to 9 frames startup
Raiden (Master of Storms): All static traps now have 6 less recovery frames

Ferra/Torr: D1 is now 8f startup from 10.
Ferra/Torr: Priority NJP is now more negative on the way down if done way earlier on the way up
Ferra/Torr (Ruthless): Now gains full damage buff at the expense of 10% of health from 15%
Ferra/Torr (Ruthless): Ferra Throw juggle height slightly easier to combo off.
Ferra/Torr (Ruthless): Little one slide and Ferra Throw now takes much less time from Ferra to Respawn into Torr's back.

Takeda: Priority NJP is now more negative on the way down if done much earlier on the way up
Takeda: Ex Kunai will disappear if Takeda gets hit

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Pretty nice list.

Speaking about my characters, you considered best case scenario for Balanced, that's cool, but super unlikely to happen, even more unlikely than the patch itself lol, but who knows. Maybe two bar armor launcher or something. About Kenjutsu, he NEEDS ex push to be less negative, or even +, like in the other two variations, and 11 being around -1 on block. And some armor treatment in exdb4. Other minor changes would help these variations, but just mentioned the big changes.
About Possessed, tbh, the hitbox of exdb4 is absolutely stupid, wouldn't mind a nerf.

Non Stunt double Cage armor in exflipkick is all that he needs, at least in Fisticuffs (assuming speedbag whiffing issues can't be solved at this point). Stunt Double needs some adjustments though, like straight mimic kick launching in the corner again (non ex) and his mimics being slightly more plus.
I proposed the Seido aura buff in the past, and got called crazy, but I agree with you and I think it makes sense and would increase his comeback factor.

About Jax, it's criminal if they leave him like that...

EDIT: No love for Lackey?

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Wait, so you're gonna buff smoke and sektor? Why?

Also please add in:

Jacqui Briggs
bf2 is now -12 on block (down from -9)
(Full auto) db3 is -5 on block (down from -1)
(High Tech) db2 recovery frames reduced to 45 (from 60)
(High Tech) Punching normals get increased range when gauntlets are active

EDIT:
I also disagree with d1s not low profiling highs, they 100% should, that's what differentiates highs from mids.

Reverting the stamina change for cancel characters is also not necessary. Maybe just make heavy weapon's specifically more plus/lenient.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
why would they do that? highs are highs for a reason.
D1s are part of the bullshit of this game, they're mostly safe, they low profile, they're super fast, they frame trap with capture specials, they escape frame traps, they work as wakeup buttons, work with option selects and are totally abusable.

Its pretty hard for a character in this game where fasted mids are 11f to have a hard counter on them, so everyone, mids are still high and can be blocked either way, the only move that should have low profiling abilities in these games are d3s and d4 to some extent, since these are also easier to counter on whiff compared to d1s.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I almost agree with everything but the d1s. Everything else I like. Tanya needs some buffs because they did her beyond dirty... Even the general buffs/nerfs got her. She was done double beyond dirty.

LOL. at the Cryomancer nerf proposal. He's trash already. In another thought, I agree. Nerf Him more. Why not?. Nobody uses Him anymore. This will make no difference.

Komatose

The Prettiest
LOL. at the Cryomancer nerf proposal. He's trash already. Yes, I agree. Nerf Him more. Why not?. Nobody uses Him anymore. This will make no difference.
I do not agree that he should be nerfed but he is not trash lol the hell? And Sonic has used him frequently and simply destroyed people with him. I know you might try to say "oh that's just Sonic he's a god" but nah. He does not play low tiers. Only low Tier character he has ever played in a tournament with something on the line that I know of is FANG. Cryomancer is not trash. You are out of your mind.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
agreed with everything but that last part... "sub is balanced"?
I think hes balanced. He has a lot of very powerful strengths as well as exploitable weaknesses. He beats, sometimes decimates a good amount of characters, but he also has a decent chunk of losing matchups.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Kotal:
- Make B1 a mid again, make it -5 on block
- Revert changes to F1 and F12

Alien:
- Make OH flip -7 on block again
- (Tarkatan) Allow non-ex rekkas to be delayed on hit

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Cryo is Sub's weakest variation. It's probably mid at the absolute best, people who watched sonic fox murder people with it when it was basically a brand new character. It's not a bad variation but if any of subs variations need nerfed it isn't Cryo.
I disagree on both the fact the Cryo is mid tier and that Sub is balanced.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub is veeerrrry verrry good, Grandmaster is extremely cheap. I'm gonna have to disagree on the Cryo thing but that's fine you're entitled to your opinion.

I think he's mid tier because Sub imo is worse than Shinnok, Smoke, Sektor, Mileena, Liu Kang, Sonya, Jason, Jacqui, Takeda, Quan, Predator, and Ermac. I think that arguements could also be made for Kitana, Scorpion, Tremor, and Kenshi. So yeah that's why he's mid tier imo, his matchup chart likely isn't cleaner than those characters I listed. Even if Sub turns out to be better than 3-5 of those characters listed I don't think it would put him in the top tier.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
What are Cryomancer winning matchups?. What He does that it's Op?. I want answers now.
endeless mixups into hard knockdowns into setups into other mixups, plus great subzero mobility, good damage, good normals...

Sub is veeerrrry verrry good, Grandmaster is extremely cheap. I'm gonna have to disagree on the Cryo thing but that's fine you're entitled to your opinion.

I think he's mid tier because Sub imo is worse than Shinnok, Smoke, Sektor, Mileena, Liu Kang, Sonya, Jason, Jacqui, Takeda, Quan, Predator, and Ermac. I think that arguements could also be made for Kitana, Scorpion, Tremor, and Kenshi. So yeah that's why he's mid tier imo, his matchup chart likely isn't cleaner than those characters I listed. Even if Sub turns out to be better than 3-5 of those characters listed I don't think it would put him in the top tier.
Shinnok isn't better than Cryo because Impostor is, you have think about all the 90(?) variations when deciding a tier placement, not only the best for each character.

endeless mixups into hard knockdowns into setups into other mixups, plus great subzero mobility, good damage, good normals...

Shinnok isn't better than Cryo because Impostor is, you have think about all the 90(?) variations when deciding a tier placement, not only the characters.
Jump back bro. It avoids almost all his thick throws nullifing His "Op" mixups. Don't worry, no one uses this "OMFG BROKEN" variation anymore. The risk rewards are not in his favor.

Lokheit

Noob
I agree with you, Cryo is actually UNDER the 50% bar (though not by a lot) and only recently people started to realize that and agree with what Cryo mains had been saying since the patch, that he was way worse than GM and UB. It took Sonic dropping the character after he stubbornly tried to make him a winner without success (I still don't know why he didn't switch when it was so obvious Boneshapper Shinnokh and Smoke were curbstomp losing matchups for him) that the cries stopped and people realized that when a character is destroyed by anyone with just a decent neutral game because he doesn't have options to fight them properly, maybe it's not as good as they thought.

Basically the last patch made him stronger at something he was already good at (options to open for a combo, he didn't need more so the buff at the end of the day didn't affect him too much) and WORSE at the things he absolutely needed to improve to have a chance (his best neutral tools that were already bad were nerfed and his stagger options were gonne because they needed to be more negative for the stupid tick throw that I wish he never had because that's not what he needed). All of this while increasing character execution if you want to deal damage close to what he used to and completly removing his midscreen OH meterless damage that was one of the salving graces he had, now you can't combo for any damage from the OH.