What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten The p2w zoning lol

infamy23

FireBeard
Hunter is quite possibly the easiest setup based character in the game, so no.
HQT's damage isn't 'to the ground' at all. You may not be getting tons of damage from individual combos, but the damage from the lasers (chip and on hit) from full screen adds up.
I don't disagree, I just don't understand why you posted that video when it does nothing to support your argument.

There is no way that Hunter Predator is going to land a raw 321+3 because he doesn't have a viable high/low mix-up when the trap is already on the ground behind you. That combo is completely impractical.

A more likely scenario is that he does regular throw into the trap for 41%, which is still a lot, but oh well, it's a corner combo. Lots of characters get 40% 1 bar in the corner. I see nothing wrong with it, considering Predator gets destroyed by pressure because his armor is so slow and punishable.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
King mirrors Mike for a reason. Rune does 8% of damage and has no traveling speed. It almost always trades in Quan Chi's favor, but there is a glitch that somewhat helps Predator. When you trade projectiles, you seem to be unable to summon the bat for some reason. If this glitch were removed, Summoner would easily outzone HQT Predator.
I guess, airdisc won't work because of the ex trance? Else it would propably be the best tool to gain momentum when Quan and Pred are foolscreen (to use a m2davesque term)...

I guess, airdisc won't work because of the ex trance? Else it would propably be the best tool to gain momentum when Quan and Pred are foolscreen (to use a m2davesque term)...
Im positive that normal rune can also be used. It can catch them on the way down.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
A pure zoning match with Predator waiting fullscreen is not likely to happen anyway. So I must agree: I don't want to fight fullscreen as pred, so QC is propably the better zoner.

Jumping forward, throwing the disc and doing an ex scimitar on land (covered by the disc) might be one viable option to overcome QC zoning. Mid distance Pred has plenty of strong Options (like advancing with b22-pcc, F212 after a hit or even ex scimitar). It is not easy to runetrap someone jumpiong diagonally and being able to stop said jump at any point.

The point is: Pred wants to prevent the pure zoning match from happening. The thread of closing the distance does open up some zoning options though.

Let me get this straight.. the plasma caster has fast startup, near instant recovery, a HUGE hitbox that makes jumping impossible, godlike hit advantage AND block advantage, a high option that is risk free and shuts down jumpins, and a low option that can't be reflected by counter-zoners. Armoring is unfeasible and blocking/ducking and advancing is VERY hard because of the insane hit and block advantage.

And all this was given to a character with good mixups (debatable) and stellar footsies and damage?
Meanwhile if Kenshi whiffs his 9% teleflurry he eats a full combo into a vortex?
lol mkx is ass. can we just accept that and move on. lol if kenshi wasnt given the proper buffs by now i doubt he'll get them ever. NRS drop the ball on this game imo