What's new

Guide - Slasher The Original Slasher- A Jason Guide

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
@CrazyFingers what do you think about the MU Slasher vs Covert Ops? I just played a FT10 with a Covert Ops player... I tought that Slasher is the PERFECT character against her... well, I was wrong.

Slasher's D2 is maybe the best in the game, but it's not enough to stop her jumps, and Slasher's B1 does not punish her divekick everytime... the pushback on her divekick is cancer!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
@CrazyFingers what do you think about the MU Slasher vs Covert Ops? I just played a FT10 with a Covert Ops player... I tought that Slasher is the PERFECT character against her... well, I was wrong.

Slasher's D2 is maybe the best in the game, but it's not enough to stop her jumps, and Slasher's B1 does not punish her divekick everytime... the pushback on her divekick is cancer!
I actually haven't played that matchup but Sonya in general feels kind of bad sometimes imo.

CrazyFingers

I have beef with this thread title. Original Slasher? I love Jason to death but Leatherface and Michael Myers both predate him

:DOGE
Slashers as we know them today are basically due to Jason and the other slasher movies of that time. Halloween/Texas Chainsaw Massacre may have predated him hit he kind of blew up the genre. Not saying he started it all but he certainly had the biggest impact.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Slashers as we know them today are basically due to Jason and the other slasher movies of that time. Halloween/Texas Chainsaw Massacre may have predated him hit he kind of blew up the genre. Not saying he started it all but he certainly had the biggest impact.
That is true (FT13th and Halloween are my favorite slasher series) Jason, Michael and Freddy are definitely the unholy trinity of Slashers lol

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I just wanted to commend you: This is a fantastic guide that covers the basics extremely well. For such a simple character, I feel that SO many people play him incorrectly, even at a a moderately high level of competition. I think your emphases on spacing is superb.

Also, for whatever reason, a lot of people have seemingly unnecessary variations on Slasher's BNB's. The ones listed in the OP are the ones to use, my friends.

CrazyFingers

I just wanted to commend you: This is a fantastic guide that covers the basics extremely well. For such a simple character, I feel that SO many people play him incorrectly, even at a a moderately high level of competition. I think your emphases on spacing is superb.

Also, for whatever reason, a lot of people have seemingly unnecessary variations on Slasher's BNB's. The ones listed in the OP are the ones to use, my friends.
B122 NJP triggers me.

CrazyFingers

IMO, EX-BF2 is the better wake-up, overall. Choke has limited range and can be ducked.

But, if your opponent reads wake-up and jumps over you, it will hurt.
and in MU's like Liu Kang it gets rough. Jax i'm pretty sure can OS your wakeup by doing D12 (i think it breaks the mid and will low profile the choke)