What's new

The online play is better on the Vita version

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Actually, if you goto the "Friends" LiveScreen and click your own name, then "Shared Play History" it shows a log of players you've encountered. You can then message away from there. But yeah, the fact that they take the effort to cry about it is a wee bit silly. Take your beating!
Yeah someone else told me about it not too long ago. Thanks tho :) I accepted your request the other day, we should get some games in... Soon. Not that I'm in a hurry to get my butt whooped tho lol

I played with a guy from Los Angeles. I am in New York, roughly 3000 miles (about 4800km) away. Had a great lagfree set of matches clear across the country. If you're consistently getting lag, check the firmware on your wireless router, maybe it needs to be updated or you have it configured incorrectly. I find it does play better than the console versions (ps3 at least), hands down. The "you Americans are so lucky" statement is silly, because we actually have some of the SHITTIEST broadband compared to most other developed countries. Unless you're in Slovenia and have tin can and string connection to your home, you probably have a comparable, if not better link.

For reference: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/broadband_speeds_around_the_world.php
I live in Brazil and it's one of the worst and most expensive in the entire world. Yes you are lucky, your statement that your broadband is bad is just another first world problems complain. You may not have an asian broadband but it is enough to have lagless matches in games with GOOD netcode.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
I'm not complaining, I am happy with it, but it's expensive for what you get. I've worked in the tech industry for about 15 years and I've watched the trends, cost for value is a joke. What's the average linespeed in Brazil, 2mbps? That seems like it would be more than enough. I just played a match over wifi and the entire match used about 400k up and down over the course of 5 mins. You might have a latency issue which has more to do with your distance from a local point of presence than the speed of your connection.

God players on the vita are so free lol
Right in the feels.

Not cool man. It's partly because there's this huge gap in skill happening. You have the scrubby players who make up 70%, and then you have 10% really great players.

I'm in the middle, so if I get placed against a scrub i learn nothing. If I get placed against a great player, I get scrubbed so hard I learn nothing.

So yes, this is why I'm free.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
ok so atm i cant justify the cost of a vita but am getting one for christmas.is it easy to get a match?i mean are people still playing on the vita?i dont want to get one and the lobbies be like a fucking ghost town.im in europe

ok so atm i cant justify the cost of a vita but am getting one for christmas.is it easy to get a match?i mean are people still playing on the vita?i dont want to get one and the lobbies be like a fucking ghost town.im in europe
There's a lot of people playing. Not sure if it matters about the location, but you can get a ranked 1on1 at any given time, although perhaps 3 AM on a sunday is pushing it.

I've experienced many times that PSVITA online matches are a little less laggy than PS3 version... even if it seems illogical, due to the wireless !

Do you know if the PSVita online mode is worldwide ? I'm a french player, and i wonder if i only fight against european players...

I've experienced many times that PSVITA online matches are a little less laggy than PS3 version... even if it seems illogical, due to the wireless !

Do you know if the PSVita online mode is worldwide ? I'm a french player, and i wonder if i only fight against european players...
Seems to be worldwide. I occasionally fight mexicans.