What's new

The one and only The One thread

nodq

wicked
(Update) MK11 Ultimate (November 2020)

Seeme like all kombos are still working like they did before. Damage seems to be the same, too. Patch Notes only have one single thing for Spawn.
  • Spawn - Low Claw (Down + Front Punch) is now -6 on block (down from -4)

(Update) Aftermath

It seems the combo thread is kinda inactive, right? And I do not see any "The One" thread. I have some combos that I really do not see in any other thread or combo video or even streamers when they play as Spawn The One. Are you guys using these already and just do not share them? Or does nobody care about Spawn anymore? :(

The usual combos I see and read are those with the Leetha Glide double J2. I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I think it is really annoying to use, it isn't fun, it isn't cool. It is just stupid imho. At least in combos. Also all combos I see are ending in AMP Fatal Phantasm which gives you the damage but you do not have the great restand without AMP.

Here are some combos with the restand/D2 ender and without the Leetha Glide (Air DB2) and it does more damage. If these are already known, don't witch hunt me please! I just came back to play MK11 little bit more active. Also note, that some 1 BAR combos may be optimal with Leetha Glide, I do not use them tho as i think the move is really annoying to use. If you know some, tell me here and I will add them if you want!

Example:
F23 seems to be the best starter for max damage, right? Other starters = F21 / 34 / F4 / F41(3)
Just as an information if you end the combo with D2 it will do more damage but of course with no restand. You then need to do F21 instead of just F2.
You can maybe end the combo with 24 > DB3 instead of B1 > DB3. I didn't try it long enough, but the timing seems to be too short to pull that off. Maybe someone else gets it done? Please tell us then.

AMP = Amplify special move (use a meter bar)
DEF = use defense bar
xx or ~ = Cancel move
1 = square (PS4 controller) / X (Xbox controller)
2 = triangle (PS4 controller) / Y (Xbox controller)
3 = cross (PS4 controller) / A (Xbox controller)
4 = circle (PS4 controller) / B (Xbox controller)
D = Down
B = Back
F = Forward
U = Up
FF/BB = Dash Forward/Dash Backwards
FB = Flawless Block
FaB = Fatal Blow
KB = Krushing Blow
JP# = Jump Punch #

DB3 Fatal Phantasm restand ender (2 bars)
  • F23~BF3 AMP, F2~BF3 AMP, B1~DB3 (469.48) (432.71)
  • F21~BF3 AMP, F2~BF3 AMP, B1~DB3 (450.58) (413.71)
  • 34~BF3 AMP, F2~BF3 AMP, B1~DB3 (449.48) (412.71)
  • F41(3)~BF3 AMP, F2~BF3 AMP, B1~DB3 (450.48) (413.71)
  • F4~BF3 AMP, F2~BF3 AMP, B1~DB3 (441.56) (402.85)
D2 Damage ender (2 bars)
  • F23~BF3 AMP, F21~BF3 AMP, D2 (480.31) (443.15)
  • F21~BF3 AMP, F21~BF3 AMP, D2 (461.31) (424.15)
  • 34~BF3 AMP, F21~BF3 AMP, D2 (460.31) (423.15)
  • F4~BF3 AMP, F21~BF3 AMP, D2 (452.95) (413.84)
D2 Damage ender (2 bars)(MUCH easier version for only 0.82/0.85 less damage)
  • F23~BF3 AMP, 24~BF3 AMP, D2 (479.49)
  • F21~BF3 AMP, 24~BF3 AMP, D2 (460.49)
  • 34~BF3 AMP, 24~BF3 AMP, D2 (459.49)
  • F4~BF3 AMP, 24~BF3 AMP, D2 (452.10)
DB3 Fatal Phantasm restand ender (1 bar)
  • B12, 24~BF3 AMP, FF~24~DB3 (385.81)
  • B12, 24~BF3 AMP, B1~DB3 (369.90) (easier)
  • 34~BF3 AMP, JP2, 24~DB3 (373.95)
(Update) Aftermath Patch Notes:
  • Spawn - Straight Pain (Back Punch) now has 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback
  • Spawn - The King Of Hell (Towards + Back Punch, Front Kick) is now +7 on hit (up from -9)
  • Spawn - The first hit of Charging Hellspawn Amplify no longer causes additional damage scaling
  • Spawn - Slightly reduced the gravity on the hit reaction to Up Hell Chains (Lethal Leetha Stance)
  • Spawn - Rising Cape (Down + Back Punch) is no longer invulnerable to high attacks during a few frames of its standing recovery
  • Spawn - Fixed some rare visual issues with Spawn's cape when he is the victim in some Fatal Blow cinematics
  • Spawn - Fixed a visual issue with invisibility not working properly while inside some area of effect attacks
  • Spawn - Fixed a rare issue which could cause visual obstruction during Spawn’s fatalities on Prehistoric Age Arena
  • Spawn - Fixed a rare issue which could cause opponent performing a wall run interaction to use an improper animation while Spawn is performing Soul Shattering War Club Amplify
This means every combo does more damage. And those 2 bar combos do even more than before. Spawn has really great damage output if you ask me.
The 480,31 damage combo seems really easy to do now with the D2 ender. Seems like the the +7 instead of -9 on hit for F23 is the reason for it.

-----------------------------------

Last edited:

nodq

wicked
How is it a waste compared to db3 amp when it does more damage and gives you restand? Your statement makes no sense.

Why would you use a second bar on db3 when it does less damage?

That's the whole point here. When I see combos on streams or threads or YouTube. They use 2 bars but for db3 amp which does less damage. Maybe I was away for too long and that might be the new meta in MK11. Spending 2 bars on something that does less damage?

How is it a waste compared to db3 amp when it does more damage and gives you restand? Your statement makes no sense.

Why would you use a second bar on db3 when it does less damage?

That's the whole point here. When I see combos on streams or threads or YouTube. They use 2 bars but for db3 amp which does less damage. Maybe I was away for too long and that might be the new meta in MK11. Spending 2 bars on something that does less damage?
DB3 Amp doesn't do more damage, but there is no way I would EVER use the above combos unless it was to end a round or I'm playing against someone who is absolute trash and I want to swag on them.

nodq

wicked
Good for you that my post wasn't directed at people like you that do not use those combos. Was more directed to those that do use less damage and didn't know that there are other option. Saw a lot of people on youtube and twitch using 2 bar combos. And not just to "swag". And what is wrong about ending a round with max damage? I see nothing wrong with it. So, you would never use it... BUT to end a round? Ok, contradiction in one single sentence, but ok dude.

nodq

wicked
I updated the thread with latest numbers to the combos. All combos with BF3 do more damage now with the Aftermath patch.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Just wanted to say thanks for the time you put into sharing this tech. It's really nice seeing the optimal as I had been wondering the same about 2 bar usage.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
Did they remove the ability to side switch with BF3 in the corner? That Fthrow KB tech is insane

nodq

wicked
Did they remove the ability to side switch with BF3 in the corner? That Fthrow KB tech is insane
Still works.
I do a normal combo then after BF3 AMP I dash into the corner then I do D1~DB3. Then follow up with whatever combo you want. B1~DB3 works too but it is a little harder to get it right so the throw KB triggers after the restand. Seems like it is like 1 inch out of range for the KB with B1 most of the time.

Did you mean that? Or is there another tech.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
Still works.
I do a normal combo then after BF3 AMP I dash into the corner then I do D1~DB3. Then follow up with whatever combo you want. B1~DB3 works too but it is a little harder to get it right so the throw KB triggers after the restand. Seems like it is like 1 inch out of range for the KB with B1 most of the time.

Did you mean that? Or is there another tech.
Yeah thanks that's exactly what I was talking about. I honestly thought they would remove it because Spawn can steal the whole game from you with that one combo

nodq

wicked
F23 after BF3 amped is too unreliable for me to make it viable. Props to anyone who can land it consistently though.
I update the thread, I added 2 bar combos with D2 ender that only does 0.82 less damage but is much easier to hit the D2 at the end!
It's btw. F21 and not F23. :)

Yeah thanks that's exactly what I was talking about. I honestly thought they would remove it because Spawn can steal the whole game from you with that one combo
Nah, that sort of side switch utility is common in fighting games, it's not something I would expect to get removed at all. Spawn's risking himself big time by even trying it, after all.

What I also didn't expect was for Spawn to get a damage buff of any kind, so these double BF3 combos are pretty nice and his already-more-than-good-enough v2 damage is actually kind of obscene now.
Not complaining though.