What's new

The old Joker combo thread

laudanum09

Darling
Don't have the game, so can't test, but does B3 (wallbounce), D2, High Gas work?
yes but you can't get much off of it but gunshot. MBing it pushes the character farther away than he/she already would be from d.2, no matter how close you do it. maybe someone will find something else though.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Joker is a buff or two away from being a really good and viable character.

My Joker wish list is as follows:
-Fix the awful trait (boost active frames, lessen recovery time).
-Fix his 212 combo so that it actually hits mid like the game data says it does.
-Speed up d2. (Is more than twice as slow as Aquaman's, just as punishable, similar range, way less damage potential).
-Speed up the Laughing gas a little more, or make it so you can move after throwing it and dash canceling the lag.

All that and Joker would be a very, very good character without being overpowered and still keeping that learning curve. Good day to be a Joker main lol.

laudanum09

Darling
Joker is a buff or two away from being a really good and viable character.
-they need to rework this completely. universally parries highs/mids/lows, 1 frame, holdable for a definite time. Aquaman has a holdable parry and it's not even his trait for gods sakes.

-not only 212 but f2,3 which I think is one of his best strings because of the forward movement and fairly quick startup. It's a great punisher too.

-d2 shouldn't be much faster. it should be viable but still hard to use. A character with as gdlk of a j.2 and j.3 shouldn't have good anti-airs.

-It'd be nice of RLG didn't have so much recovery or give it some kind of physics property where it slows down after some time so we can follow it in full screen kinda like Chun Li's FB in SF4.

Personally I think all of this would be unnecessary however if they just gave him some more mixup potential:

-an overhead starter that leads to damage. b2 is total ass. make f.2,3 hit mid and start as an overhead.

-a low that leads to damage or at least a solid teeth mixup. Can't even MB wallbounce b.1

We have another two weeks until the next patch correct? We need to make some noise. As much noise as all the DS people, otherwise NRS will just assume that it doesn't matter or that no one cares.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Ya, the Sinestro guys got everything they wanted and more for being really loud. I suggest we make a buff list topic to get NRS's attention. In it we will list a few reasonable buffs, explain them, and kindly ask NRS to implement them in future patches. The ones you listed were great for example. Joker is soooo close. All we need is a little push.

yes but you can't get much off of it but gunshot. MBing it pushes the character farther away than he/she already would be from d.2, no matter how close you do it. maybe someone will find something else though.
Maybe jump after them after EX and get something from that?

RIF

Noob
I think Joker is MOSTLY perfect as is. I'd prefer him to stay in the middle-tier but make it so he is a little more versatile.

I would like his Gunshot have the ability to be meter burned. This would give him a little more pop at long range. It could also be used similar to Green Laterns in that it would grant combo opportunities.

His Trait needs a rework, but it needs to be done carefully. He's the kind of character where you can go too far in one direction and make him either completely suck or overpowered. Some suggestions:

- Act like a free pushblock. You start a round with one "HA!" and using it to pushblock/parry would consume that HA!
- HA!'s increase his speed or can be used to pushblock. Costs one HA!
- No longer duration based. Stays until consumed

lorenzo

Noob
You can parry standing overheads. You can even parry deathstroke f3. You just cant parry jumping moves, unblockables, and moves with special properties.

RIF

Noob
You can parry standing overheads. You can even parry deathstroke f3. You just cant parry jumping moves, unblockables, and moves with special properties.
I never seem to get this to work. It seems like it whiffs even when I am expecting it. It can be the low active frames. I specifically cannot parry Deathstroke's f3. Could just be me. I will edit my post though. TY.

If they added a MB Acid with a stun, that would be really nice. Maybe adding armor to the Crowbar special, dunno.

And the parry not being able to standing overheads is rather silly.

I'm not sure I like the idea of consuming HA's. But that's just me.

EDIT: The game mentions that the parry only parries highs and lows. It also parries mids. But not overheads, from what I hear. But I don't have the game, so I haven't been able to test it. If you CAN parry grounded overheads, that opens a lot more parry options.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
If they added a MB Acid with a stun, that would be really nice. Maybe adding armor to the Crowbar special, dunno.

And the parry not being able to standing overheads is rather silly.

I'm not sure I like the idea of consuming HA's. But that's just me.

EDIT: The game mentions that the parry only parries highs and lows. It also parries mids. But not overheads, from what I hear. But I don't have the game, so I haven't been able to test it. If you CAN parry grounded overheads, that opens a lot more parry options.
You can parry overheads though can't you? You can parry green lanterns b+1,2. And the 2 in that is an overhead.

New to testyourmight but I've been trying to rep joker as well as I can online. Due to input delay from the inconsistent connections in matches I've found if I end a combo in 3,2,2 far teeth I can jump 3 and if it connects far teeth, 3, acid blossom, 3,2 acid blossom with consistency. It's essentially a dumbed down combo found from other joker players but the potential reset leads to 48% damage and is easier to do online and easier for those of us who can't do the extreme swag combos.

My apologies if any of this was posted before. Shout outs to all the other joker players.

chores

bad at things
idk if you could do this before the patch but you can link as many RLG MB's as you have meter for if you need unclashable to win the match. like RLG RLG RLG RLG B3 B3 -- 40some% unclashable

laudanum09

Darling
after canister, you need to land b.3 immediately without delay and then land d.2 xx far teeth as early as possible. hold uf for the far teeth and keep holding so you jump immediately and hit ji.2 as soon as possible, around the point where you get close to the peak of his jump arc.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
And even if they clash the gas cannister before it gets meter burned, if you still inputted the MB, you lose the meter regardless LOL
This cost me a 3rd place position or greater ):
Lost the meter. Caught him after, no meter for damage T.T