What's new

the offlicial mkdc "will it work offline?" thread.

i'm posting this thread here and on mku because some ppl only go here or there but arent on both sites and I want as many online players as possible to get the right info and cross over to the offline mk community.

ok.. mkdc has wcw3 in cali in jan , winter brawl in philly in feb, and maybe final round in atl in march IF i can get shin blanka to agree and shock wants to hold a tourney there for umk3 and mkdc.

this means mkdc has 2 or 3 more tourneys left before mk9 drops. with that being said i am making this Q&A thread.

this is for any player coming from online (or even if you play offline but have no one around) who wishes to make one of these offline events and wants to be sharp to ask any question about offline game play. ANY question at all, no matter the question be it simple or complicated, i will answer it. tactics you arent sure will work offline? certain combos? anti strats? whats safe and unsafe? how to punish certain things for the maxium damage? setups? wakeup? corner trap? situational stuff? anything at all, ask and i'll do my best to answer.

anyway, ask away and i hope to meet some of you guys at the next tourney.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
People will finally have footage of a tournament Raiden offline. :top:

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
What would you consider Sub-Zero's best move to counter Raiden's Teleport? It has been awhile since I played, but I did use his crouching jab (D+1?) to counter and it was semi effective.

Can you guess why I asked my Question, Bone? lol

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
What would you consider Sub-Zero's best move to counter Raiden's Teleport? It has been awhile since I played, but I did use his crouching jab (D+1?) to counter and it was semi effective.

Ummmm...

*Looks around, makes sure nobody is in here

Well, the best move you want to use against Raidens teleport, is his freeze parry... yeah...

*Runs away

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Ummmm...

*Looks around, makes sure nobody is in here

Well, the best move you want to use against Raidens teleport, is his freeze parry... yeah...

*Runs away
Wouldn't that be a "bad choice"? Against Scrub raiden's maybe, But wouldn't doing the icy parry put me at more of a disadvantage. It gives you a free combo if you don't come swinging from the teleport.

imo the ice statue is too risky. you get 10% when you are right and your dead when you are wrong. if you know hes gonna teleport and you read it and raiden actually does teleport and hits buttons then you can pretty much hit him with anything you want, offline anyway. in fact, offline unless raiden teleports and ducks or pro-teleports you have an uppercut guaranteed if you time it right.

the reason why teleport and duck works as anti uppercut is because in mkdc raiden can chose to recover crouching or standing after teleport.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
imo the ice statue is too risky. you get 10% when you are right and your dead when you are wrong. if you know hes gonna teleport and you read it and raiden actually does teleport and hits buttons then you can pretty much hit him with anything you want, offline anyway. in fact, offline unless raiden teleports and ducks or pro-teleports you have an uppercut guaranteed if you time it right.

the reason why teleport and duck works as anti uppercut is because in mkdc raiden can chose to recover crouching or standing after teleport.
Thanks Tom, that will help. Once I get the game back this week, ill hit you and bone up and maybe we can go over some of Sub's match-ups? Looking foward to meeting you at WCW3.

edit... You must have been replying when I was Check. That knee will be a great option too. 4,freeze, B+4, U2, 2,3, slide. Thanks Check

Pistol

Noob
I'd like to make it to Winter Brawl. I'd be there to play SSFIV and MvC3, but I'll play some MKDC to help fill out the bracket.

SZSR

Noob
What are some bread and butter combos for Marvel? I always get around 10-15%, and I see you guys doing around the upper 20's and low-mid 30's.

use crounching jab cancel to ice parry
if he block after teleport you are safe after the parry hit him on block. if he is doing a attack after the teleport te parry will get him if he does not block fast after the cr jab hit him and if the cr jab miss the ice parry will not come out.

Does Superman's 23 grant any frame advantage?
no, neither 23 or 3 grant adv. actually 23, 234, 3, and 34 are all unsafe on block.

So 23 into b2 or d3 is a viable mixup?
if 23 or 3 hit then yes, you get a free 50/50 attempt. why use 23 or 3 though? using 3 for a mid? why use that when you can just use b2 and its safe and mid and it launches? if you are going to do a mid with superman use b2.

Pistol

Noob
if 23 or 3 hit then yes, you get a free 50/50 attempt. why use 23 or 3 though? using 3 for a mid? why use that when you can just use b2 and its safe and mid and it launches?
I was thinking if the 3 granted slight frame advantage, 2,3,d3 or 2,3,b2 would net more meter on block, and give a 50/50 mixup. Plus, you could just hitconfirm it, if the 2,3 hit.

I know the string 2,3,4 is VERY unsafe, and he get's slight advantage after jabs, but they're duckable, and 3 isn't. I haven't played this in a while, just doing some theory fighter, and there isn't a frame chart to look at.

Is there anything besides his jabs that grant frame advantage?