What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Who the hell keeps buffing Kotal Kahn? What more did he need?

This character is almost as braindead as Upgraded Jacqui and prepatch Geras. Still had a mid command grab, has legitimate 50/50s from over several different options, has no gap between his disc toss any longer, healing and half screen neutral control with his strings, a safe, S4, that can't be reacted to, for Damage Totem, and benefits greatly from the customs add on.

Lol, the more I look at this character on both paper and in game, the more I question NRS's development team and wonder who exactly is testing these changes.

Why does Kotal keep getting buffed but Skarlet still sucks, Kitana still gets slight nerfs despite already being difficult to play decently with outside of Highborn, and Shao still playing the game at an almost pure fundamental level?
Kotal and Shao started out at similar levels of balance (both pretty bad). Now Kotal is easily one of the best characters in the game, or at the very least in line with the level of balance of other mid-to-high tier characters... And Shao Kahn is still down here. No changes. No buffed moves. Nothing.

Zgf

Noob
Kotal and Shao started out at similar levels of balance (both pretty bad). Now Kotal is easily one of the best characters in the game, or at the very least in line with the level of balance of other mid-to-high tier characters... And Shao Kahn is still down here. No changes. No buffed moves. Nothing.
Maybe they're buffing him like this to make up for the fact that he's a jobber in the story modes...

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I really can't believe the state D'vorah is in. At this point, to allow her to compete at the same level as everyone else, she'd need a massive amount of buffs. I've had to really consider dropping my favorite character in the franchise twice in this game because of a stupid, poorly thought out, kneejerk bull shit patch, and now a universal change that no one stopped to think about whether it effected everyone equally.

D'vorah can't frame trap people to death because her frames are bad. She can't shimmy people to death because she effectively doesn't have a mid that can do that. Her setups are uniformly worse now, many of which just became 0 or negative on hit. She literally can't zone anyone but Jacqui. So all that's left is strike throw mix right? Well back throw oki doesn't exist now because she can't meaty after a back throw anymore against anyone who can put two brain cells together well enough to tap back twice then punish her for whiffing.

But f22d1+3 works on most people now. Hurray.

This is god damn ridiculous.
Yup. If what we received is truly the full patch, I will very likely be dropping D'Vorah. I see little to no reason to continue as her. Her only real positive at this point is that there's a very small PC playerbase and no one else plays her so I get away with a lot of shit.

-F224 being COMPLETELY ignored for the hurtbox changes baffles me. Is a High whiffing block crouching opponents not considered a hurtbox / hitbox issue? Looks like it just gets to be a special exception of being useless. Icing on the cake is it has a very long and obvious flawless block gap.
-F2 still being her only mid is a travesty. Toss in the fact that it's slow as hell with all following options guaranteeing punishment or turn loss and you have a fun time.
-Air Ticking Time Bug, Fly By, Flippin Out, and Krawler all receiving what appears to be NO buffs is a shitty joke with the punchline being that Customs gives D'Vorah little to no options. "Customization" my ass.
-Over a year and a half since release and D'Vorah still cannot full combo punish any moves that arent over double digit negative on block. She gets <10% damage punishes otherwise which incentivizes opponents to toss out risky shit cause the risk is minimal.
-Another character with a fast, advancing, completely safe on block Overhead was just released. Meanwhile, D'Vorah's F4 is -16, doesnt advance, and is comparable in speed and damage. Note that she doesnt have a single other Overhead available except in one of her variation-only strings.
-Her trap setup gimmicks just got notable nerfs with the knockdown times being lowered. I believe only S3 can safely get out Strep at close range now due to its splat knockdown. 121 used to be an option as well, but the new knockdown time means the dash prior to Strep (so it's close enough to be valuable) takes too long.
-Despite multiple characters having fast advancing Mids, F1 being buffed for speed has been a contentious topic as it's a very far-reaching and advancing move. Meanwhile, Mileena was just released with a 9f High that's got comparable range and advancement while also having crazy low recovery to the point where she can hit 3 of them in a row in an anti-air situation and then combo from it via Roll.

If F13 still whiffs the 3 if the 1 hits around its maximum range, I'mjust gunna fuckin laugh. Didnt see anyone lab this yet to confirm.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
It'd be nice if they'd actually fix the finish him/her screen. Going on 2 years now and you still can't dash after that comes up. Did they just assume no one would ever get the final hit in the middle of a juggle that requires dashing to convert from?

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Well I made it almost three weeks into the megapatch before uninstalling. I'm dumbfounded and sad at how much stupid shit made it into this patch along with all the positive improvements. Time to go back into my cave, see ya next patch.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Well I made it almost three weeks into the megapatch before uninstalling. I'm dumbfounded and sad at how much stupid shit made it into this patch along with all the positive improvements. Time to go back into my cave, see ya next patch.
i only play 5 games of kl and then im in towers of time doing the secrete towers and grinding for gears. there is much more to do then to play braindead people online lol. thats what the ai is for;)

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I've been doing towers like crazy actually unlocking stuff. That part of the game is reasonable. What isn't is all the really bizarre behavior I'm seeing while playing private games with a friend of mine. One night the game is fine the next it's eating inputs, basic functionality like breakaways or rolls intermittently don't go off on time or even at all, waking up blocking is randomly getting beaten by meaties (new to this patch), armor isn't consistent, and more shit. I'm just tired, I've wasted way too many hours of my life and salt getting aggravated about this damn game.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
I've been doing towers like crazy actually unlocking stuff. That part of the game is reasonable. What isn't is all the really bizarre behavior I'm seeing while playing private games with a friend of mine. One night the game is fine the next it's eating inputs, basic functionality like breakaways or rolls intermittently don't go off on time or even at all, waking up blocking is randomly getting beaten by meaties (new to this patch), armor isn't consistent, and more shit. I'm just tired, I've wasted way too many hours of my life and salt getting aggravated about this damn game.
i do kind of Hate the new wakeup system i be scared to go in on someone and god forbid i get knocked down i dont know what to do. seems like the armor is of no use. but hey its mortal kombat lol

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Yeah I hear ya, I spent most of our time tonight playing keep away with Terminator against noob, baraka, and raiden while trying to figure out wtf the game was doing. Probably should have given it up much earlier but I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

Anyway, enjoy the game dude. I'm gonna play some other things until patch time. Peace.

Stanlos

Noob
i only play 5 games of kl and then im in towers of time doing the secrete towers and grinding for gears. there is much more to do then to play braindead people online lol. thats what the ai is for;)
THIS is the way. I have taken up this approach as well. Until they put a quality filter and a Wi-Fi filter especially I only play KL for the crystals and skins.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
The music in this game reminds me of start wars and I'm unsure of that's a good thing or not

xRantex

Rante Inferno
I was trying to look for the thread about mk11 neutral. I'm not one to complain but the krushing blows are annoying lol. Ig since I'm a Raiden main and his kbs aren't as simple and I just miss the regular neutral not someone getting lucky off of 2 or 3 sequences after I just worked so hard the entire round. I was looking for that thread but yeah and thoughts??

craftycheese

Not a complaint about the game but the fact that no one has said how much Hayatei looks like White and Nerdy Weird Al is bothering drunk me at the moment.

Stanlos

Noob
why cant we block sheeva stomp?????
I think the counter to drop is moving on the x axis with a forward advancing move. People keep jumping which won't work unless you are Kitana, Scorpion, or Laval and you are neutral jumping into your air mobility move (Booty, Telepunch, Gas dash thingee). Mileena doesn't have to jump but if she does she can teleport from neutral jump.

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
Why there is so much pushback on safe stuff in this game? And most importantly, why moves who defeat neutral and have very easy to trigger kbs like fuujin's slide and punch are not punishable by all the cast?

Why there is so much pushback on safe stuff in this game? And most importantly, why moves who defeat neutral and have very easy to trigger kbs like fuujin's slide and punch are not punishable by all the cast?
Why the fuck does fujin have a million years to confirm off that slide? Why the fuck can he start a combo from it? Why the fuck can he start a combo from his wind pull?

craftycheese

Why the fuck does fujin have a million years to confirm off that slide? Why the fuck can he start a combo from it? Why the fuck can he start a combo from his wind pull?
Why did it take me an embarrassingly long time to put together the sky wakka reference!?!?!?