What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Whoever thought that it was a good idea for every single one of Liu Kang's strings to be plus on block needs to be fucking fired.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I really can't believe the state D'vorah is in. At this point, to allow her to compete at the same level as everyone else, she'd need a massive amount of buffs. I've had to really consider dropping my favorite character in the franchise twice in this game because of a stupid, poorly thought out, kneejerk bull shit patch, and now a universal change that no one stopped to think about whether it effected everyone equally.

D'vorah can't frame trap people to death because her frames are bad. She can't shimmy people to death because she effectively doesn't have a mid that can do that. Her setups are uniformly worse now, many of which just became 0 or negative on hit. She literally can't zone anyone but Jacqui. So all that's left is strike throw mix right? Well back throw oki doesn't exist now because she can't meaty after a back throw anymore against anyone who can put two brain cells together well enough to tap back twice then punish her for whiffing.

But f22d1+3 works on most people now. Hurray.

This is god damn ridiculous.

I really can't believe the state D'vorah is in. At this point, to allow her to compete at the same level as everyone else, she'd need a massive amount of buffs. I've had to really consider dropping my favorite character in the franchise twice in this game because of a stupid, poorly thought out, kneejerk bull shit patch, and now a universal change that no one stopped to think about whether it effected everyone equally.

D'vorah can't frame trap people to death because her frames are bad. She can't shimmy people to death because she effectively doesn't have a mid that can do that. Her setups are uniformly worse now, many of which just became 0 or negative on hit. She literally can't zone anyone but Jacqui. So all that's left is strike throw mix right? Well back throw oki doesn't exist now because she can't meaty after a back throw anymore against anyone who can put two brain cells together well enough to tap back twice then punish her for whiffing.

But f22d1+3 works on most people now. Hurray.

This is god damn ridiculous.
Her F13 is sometimes punishable on hit if F1 hits too far away (the 3 will whiff). NRS is like "so don't use it from long range, Honeybee".
Yep, a 2 hit string that is designed to whiff punish shouldn't be used from long range!
Well done NRS!
And why the f*** her F22 is punishable on block????

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Her F13 is sometimes punishable on hit if F1 hits too far away (the 3 will whiff). NRS is like "so don't use it from long range, Honeybee".
Yep, a 2 hit string that is designed to whiff punish shouldn't be used from long range!
Well done NRS!
And why the f*** her F22 is punishable on block????
F22 was one of the things that got put on the chopping block in the day 0 patch. Here's her original frame data, which bar her f4 being too good, was pretty much fine. She's been recovering from that nerf ever since. Nearly every buff she's gotten has just been meeting these nerfs half way.

I'm planning to make a video tomorrow full combo punishing f2 after back throw with every character. It's ridiculous how much this nerf hurt her.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
I've heard Up Fan for Kitana was nerfed??? :DOGE

I just can't believe it tbh Kitana was looking like an actual fun character with this move but if this is true idk what some of the people are smoking at NRS. Up Fan was far from broken. All it added was more fun factor and combo variety and for god sake that's what this game desperately needs.
Just another day as an MK fan I guess :coffee:

Gaxkang

Banned
As a Kano dabbler, I look forward to jailing 11 strike/throw/tic mind games instead of getting poke mashed and disrespected constantly lmfao
That would be a big change for Kano...something at least heh.

When trying to jail before it's f1 or bust....

Zgf

Noob
Who the hell keeps buffing Kotal Kahn? What more did he need?

This character is almost as braindead as Upgraded Jacqui and prepatch Geras. Still has a mid command grab, has legitimate 50/50s from over several different options, has no gap between his disc toss any longer, healing and half screen neutral control with his strings, a safe, S4, that can't be reacted to, for Damage Totem, and benefits greatly from the customs add on.

Lol, the more I look at this character on both paper and in game, the more I question NRS's development team and wonder who exactly is testing these changes.

Why does Kotal keep getting buffed but Skarlet still sucks, Kitana still gets slight nerfs despite already being difficult to play decently with outside of Highborn, and Shao still playing the game at an almost pure fundamental level?

Last edited: