What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
I’m sick of liu kang wake up 123 . That’s all.
Amen. I will go for the biggest fucking soul read of my life. Eyes closed, Shaolin meditation style establishing a psychic link to these Lui Kang players... I can see in my minds eye them mashing 123 while laying on the floor. I go in. I have him dead to rights. I'm about to meaty his face into the dirt.

Wakeup 123 beats the meaty.

Pyrosis

Also love that you can fuckin soul read a throw and get punished for inputting the down 2 a fuckin millisecond too fast. I get just about my entire whole ass down 2 animation out before it get eaten by the throw... Meanwhile someone fucking mashing down 2 like an animal gets the krushing blow every damn time.

Gaxkang

Banned
Well yeah. There's a very good reason Cetrion has been considered top 3-5 for the entire game's lifespan: despite being THE premier zoner, she also has access to fantastic stagger pressure and safety for some odd reason. Sure her combo damage is on the lower end, but that isn't anywhere near enough of a tradeoff for everything else she gets. Toss in some of the best dashes (if not THE best back dash) in the game and you've got a recipe for obvious top tier material.
It's not really odd...it's typical NRS design. It just isn't good design heh.

Jbog

Noob
this game is getting really stale it needs a major patch to freshen up game play . Highs wiffing on low blocking opponents needs to be a all or none decision. Not character dependent plus the behind hurtboxes of moves is retarded when a character make 0 contact with limbs its idiotic

Jbog

Noob
3 variations and still we have unused moves. That's just retarded. Don't give me the they can't balance these moves idiotic excuse they chose not to!! Why even put the moves on the game if there's zero ranked play use for them give us a complete character even if they have weaknesses!! We all handled it in mk9 and I think it was way more excepted

Jacqui brigs is still a dumb fuckin character. Actually braindead.
Why can some characters backdash after a blocked poke and punish my counter poke? Sub Zero and Jacqui come to mind. How does that work?? I can deal with the other BS in this game but stuff like that makes me want to uninstall. How can you D1, have it blocked and have enough time to back dash and beat my button? Do frames literally not mean anything? I know plus frames actually don’t mean shit in this game unless u have a strong mid to enforce it, but do slight negative frames not mean anything either? I run into ppl who just mash D1, D3 and D2 after everything and the sad part is it works. Because I either have to back off and try and whiff punish their mashing, or try to jail my buttons but fail because you only have like 3 frames to jail and the connection is 130ping so you end up eating a D2 KB into ggs. God
Yeah what exactly is the deal with this? I’ve gotten better at catching them back dashing away but it’s definitely something that’s hard to grasp sometimes for sure you immediately think “it’s my turn!” And get blown up for full combo lol.

Yeah what exactly is the deal with this? I’ve gotten better at catching them back dashing away but it’s definitely something that’s hard to grasp sometimes for sure you immediately think “it’s my turn!” And get blown up for full combo lol.

It’s common knowledge that Jacqui is busted but this is the shit is I’m talking about, even back then lol. Like look at that backdash off of a negative poke. Doesn’t make logical sense

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!

It’s common knowledge that Jacqui is busted but this is the shit is I’m talking about, even back then lol. Like look at that backdash off of a negative poke. Doesn’t make logical sense
Same thing happens with Spawn players. Pokes into backdashing. Meanwhile other characters, like Kitana, don't even have a viable backdash and play a different poking game (The way it's supposed to be).

Jbog

Noob
The whole poking meta of this game is simply not fun. Hardly any pressure mix up in this game. No real block pressure plus 1 isn't block pressure and no real mix ups just poke jail poke grab mix up oh thats exciting. Then terrible hit box issues and hope this game gets a huge patch. Cuz fun factor just isn't here despite all the dlc the game still needs to be fun!! Nrs new strategy to keep players seems to be put out dlc not fix glaring issues in gameplay and meta boredom

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Must be rough having to constantly deal with whiff punishing.
Timing and patience's does help in some cases you know while you're on the defensive side. Definitely won't be easy tho.

Pyrosis

This game rewards mashing your brains out with the poke meta. Mashing the fuck out of down 2 with the uppercut krushing blow. Rewards braindead jump ins because more often than not you're not going to get your anti air off even if you read the jump. Rewards garbage play all together. Don't even let me get started about how certain characters (Jade, Sub-Zero) just endlessly reward you just mashing buttons with zero reads or gameplan. MK11 rewards noob play, and you can very often get beaten by players that are clearly less knowledgeable of the game.
The only positive gameplay change so far to combat noob BS play is changing Fatal Blow armor to not start on frame 1. Which, thank god for that. But this shit needs more changes when KP2 releases, FOR SURE.

Sure, it has to do with his complete lack of mid starters... But when I get frustrated at trying to play this game legitimately with Shao Kahn, I just switch to Kano and mash my brains out and play completely random as fuck with zero game plan and more often than not I do way better playing like an idiot.