What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
I thought NRS were the only MK people. There were other MK creators?

But yeah I do not know the lore in a deep way. Plus they have chosen one of the worse tools--time travel. But I did see some bits in the ending .
NRS is made up of some people from Midway, the old MK studio that made the Arcade and 3D era games, and new hires like Landsdown and others.
If I understand correctly the biggest difference between them besides all the OGs like Tobias leaving is that Warner bros bought them out. This allowed them to make MK9 and so forth as Midway was broke after making Armageddon.
I would argue that lore is one of the most important reasons MK had the resurgence is has since 9. Tobias crafted a unique world that imo is sorely missed since. Especially the time travel shit like you said pushed some over the edge. The varuous retconning is just the icing on the cake. I wouldn't blame most people for not caring anymore.

Sonya & Cassie's AI's are a mess, especially when it comes to their 3rd variations. For example, Sonya AI will summon her BUD-E but won't use it.

Stanlos

Noob
NRS is made up of some people from Midway, the old MK studio that made the Arcade and 3D era games, and new hires like Landsdown and others.
If I understand correctly the biggest difference between them besides all the OGs like Tobias leaving is that Warner bros bought them out. This allowed them to make MK9 and so forth as Midway was broke after making Armageddon.
I would argue that lore is one of the most important reasons MK had the resurgence is has since 9. Tobias crafted a unique world that imo is sorely missed since. Especially the time travel shit like you said pushed some over the edge. The varuous retconning is just the icing on the cake. I wouldn't blame most people for not caring anymore.
Wow! I had no idea the old games were by different people! Here's hoping that they are better with their stories going forward.

Gaxkang

Banned
Geez some augments are really bugged and make the game crash or make you do less damage instead of more damage.

So one can't use the augments that would help in the clunky cheap group and tag battles but the game keeps throwing augments at ya.

Probably won't be fixed until spring or something. :confused:

Stanlos

Noob
This game is way more fun to watch than play, honestly.
I 100% agree. Kombat League is a joke full of wi-fi frauds or matches that are falsely indicated as 23ms only to be fucking 167ms when the match starts.

I have all my gear for Jade and Sindel so I am going to bsil. Will certainly watch tournaments and play with my cousin or neighbors with wired sets but getting Cetrion skins from this is a no. Especially when your foes seem able to control when lag spikes hit.

Gaxkang

Banned
NRS should be forced to play that Frost tag tower with the damaging freezing storm thing. I wanna see them deal with the clunkiness and perfect input reading AI while the freezing storm takes even more of the fighting out of the "fight".

It's really dumb to lock content like skins and taunts behind such nonsense.

Be nice if Sindel could use her bugged augments too.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hope they fix that glitch with Gauntlet, I did it on Xbox months ago but I was thinking of doing it on the switch. Though that shit was a headache...

I can't see how pings in any game online can be 100% accurate when the connection can literally change mid match know what I mean?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
After watching NEC, I was reminded of the feelings of a prior post. I feel it bears repeating.
I dont understand the point of Geras having great damage, full screen presence, crazy oki, fantastic KBs, a fantastic FB, AND braindead safety. There's almost no risk involved with playing him, everything loops into the next attack with no thought, and he just autopilots through your life bar. Also: 6f D1 on a character it makes 0 sense on, especially with all his string safety which is always followed by D1 mashing.

It's funny cause I dont think he's the best in the game, but I sure as fuck hate his guts. There is NO ONE else in this game that tilts me like Geras does. The Floor Is Lava Laos? Whatever. Zoning Raiden getting a life lead then spending the entire match teleporting fullscreen and walking away? Meh. D3 / D4 mashing Saibots? Sure, I guess. Kanos playing like frame data is a myth? Let's go. Geras? Remove from my presence immediately.

Like, can Jade get buffs to play that way too? Just for one day? Just, like, literally double all of Jade's basic string damage for one day so everyone can try it out. I wanna see B343 amp'd vault do 30%+, or Butterfly corner combos do 34%+ meterless. Also, everything is now +40 on hit. Everything jails into F2. Glaives jail into more glaives from full screen let's GO! Grab loops? Honey we got PROJECTILE loops honey. Oh honey you thought Skarlet and Shang were zoning gods? Honey no, hold another glaive.

Bitch, sit your ass down you annoying fucking construct. Go back to being pulled into the endless void of the Sea of Blood. Go suck Kronika's teet for all eternity and let me enjoy myself.

I promise this post was not made under the influence of any substances.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
The one thing that's pissing me off to no end is the way they're handling the Krypt event not only are they doing the mom weekdays but they're doing it during a freaking work hours you know not all of us are little kids at spend all their time at home some of us have fucking jobs that have we have to do so the fact that we have to miss out on classic skins because of our day-to-day requirements is a little ridiculous it should be an all day thing instead of a three-hour freaking event in the middle of the day

Stanlos

Noob
Hop back on the game, and I'm immediately matched with back to back wifi players that I, after months of playing, still can't reject.

This game's online is awful.
What I don't understand about their matching is how they determine whether you get the opportunity to decline. Does the standard slip the fewer people are online to boost stats?

Gaxkang

Banned
What I don't understand about their matching is how they determine whether you get the opportunity to decline. Does the standard slip the fewer people are online to boost stats?
I think the standard is if it 150 ping or less you can't decline. Wifi cannot be declined for being wifi.

You can decline if FPS is in yellow.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
My complaint of the day, for the love of God please buff these variations. Will add some more real depth to the game and obviously improve its life span:

Shang - V2
Shao - V1 & V3
Frost - V1
Sonya - V3
Cassie - V3
Noob - V3
Raiden - V3
Lao - V3
Skarlet - V3
Erron - V2 & V3
D'Vorah - V3
Kollector - V3