What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Gaxkang

Banned
I have a complaint but it isn't about the game mechanics or characters being OP. Its about the players who constantly bitch about characters. There are strong characters with strong tools But in my opinion there are no broke characters just bad MU's and characters with better/more tools.

No matter how many times characters get nerfed players will still complain before labbing up responses. Just need there salt away instead of saying maybe I did something wrong? Hell no it had to be my opponent had some sort of advantage!

When the game first came out I thought "insert top tier character" was brain dead or an easy win. After taking the 3 week challenge (using your most hated character for 3 weeks) I realized the character wasn't as free as I thought.
This happened with several characters.

I encourage everyone who thinks a character is broke or win button to main them for 2 weeks minimum and see how truly free they actually are. I'm 99% sure you will find you are wrong unless you are stubborn AF
Depends on the solution I suppose, or if things are working correctly online...since if they are not that can possibly nullify lots of time in training (making it a waste for online fights).

If during the course of fights it's noticed that one's fastest move will not punish most of, or anything someone is doing...training mode isn't needed to see the ramifications of that. You either win from overwhelming offense, or create whiffs and hope you can hit them in the window. Otherwise you lose.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I just want to vent another frustration I'm having. Jax. This character I feel like should click with me because he reminds me of zangief in SFV, who I mained in that game, but he just isn't. He feels so clunky to me. Ripper Kano clicked with me pretty quickly, and so did sub zero (I'm just not a fan of his gameplay as I tend to lean more towards grapplers) but Jax just isn't. I'm gonna power through it and hopefully make a breakthrough because I love punching people in the back of the head and love how he can just melt opponents health away.

If not, I'll probably go back to Kano or try geras out because he looks like another character I could possibly like.

Side note: I want a Razor Ramon looking skin for Jax.

Mayz22

Noob
KL is still an exercise in frustration...

Scorpion's teleport is a high, but more of those players just switched to Sub-Zero and enjoy nutty 50/50s all day.

I still have to accept 140 ms wi-fi players, who then pick Sub-Zero and enjoy laggy, nutty 50/50s all day.

I don't understand why NRS seemed to design most of the cast with neutral-based play in mind, but then put in the likes of Sonya, Geras, Erron and Sub, who can just mash out 50/50s without thought.

This is a vent about NRS' fixation on dumb 50/50 characters, laggy wi-fi and how they ruined Sub-Zero for me. Thanks.
I couldnt explain to you that before I read this I am a scorpion main who recently picked up subzero!!!!! Only difference is Im wired in on ethernet!!!!! #truth

Mayz22

Noob
I just want to vent another frustration I'm having. Jax. This character I feel like should click with me because he reminds me of zangief in SFV, who I mained in that game, but he just isn't. He feels so clunky to me. Ripper Kano clicked with me pretty quickly, and so did sub zero (I'm just not a fan of his gameplay as I tend to lean more towards grapplers) but Jax just isn't. I'm gonna power through it and hopefully make a breakthrough because I love punching people in the back of the head and love how he can just melt opponents health away.

If not, I'll probably go back to Kano or try geras out because he looks like another character I could possibly like.

Side note: I want a Razor Ramon looking skin for Jax.
Jax is probably my worst matchup which forced me to go lab jax just to understand him better. I like jax but like you, he just dont feel complete?!?

Jax is probably my worst matchup which forced me to go lab jax just to understand him better. I like jax but like you, he just dont feel complete?!?
While I personally main and enjoy Jax, his combos are nothing to write home about and he lacks his mix of fun mobility and aggression. In this game he isn’t very mobile or combo heavy and is just flat out aggressive

Mayz22

Noob
While I personally main and enjoy Jax, his combos are nothing to write home about and he lacks his mix of fun mobility and aggression. In this game he isn’t very mobile or combo heavy and is just flat out aggressive
I duno what it is but I have a huge interest in diving deeper into learning jax. I never was a big fan of jax in past mk games but mk11 just has this weird thing I just cant explain that makes me want to learn/ and or play multiple characters, specially ones I would of never touched in past games.....

Mayz22

Noob
They are to fast for me to punish. Occasionally I can get them in a ripper grab sequence makes people the saltiest.
Yea, i like given them subzeros 50/50's. Specially liu kang when I interupt his f3 strings, give him a d1 to a throw, then mix his ass up!!!

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Been grinding w nightwolf a bit. How much I love that throw loop. And I think rhino charge has replaced Kano ball as my favorite charge lol...I have really high hopes that spawn gets a grappler variation.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
One thing I hate with a passion is that when playing online, you can't turn off voice chat. The channel is just open and you can't do anything about it. And I'm sick of people yelling at me when they lose, giving me shit if I switch characters, or just blasting bad techno music. I don't want to hear your shit! I don't force strangers to listen to me swearing in Finnish when I'm salty, why am I forced to listen to people yelling at me in Russian or bad English? Just allow me to turn off the voice chat, please !

One reason why i hated 2D fighters since my childhood is the emphasis on projectiles and setups, so Cetrion is the worst part of Mk11 imo lol. I always wonder why you want to play fighters to be a coward. Thank Boon Tobias that we have Nightwolf in the game. Nothing is more satisfying than Cetrion being hit by her own rocks

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I feel like there is no learning curve in this game. Most plus poke into best Mid string stagger is the gameplan 75% of the time, and it gets on my nerves a bit.

Still love the game though.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
One thing I hate with a passion is that when playing online, you can't turn off voice chat. The channel is just open and you can't do anything about it. And I'm sick of people yelling at me when they lose, giving me shit if I switch characters, or just blasting bad techno music. I don't want to hear your shit! I don't force strangers to listen to me swearing in Finnish when I'm salty, why am I forced to listen to people yelling at me in Russian or bad English? Just allow me to turn off the voice chat, please !
Start a private party chat with yourself. I do this myself once in a while not to have to talk shit back to someone

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Open a Party for yourself, Problem solved.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Okay, as this is a complaint thread, I have come to a decision.

I am no longer going to play the game until I have quite large incentives too. I realize that I’m not having that much fun, and until either they make a character play the style I like, or until Sindel drops, i am going to give this game a pause. Part of the reason I keep playing it is because I enjoy the community!

I'm sure I can't be the first to complain about this, but when you're struggling to get that rank up in Kombat League and then some Warrior rank with a 20/0 record who was an Elder God last season comes out of nowhere and takes a hundred points from you...

Say NRS, could you not match me with people 5 ranks below me pls

Thanks

craftycheese

Try Nightwolf or Baraka.
Maybe, while nightwolf, and the second variation of Geras, intrigues me more than Obama, it's just that....come to find out, this may be weird, but I like when their command throws are kinda like a professional wrestling move. While Jax is more sfv zangief like with big damage and set play, I think the thing I liked most about them (Kano, Jax, and Zangief) is the wrestling moves.

Air and normal SPDs feel so satisfying to me, so does normal and amplified lumbar checks and so does the quad grab KB and burning hammer.
he axe/weapon stuff nightwolf does, just doesn't. Sucks because I think they've done a phenomenal job with nightwolf and his revenant skins are just too sweet. Which reminds me, I wish they would give Jax a Razor Ramon inspired skin. I think that would be awesome and I'd never play anyone else.

I'm getting a little better with jax btw. Still not where I think I should be. I'm just gonna need more time.

trufenix

bye felicia
Maybe, while nightwolf, and the second variation of Geras, intrigues me more than Obama, it's just that....come to find out, this may be weird, but I like when their command throws are kinda like a professional wrestling move.
Yeah, the unfortunate best answer MK11 has to offer is Kano, but that's a hard road. Don't believe the downplayers who say he can't get wins, but you won't be doing it with grabs.

New Era and Kotal are kind of in the same boat. Nightwolf is my jam, though. Try it. Seriously.

craftycheese

Yeah, the unfortunate best answer MK11 has to offer is Kano, but that's a hard road. Don't believe the downplayers who say he can't get wins, but you won't be doing it with grabs.

New Era and Kotal are kind of in the same boat. Nightwolf is my jam, though. Try it. Seriously.
Kano was my guy before I went down this Jax road. So much so that the only gear/skins I don't have are the ones that are locked behind the krypt events and race for time rewards. I honestly didn't think he was that bad and had a lot of fun with him. I wish f4 had a better KB requirement, but other than that, he's alright. I just wanted this season for KL, and still want to, to try different characters and see if there's anyone I like better.

I'll give nightwolf a serious shot