What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Sanjo

Noob
I’m not too upset about this but in KL I’m on my way to Demi god in KL and it’s gotten to the point where if I see a low tier character like frost, kollector, or Raiden I lose purely because I have no fucking idea how to play against those characters that nobody uses. I mean you must be a pretty damn good player if you pull out these characters at that high of a rank. I got my ass handed to me by a good Kollector(it was close) and a good Raiden in KL in a row and just flat out turned the game off for the day. Nothing wrong with these characters and I definitely need to get better but losing to those guys twice in a row is just flat out discouraging lol
Who are you playing?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I got hit 3x in a row online with a D1 after Kabal's F224 when I was trying to D1. Last time I checked it's -2 on block not +2. Online meta =|= Offline meta.
Same dude. It feels like he is plus. It really fucking does.

Kabal players do this shit so often that I had to take it to the lab. Now I just do a slight walk back after F224 and he whiffs and I punish.

skcuf

Noob
Haven't been here in awhile since my characters are Kano and Kotal so I'm not really enthused with the game right now, but something has been on my mind and I can't find any logical explanation.

What is the point of bleeding Krushing Blows? A DoT effect on a KB that can't even kill is just a severe hindrance and doesn't offer any additional benefit to the character doing it. Obviously this thought first arose because Kano's b3 KB is a counter hit that knocks a person full screen with 19% that adds up to...24%? I never actually checked the math on this, but compare it to other KBs that are single hits for lots of damage and it doesn't make sense, especially since if the person has 20% you don't kill and lose out on the full effect of the KB...

Long fucking rant incoming
  • Sub-zero's iceball is also fucking stupid and another horribly designed character. Can someone explain to me the fucking reason if i'm playing sonya and I hit him from full screen with ex fireball and I trade with iceball I still lose and he can walk up and knock me down? This character has fucking mixups, extremely good stagger pressure, tools which essentially can shut down neutral easily an unreactable overhead(if you think fucking 19 frames is reactable you're fucking (soap bar in my mouth) and i don't care for your opinion). Also due to how fucking trash jumping hurtboxes are I love getting clipped by fucking f+4 when i'm 30 feet in the air along with ice ball.
  • Cassie's low gunshot shouldn't knock down, Idfc what anyone says this move is fucking stupid. It's a projectile that knocks down, goes under nearly every other projectile and on top of that, ex version gets a full combo. Cetrion has the same move, slower, ex pop up does less damage and -50. OH WAIT, CASSIE'S EX LOW SHOT ALSO ANTI-AIRS. Fucking brilliant.
Maybe because Sub-Zero Ice Ball is anti-zoning? Couldnt you thinking about that? Firstable its slow as hell, and secondly it does no dmg, unless amplify. And the freeze time is perfectly okay.
Also Sonya rings are like 2,5 time faster compare to Sub Zero Ice Ball, unless he amplify. Maybe you should go work on your zoning in Lab. You need good timing to zoning against Sub Zero. But still you shouldnt have problem with him, if you play Sonya. If you lose, its because you are bad, not of character imbalance.
And for 183278382838 time go in lab training your muscle memory for Sub Zero OH it will do wonder. But people want to jump straight, play online and zero lab training. :D
First month i was doing only lab and offline play.
And again:

https://streamable.com/k6sf0
https://streamable.com/s0d34
https://streamable.com/bhnr0

And he obviously expect other shot, because he crouch before goes up to block the OH. And this is Sub Zero only tool. Without it, you can simply delete that character. OH is a problem in online high ping matches, but a lot of other things are as wel. Its a online ping problem.
And how hard is to just understand when people are going for OH and to read it if you cant react on it? And if he miss he eats full combo, so nothing wrong with his OH once again.

Cassie so call "low" shot is actually mid, so you can block it straight, no need to crouch to block it. Nothing wrong with that move. I can get your complain if it was of Liu Kang, because his zoning is nasty with combination of his insane full screen range Dragon Kick that counter so much sh****.

BTW this thread is really hilarious. So many complains about everything. So many people hating on the game ....
If the game takes the best of your nerves, why you keep playing it btw? I just dont get it. If any game doesnt give me joy i just move from her.
Its a masochism to keep doing thing that you hate so much. :D

My only complains about this game is about some fixes its needs. Character balance are okay, but KB and FB needs to be reworked, throws damage to be lowered to 10% or 12% and as well, give a bit more window to tech the throw and/or animation to know if its front or back throw. And for 28382382838 time, KB are not needed on throws. Its plain stupid.
The rest are okay. Just play and get better, instead of constantly complain.

Maybe because Sub-Zero Ice Ball is anti-zoning? Couldnt you thinking about that? Firstable its slow as hell, and secondly it does no dmg, unless amplify. And the freeze time is perfectly okay.
Also Sonya rings are like 2,5 time faster compare to Sub Zero Ice Ball, unless he amplify. Maybe you should go work on your zoning in Lab. You need good timing to zoning against Sub Zero. But still you shouldnt have problem with him, if you play Sonya. If you lose, its because you are bad, not of character imbalance.
And for 183278382838 time go in lab training your muscle memory for Sub Zero OH it will do wonder. But people want to jump straight, play online and zero lab training. :D
First month i was doing only lab and offline play.
And again:

https://streamable.com/k6sf0
https://streamable.com/s0d34
https://streamable.com/bhnr0

And he obviously expect other shot, because he crouch before goes up to block the OH. And this is Sub Zero only tool. Without it, you can simply delete that character. OH is a problem in online high ping matches, but a lot of other things are as wel. Its a online ping problem.
And how hard is to just understand when people are going for OH and to read it if you cant react on it? And if he miss he eats full combo, so nothing wrong with his OH once again.

Cassie so call "low" shot is actually mid, so you can block it straight, no need to crouch to block it. Nothing wrong with that move. I can get your complain if it was of Liu Kang, because his zoning is nasty with combination of his insane full screen range Dragon Kick that counter so much sh****.

BTW this thread is really hilarious. So many complains about everything. So many people hating on the game ....
If the game takes the best of your nerves, why you keep playing it btw? I just dont get it. If any game doesnt give me joy i just move from her.
Its a masochism to keep doing thing that you hate so much. :D

My only complains about this game is about some fixes its needs. Character balance are okay, but KB and FB needs to be reworked, throws damage to be lowered to 10% or 12% and as well, give a bit more window to tech the throw and/or animation to know if its front or back throw. And for 28382382838 time, KB are not needed on throws. Its plain stupid.
The rest are okay. Just play and get better, instead of constantly complain.
Because we actually think it's a good game, but it could be a lot better. This is the official complaint thread, so you can't really tell everyone not to complain. People who say that stuff are usually tier whores that switch to Sonya or Gears when they lose. Some of us also want to use the characters that we like, but can't due to balance. Half assed characters are unacceptable and unfun.

I think Breakaway is trash. Combos got toned down to get rid of breaker, yet they put a “breaker” in game. Roll should cost 2 d/bars.

Regulate the damage for the cast and it’ll work.
Agreed. Wake up rolls completely shut down pressure fighters too. This game does everything in its power to slow you down. It favors projectile based characters. That's why they added so much knockback. At least throws and command grabs stuff rolls. That's the only good thing thing about throws in this game.

Agreed. Wake up rolls completely shut down pressure fighters too. This game does everything in its power to slow you down. It favors projectile based characters. That's why they added so much knockback. At least throws and command grabs stuff rolls. That's the only good thing thing about throws in this game.
Don’t get me started on projectiles. You can’t even jump over them lol.

Because we actually think it's a good game, but it could be a lot better. This is the official complaint thread, so you can't really tell everyone not to complain. People who say that stuff are usually tier whores that switch to Sonya or Gears when they lose. Some of us also want to use the characters that we like, but can't due to balance. Half assed characters are unacceptable and unfun.
Of course i cant tell anyone to complain about anything, but 2-3 people do that constantly and its seems like they are on a edge of a nervous breakdown. You are one of them. :D
And the way i see it, a lot of complains are just for the sake of it. :D Pretty sure you will continue to do so, after the patch.
And everyone can play the character you want. And just like Sonic said:

You just need to learn the matchup. And nope i dont play Sonya or Geras. :D Sub Zero and Jonny Cage and i love them. Both have strength and weakness and are probably no where near to so call "top tiers" but i dont care.

As i said many times before im okay with good feedback, but a lot of cry and complain here are just for the sake of it. Complain for a characters or move, that are perfectly okay, yet because people are bad against them, and istead of trying to learn the matchup and improve, the easy route is to complain and wanting a nerf. :D

If you look your post from the different side you will have that hilarious time as well. ;D
P.P. If NRS just touch and rebalance the KB and FB, characters still going to be very different, but they can also up and down some character.
Geras and Sonya without some of their KB will be balanced correctly. Same for Jonny Cage, and the only thing he needs its viable KBs.

I don]t see anything wrong with breakaway mechanics and rolls. If they are removed, then this will favor huge time some "type" of characters and players.
You have much better control now, because the speed is not rushed and i love it that way.
And for the breakaway mechanics, you can simply use a lesser non- juggle combo, so the damage will be lower, but the opponent won`t have a chance to breakaway.

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Let me explain what tier lists are, for these people that actually believe that....how to eloquently put it.... crock of shit picture above.

But before that, let me say that anyone who says Cage doesn't need his forceballs to NOT WHIFF ON THE ENTIRE CAST is not a Cage player but a random scrub upplayer that has no clue about the game.

Ok now that that's out of the way, let's go:

Goal: clean the black scum between the tiles of the bathroom floor

God tier: electric floor scrubber
Low tier: tooth brush

Is the match-up winnable in both cases?
YES

Could a pro scrubber actually outperform using the tooth brush, by just being better as a human, a random dude off the street with the electric scrubber?
YES

Is the difference in effort ENORMOUS between the tiers?
YES

If the electric scrubber player is slightly less skilled than the toothbrush player (not by much, but he is less skilled, less reaction time, less speed, less practice), can he still win?
OF COURSE

DO THE TIERS ACTUALLY COMPENSATE FOR LACK OF SKILL IN A WIN?
OF COURSE MOTHERFKN YES, DOH

YOU JUST NEED TO LEARN THE MATCHUP MAN DONT WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

That was it, I want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you ladies and gentlemen for participating, and I really hope we can get together again in the future to continue our lovely debates on these pressing matters, and maybe have some coffee and cake. Cheerio ^___^.

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
The game is becoming annyoing and boring, for me.
Lot of problems can be fixed, expecially hit box issues.

But the real problems are people that play it.
They seems to not enjoying the ride to become better and always go for the cheapest, easiest and lamest way to play.
So, we have a slack array of characters to play against (basically Liu Kang and Scorpion), a huge amount of wi-fi players, rage quitters, counterpickers and tier whores in every single session of play.

I don't blame pro player who actually play only against someone they know.
It's a total mess out there.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I have no played that many Cetrion, I have noticed they tend to go for that one combo that ends in the geyser. I wouldn't say they mash nearly as much as EB with B222 or KL players throwing out spins, dive kicks and teleports at random from my experience. Yeah, Scorpion players inpatient ones like to jump and teleport or try to bait you to to do your projectile so they can punish you. The ones patient are the harder ones. But honestly I don't even think Scorp and Geras need much tactics they're both busted and OP that an average player can dominate with them.
Man I swear kung lao players roll their face over their Controller sometimes. They do the most random shit online

Of course i cant tell anyone to complain about anything, but 2-3 people do that constantly and its seems like they are on a edge of a nervous breakdown. You are one of them. :D
And the way i see it, a lot of complains are just for the sake of it. :D Pretty sure you will continue to do so, after the patch.
And everyone can play the character you want. And just like Sonic said:
View attachment 15469

You just need to learn the matchup. And nope i dont play Sonya or Geras. :D Sub Zero and Jonny Cage and i love them. Both have strength and weakness and are probably no where near to so call "top tiers" but i dont care.

As i said many times before im okay with good feedback, but a lot of cry and complain here are just for the sake of it. Complain for a characters or move, that are perfectly okay, yet because people are bad against them, and istead of trying to learn the matchup and improve, the easy route is to complain and wanting a nerf. :D

If you look your post from the different side you will have that hilarious time as well. ;D
P.P. If NRS just touch and rebalance the KB and FB, characters still going to be very different, but they can also up and down some character.
Geras and Sonya without some of their KB will be balanced correctly. Same for Jonny Cage, and the only thing he needs its viable KBs.

I don]t see anything wrong with breakaway mechanics and rolls. If they are removed, then this will favor huge time some "type" of characters and players.
You have much better control now, because the speed is not rushed and i love it that way.
And for the breakaway mechanics, you can simply use a lesser non- juggle combo, so the damage will be lower, but the opponent won`t have a chance to breakaway.
Like I said, it's the OFFICIAL complaint thread. That means most everything that's said here is a complaint or rant. Some are exaggerated and funny, and some are serious. It's better to vent and discuss shortcomings with others than drop the game entirely. It's weird that you don't understand this.
I'm okay with good feedback, but...
I don't give a shit, lmao. I bought the game so I'll talk shit about it if I want. The only "2 or 3" people that are outliers in these types of threads are those with your mindset. We get it, you love the game.
I'm not arguing with you about Cage. The monkey is out of barrel; he needs to be fixed. Case closed.
I didn't mention the breakaway mechanic, just wakeup rolls. Scarlet, Cetrion, and Shang Tsung have teleports when they shouldn't. They're projectile heavy characters with huge knockback. They're already at an advantage. There are enough get of jail for free cards. Wake up attacks are more than enough. No, I don't feel like I have control like the last game. It's clunky and there's a pause after every string. Sometimes moves don't even register.
learn the matchup
What matchup? I learned almost every matchup except for maybe D'Vorah and Kollector. Are you implying that we're bad players just because we think some characters and tools are unbalanced?
Way to jump to conclusions. Don't tell somebody they suck without playing them in a set and beating them first. We should play if you have Xbox. I'll be on later afternoon. Hell, you can even use Scrub Zero.

Gaxkang

Banned
I hope in the next Kombat League they ditch the Do 5 sets a day 10 times requirement for the tasks to unlock stuff.

I really only play MK11 right now to unlock stuff, collect it. I think it's a bad fighting game and I can't give praise to any part of its gameplay right now, but it makes for a collector's bug heh.

But then also forced into their lame limited variation ranked mode, and playing their poor online, just adds onto the blahness.

It doesn't take 10 days to get to say, champion.

Also, sometimes it seems like the counter for doing the sets doesn't always work...so you do them, and they might not count. :eek:

There's really no need for the requirement since folks have to play online fights to unlock KL stuff anyways...there's no need for this mobile game type task.

leoj89

Noob
I'm just not having fun with the game right now even when I win.
Hoping that I find my true character in NW or Sindel. Even better yet I hope they go ham in the patch and completely shift the current gameplay loop.

Last edited:
Its not a complain/rant, but a question, cause no need to open new thread for it.

Is someone knows if(or how) if i record certain move/s in practice mode and then put AI to repeat them, how i can make AI to shuffle them ???

Cause i dont find such option, but was read somewhere that there is a way to do it.

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
Its not a complain/rant, but a question, cause no need to open new thread for it.

Is someone knows if(or how) if i record certain move/s in practice mode and then put AI to repeat them, how i can make AI to shuffle them ???

Cause i dont find such option, but was read somewhere that there is a way to do it.
Record your actions for the AI, then set it to random in the AI options menu. There's a REO vid where he does it @ 4:50