What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Think it's time to take a break until a patch comes along. I don't find the game to be as balanced as we pretend it is, the Kombat League could have been amazing with WiFi filters + disconnect penalties, and some adjustments to FB and KB need to be made ASAP.

Game is good, and has the potential to be the best NRS game ever in the future. But as of right now? I'll be hanging it up until a patch. Will play in the TYM League for fun but that's about it.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Think it's time to take a break until a patch comes along. I don't find the game to be as balanced as we pretend it is, the Kombat League could have been amazing with WiFi filters + disconnect penalties, and some adjustments to FB and KB need to be made ASAP.

Game is good, and has the potential to be the best NRS game ever in the future. But as of right now? I'll be hanging it up until a patch. Will play in the TYM League for fun but that's about it.
Fully agree that KL is a failure. I played 10 games last night. I won 7. 3 dc'd. I lost three. 1 was a rank below me and I lost around 150 points. Out of all those games, maybe 5 were EITHER acceptable ping or wired. Its a waste of time in this state.

Balance wise, whats pushing you away?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Fully agree that KL is a failure. I played 10 games last night. I won 7. 3 dc'd. I lost three. 1 was a rank below me and I lost around 150 points. Out of all those games, maybe 5 were EITHER acceptable ping or wired. Its a waste of time in this state.

Balance wise, whats pushing you away?
Yea agreed 100%. Online is huge for fighters these days, and I'm pretty spoiled with Tekken's. This feels behind what was offered from PS3 games in online for a ranking system. Individual character ranks and a more in depth leveling system I was looking for, since they had the blueprint to beat what other games do good. Throw in the "right before finish him" disconnects that isn't addressed and mandatory wifi matches, and it's just a wash.

Balance-wise, I don't feel it's balanced now that we know the game better. Fun? Absolutely. Balanced? Nah. For example, the gap between Geras/Sonya/Scorpion compared to Kitana/Raiden/Lao compared to Frost/Kotal/Kollector is like three completely different games. Almost wonder if different teams designed certain characters with no consultation of what others were doing. Even when you win against most top tiers it just doesn't feel fun because their toolsets are so stupid. I haven't enjoyed beating Geras since week 1. Whereas a Cassie type feels fine and enjoyable. I don't understand why they would make so much of the top characters so silly, but it gets tiresome after facing them hundreds of times a week.

Wigy

There it is...
yeah your right just tested it , you have to be pixel perfect for the +2 its not that mutch of a problem honestly. i would rather fight barakas all day than liu and jacqui
Yeah it's a nuisance having a slight plus frame guessing game on that good a mid. Makes you scared to poke after.

I'm getting my ass BEAT in Kombat League. The first part of this game I was playing exclusively offline to attempt to unlock everything as I usually do before going online. This didn't work because NRS has rigged the game to steal our time with a rigged lottery system in the Krypt which doesn't even work. I spent over 50,000,000 koins in the Krypt, refilled the Krypt fully 12-14 times and am still missing MANY many items from the Krypt.

That's beside the point.

My lousy record in Kombat League is a sad 50-26. I have never had this problem winning in these games period. In MK9 I had a 8:1 win/loss in 1v1 and a 10+:1 ratio in tag. In MKX I had about a 7.5:1 ratio in 1v1. I know how to play fighting games and my first fighter was MK1 back in the early 90's.

This game just doesn't make sense. I am using Jacqui Briggs solely based off her feeling "right" when it comes to my play-style. I think she's a good player and anyone wanting her nerfed is stupid as hell. Nobody in this game should be nerfed, there is no one character that is anywhere CLOSE to being broken. To me: Jax, Kabal, and Raiden are under-rated. Oh well. I just don't get when I block someone's poke they can poke me back before I poke them back. Frame-data, I know. Don't know why pokes aren't more negative. Also, input issues, I have moves coming out that I didn't even input. Makes no sense.

This game is too slow for my pace. MK9 was slower than MKX; but, at least it had faster dashing, and big combos. This game just feels way too long to win a set, no matter who is winning/losing. The pro-players are gagged by contract; but, I'm sure they feel the same. I don't get why there are Krushing Blows on throws either. Makes little sense why an unblockable move would have a Krushing Blow attached simply because I pressed the wrong button to break it.

In regards to Kombat League, it's funny how there is no punishment for bitch-quitting. The nerve of NRS. I don't get points, and these quitters don't lose points. Makes no sense.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Why the hell are these tag battles not a mode? I was playing through a sub tower and they had me as sub and noob and you swapped them out with the konsumable stick. That shit was fun! I want to fight other people like that! 1 round 2 characters.

Let's make a few things perfectly clear:
  1. It is perfectly fine to use Scorpion if you like his backstory, moveset, design, or if you just feel comfortable with his play style. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using your favorite character. However, if you use Scorpion, and you decide to talk shit through your mic, tbag after a win, or send hate mail, all while deluding yourself into thinking you're a good player, you are a scumbag and a coward. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Period. End of story.
  2. Fatalities are a part of MK and always will be. If you want to use fatalities offline, with your friends, in KOTH, or even causal matches, go for it. However, if you challenge somebody with the intent of playing a set, or you're playing ranked/kombat league, and you perform a fatality, do not expect me to hang around. I play sets to get better at the game, and I play ranked to see how good I am at the game. I'm not sitting through a 15 second or more animation that we both saw hundreds of times after every win you get. Either keep the the matches and the momentum going or play a different game mode. Stop wasting my time.
  3. There are quite a few delusional fanboys and shills on this site and others claiming how balanced this game is. People are constantly asking why they're getting matched up with Scorpion players 7 times out of 10. It isn't just because he's always a popular character, but rather he and 3 or 4 others have literally every tool at their disposal, while the majority of the cast is horse shit. Several characters need buffs, and I don't have to list their names. Lurk on any of their character forums and find out for yourself. MK11 is worse than Injustice 2, or pre (any)patch MKX in terms of balance.
  4. Geras is overpowered. Don't bother arguing with me on this point, because you'll fail miserably.
  5. If you tell me that Kano doesn't need a mid starter, I'll just assume you have an IQ under 80.
  6. The word "spamming" gets thrown around a lot in fighting games, but more so in MK. When the dust is settled, using the same move over and over is in fact a legitimate strategy if your opponent can't block it. From my perspective though, true spamming completely pertains to brain damaged neanderthals that do nothing but throw projectiles. Cetrion, Jade, and Skarlet immediately come to mind. But Shang Tsung tops them all. Like the common Scorpion user, these players actually think they're good. The best word to describe these monkeys is "hypocrite". You bought a FIGHTING game, but you aren't going to FIGHT. These are the ultimate asshats on this game, and they know it. They're walking contradictions. Though it isn't entirely their fault. The blame really falls on NRS for catering to the lowest common denominator.
I'm glad I was able to vent.

Why the hell are these tag battles not a mode? I was playing through a sub tower and they had me as sub and noob and you swapped them out with the konsumable stick. That shit was fun! I want to fight other people like that! 1 round 2 characters.
Better question is why the hell tag towers aren't a mode.
There hasn't been one in over a month and it's the only achievement I'm missing. If I can't play with my buddies at least let me play with online people.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah the tag 4 player mode or the way they have you pair up with others is awesome. I don't believe for one second that people wouldn't be playing the tag team up mode online against other players or against tot challenges. Hopefully we see 4 player tag come back with more options.

Also, just want to say quickly while FB's are annoying and KB's do too much damage IMO. FB's don't always have armor, so many times I do them only to get stuffed by a normal move. Xrays had way more armor. Unless it's Erron Black's that pricks FB owns everything if you're not ducking

Let's make a few things perfectly clear:
  1. It is perfectly fine to use Scorpion if you like his backstory, moveset, design, or if you just feel comfortable with his play style. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using your favorite character. However, if you use Scorpion, and you decide to talk shit through your mic, tbag after a win, or send hate mail, all while deluding yourself into thinking you're a good player, you are a scumbag and a coward. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Period. End of story.
  2. Fatalities are a part of MK and always will be. If you want to use fatalities offline, with your friends, in KOTH, or even causal matches, go for it. However, if you challenge somebody with the intent of playing a set, or you're playing ranked/kombat league, and you perform a fatality, do not expect me to hang around. I play sets to get better at the game, and I play ranked to see how good I am at the game. I'm not sitting through a 15 second or more animation that we both saw hundreds of times after every win you get. Either keep the the matches and the momentum going or play a different game mode. Stop wasting my time.
  3. There are quite a few delusional fanboys and shills on this site and others claiming how balanced this game is. People are constantly asking why they're getting matched up with Scorpion players 7 times out of 10. It isn't just because he's always a popular character, but rather he and 3 or 4 others have literally every tool at their disposal, while the majority of the cast is horse shit. Several characters need buffs, and I don't have to list their names. Lurk on any of their character forums and find out for yourself. MK11 is worse than Injustice 2, or pre (any)patch MKX in terms of balance.
  4. Geras is overpowered. Don't bother arguing with me on this point, because you'll fail miserably.
  5. If you tell me that Kano doesn't need a mid starter, I'll just assume you have an IQ under 80.
  6. The word "spamming" gets thrown around a lot in fighting games, but more so in MK. When the dust is settled, using the same move over and over is in fact a legitimate strategy if your opponent can't block it. From my perspective though, true spamming completely pertains to brain damaged neanderthals that do nothing but throw projectiles. Cetrion, Jade, and Skarlet immediately come to mind. But Shang Tsung tops them all. Like the common Scorpion user, these players actually think they're good. The best word to describe these monkeys is "hypocrite". You bought a FIGHTING game, but you aren't going to FIGHT. These are the ultimate asshats on this game, and they know it. They're walking contradictions. Though it isn't entirely their fault. The blame really falls on NRS for catering to the lowest common denominator.
I'm glad I was able to vent.
If you don't want projectiles involved, my friend, don't play a 2d game. I friggin LOVE to Stone people to death with Cetrion, and I love even more when they try to counterpick me with cheap ass Scorpion, lose by getting damn outplayed (projectiles don't exist versus Scorpion, so do not even bring the conversation there) and then they ragequit or get brutally t-bagged. I live for that shit.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Biggest lie ever told, "character balance only matters at the highest level"
This would be true if we were playing chess, but this game is uno.
Imagine playing uno you could pick a character who had bonus set starter cards
Mine one (reverse) (1 skip )
Yours two (draw 4)(skip)
could you win sometimes, ya if the other player is a fucking idiot, but its really on them sucking. :coffee:
Because of how basic this game is, an fundamental based it comes down to bad tool, meh tool, great tools, derpy zomfg tools in the neutral at are level aswell

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Breakway system doesn't seem well thought out. The only drawback of a breakaway is that your defense bar recovers slowly, but considering this is a slower paced game, that doesn't seem like a good penalty since you're going to be gaining that bar right back during neutral. This is even worse with the fact that Krushing Blows are once a match.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Better question is why the hell tag towers aren't a mode.
There hasn't been one in over a month and it's the only achievement I'm missing. If I can't play with my buddies at least let me play with online people.
Yeah the other day I was asking about the last time anybody has seen one lol. I haven’t noticed one since launch week.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
More than anything, I'm upset that 1+3 for throw has to be pressed on the exact same frame. Even a very slight plink during the input yields a stand 1 or a stand 3 instead of throw. It has ruined many rounds (and sometimes matches) for me. Giving a frame of leniency would make a world of difference.