What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
I refuse to play this game until the lag is fixed. Why does ranked match me with 200 ping players on wifi? It's unplayable. It's a slideshow. it's bad enough every other person plays scorpio on liu, but it's that much worse when you're watching a claymation movie.
literally just posted this same thing in the "inputs" forum

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
Probably all my dislikes about the game comes from recent online stability problems and hitbox issues. I wish the game were consistent on its universal mechanics. Wakeups and flawless block reversals are the best example. Some characters wakeup U3 can anti air, some cahracters U2 are not anti airing basically anything and are easily stuffed by jumpins. Some characters can U2 flawless block reversal basically any gap, the other U2 cannot reach so they cannot launch punish some crucial gaps. Some of those reversals are safe, some are unsafe and I can't really discover the logic behind this.
The other thing that really grind my gears is when sometimes you duck a grab and D2 whiffs because grab recovery animations put some chars in crouching state.

I don't get it why some fatal blows does more damage than the others. But my biggest wish is that all of them were just straight death on block from basically anywhere on screen. The fact that some characters can just throw it and say fuck it and if they fail they will get it back makes neutral game absurd.

I don't really thing nuances of the game and game depth should came from making supposedly universal mechanics a hot mess. I think the game is really great but it's way less polished in those aspects than Injustice 2 on release. Don't get me wrong, Injustice 2 had a lot of hitboxes issues that survived until game's funreal, but in direct comparision MK11 seem a way more rushed and less polished.
couldn't have said it better myself. I'm amazed at how many "universal mechanics" aren't in play or all shambled and messy.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I'm all for the grind and getting good and overcoming bad matchups, but I'm at the point where I feel literally only lose a large number of the games I play because I main D'vorah and have not been able to bring myself to learn an alt properly.

The damage differential, defensive options on oki, and the frankly fucking stupid limitations they've put on strepsitera are just too much for me to overcome.

My offense is strike throw loops where the strike does less damage than the throw and can't be confirmed into a launch for no reason. On knockdown, if I've spent 2 bars (1 to launch 1 for setup) I finally get to have mix on par with the rest of the cast, or even an htb that does a whopping 13% after I lost 7% just going for the setup. Yay.

Did you guys know that strepsitera doesn't start combos on it's first several active frames? You'd think if someone pressed buttons during a setup when it wasn't their turn, I'd get something out of it more than 30 damage and some hit advantage because when you put the bug down in the corner it's behind them, so it comes out on their god damn feet and never gets dangerous. This can also happen midscreen if they forward roll or jump behind you. They did the wrong thing and fucked up, but because they're standing on the bug I get no real reward. How the fuck do you play a setup oki character in a game with defensive options like this and your own tools either not working as intended or being intentionally fucking neutered.

A balance patch can't come soon enough.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Tried the Scorpion Tag Tower today. I'm just amazed. I noticed the AI threw out a D1 to counter my D3 ON REACTION and at a distance D1 would normally not connect. Also D1 on reaction Sub Zero's slide from jump in range.
What in the everloving fuck.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Tried the Scorpion Tag Tower today. I'm just amazed. I noticed the AI threw out a D1 to counter my D3 ON REACTION and at a distance D1 would normally not connect. Also D1 on reaction Sub Zero's slide from jump in range.
What in the everloving fuck.
They want us to step up our game lol

what I don't get is people complained about the lootboxes and grind in inj2 but the reward for gear in inj2 was way more rewarding in that game. the only valid complaints would've just been unlocking character abilities in inj2.

Losing a match to picking up an interactable instead of meter burning a projectile and then the guy teabags increases the rage meter just a tad. Can we just get rid of the stupid interactables already? Does anybody like these things? Christ sake.
I feel like interactables make sense in Injustice. In MK there is no need for them at all. Just an added mechanic. Honestly the only time I use them is to get out of the corner or if I accidentally throw one.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
This is going to sound like a major salt post and honestly if you want to call me a scrub for it, idc. Mkx is a way better game then mk11.

• I absolutely despise the extended hurtboxes of legs while jumping, it makes it extremely hard to jump over projectiles for no apparent fucking reason. It's literally impossible to jump over specific moves like erron's big boot attack.
  • I hate the fact there is no non-okizeme defensive options except faultless blocking strings, Was invul backdashes and armor really that busted that it needed to be removed?
  • I'm legit sick of viewing the same 2 to 3 fucking strings over and over and over. All you need to do with liu kang to win is f+4, all you need to do with Erron to win is b+2. Seeing the same string abused over and over and over is fucking ugly to view and it becomes very frustating to deal with.
  • Saying this game is "balanced" is absolute bullshit. The top tiers just have better fucking tools then everyone else for no apparent fucking reason at all. Why is it Kitana needs to spend her lethal conditions on her i13 punish to get 30% while sonya's i13 punish is also 30% meterless and grants better okizeme?

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah this 'game is balanced' is a bill.

The top tier just have straight up better tools.

It's a wonder with some of the decisions made. Everyone keeps saying we should delay a balance patch forever. There's CLEARLY dumb shit. Fuck this PTSD everyone has from older balance patching. I'd rather have some bad balance patches than deal with another month of playing the same 5 characters over and over online and getting frauded out of wins.

Sonya's rings obviously dumb.
Errons f4 obviously dumb.
Scud shot obviously dumb.
Scorpions teleport obviously dumb
Geras's d1 obviously dumb
Geras's krushing blows obviously dumb
Johnny having 0 usable krushing blows obviously dumb
Errons d3 obviously dumb

Half of the highs in the game just not being highs, mids not being mids.

List goes on and on

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I played 5 ranked sets, 4 was against Scorpion. I don't have words to describe how repetitive and boring this is.
I use scorpion. We’re the “Ryu” of the game. We are successful with spacing and fundamental footsies. We play boring because if we go ham on a whim we die. Boring to me is having to guess against Sonya or deal with Geras. Geras especially ALL of them literally play the same.

Wigy

There it is...
I use scorpion. We’re the “Ryu” of the game. We are successful with spacing and fundamental footsies. We play boring because if we go ham on a whim we die. Boring to me is having to guess against Sonya or deal with Geras. Geras especially ALL of them literally play the same.
Easy to force your fundamentals and footsies when you've got a mid with no hurtbox stupid pokes great movement and big ass grab range. Not to mention people are scared shitless of teleport which they have to guess on to punish.

Oh you want to antiair- teleport for your troubles.

Scorpion was a lot rarer in other mortal Kombat games. I WONDER WHY. He was still the poster child ryu of the game then.

Also all scorpions play the exact same.

Scorpion is not one of the skillful neutral character, he's far from it. He plays his neutral on his very own terms and ignores most of the shit characters have to deal with.

You think it's bad dealing with Sonya's with scorpion. Try having to tip toe around the pew pew pew without a teleport and free jumps

The scorpion downplay on this site is incredible

Last edited:

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Only complaint I have is based online. I get paired with what seems to be a good connection but when the match starts it’s 3 bar or the connection status symbol is flashing constantly. I can end up losing to a really ugly connection and then X player t-bags like he/she actually did anything lol

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Easy to force your fundamentals and footsies when you've got a mid with no hurtbox stupid pokes great movement and big ass grab range. Not to mention people are scared shitless of teleport which they have to guess on to punish.

Oh you want to antiair- teleport for your troubles.

Scorpion was a lot rarer in other mortal Kombat games. I WONDER WHY. He was still the poster child ryu of the game then.

Also all scorpions play the exact same.

Scorpion is not one of the skillful neutral character, he's far from it. He plays his neutral on his very own terms and ignores most of the shit characters have to deal with.

You think it's bad dealing with Sonya's with scorpion. Try having to tip toe around the pew pew pew without a teleport and free jumps

The scorpion downplay on this site is incredible
Yea but you block any of our “fundamentals or teleports” and we give up our turn or die. Plus we’re straightforward, no crazy looking strings or oddball cancels. And EVERYONE has fucked up hitboxes. You wanna complain about those? I run Frost too. I can’t punish scorpions TP from one side using a standing jab, half to dash but the other side it’s fine.

Out of all the “S tiers” scorpion is the one I worry about the least.

Wigy

There it is...
Yea but you block any of our “fundamentals or teleports” and we give up our turn or die. Plus we’re straightforward, no crazy looking strings or oddball cancels. And EVERYONE has fucked up hitboxes. You wanna complain about those? I run Frost too. I can’t punish scorpions TP from one side using a standing jab, half to dash but the other side it’s fine.

Out of all the “S tiers” scorpion is the one I worry about the least.
You don't die on teleport block. It's a ridiculous guessing game to punish.

Everyone has to deal with derpy hitboxes but few characters have a hitconfirmable safe ranged mid string that has no hurtbox on the end

Practically everyone gives up their turn if they block minus geras lol.

I play cage so I really don't give a shit about geras. sonya and erron are stupid also but that doesn't justify scorpion being a mess.

I play frost as well I'm well aware.

Last edited: