What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Anyone else think the revenants look terrible? Looks like they just covered bald characters in mud or something. Jade actually looks good since her skin kinda looks like jade stone, but Kabal especially looks awful.

Also, this complaint is way too early and might make me look dumb later, but what the hell. Cassie looks boring as fuck to play as.

omooba

fear the moobs
Anyone else think the revenants look terrible? Looks like they just covered bald characters in mud or something. Jade actually looks good since her skin kinda looks like jade stone, but Kabal especially looks awful.

Also, this complaint is way too early and might make me look dumb later, but what the hell. Cassie looks boring as fuck to play as.
agree with kabal looking god awful. i loved mkx revenant costumes but damn it's like they made them look like they're rotting. mkx made them look more like evil versions

agree with kabal looking god awful. i loved mkx revenant costumes but damn it's like they made them look like they're rotting. mkx made them look more like evil versions

Exactly. Hopefully they don't put them all on the character select screen, especially since non-revenant Liu Kang and Kung Lao look so good.

fireborg

Noob
yo so spoke with my homies, that i play with - all of them quite solid players and we all had the same feeling from beta

footsies fundamentals part of gameplay really great
small moves list and feeling of limited options (repetitiveness) with characters not so good at all @16 Bit your opinion if you care to join in?

I am thinking might get better with full roster and an option to pick more chars

I know it's been discussed and debated to death at this point, but I wish the female characters had more revealing outfits. The Kitana I know is the one who isn't afraid of showing some skin. I can understand Sonya and Cassie Cage covering up, but the female ninjas have always been known to show some skin.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
25-29 characters is not enough for a base roster. Not for an 11th game in a series that has accumulated over 70 playable characters over the years. It should have been 35, at least. There's many fan favorites and long-absent characters that could have been included.
That is really a matter of opinion. I'm very happy with 25 and in fact I'd be happy with 20 considering each character will have multiple versions of it. I have always preferred quality over quantity and I don't want another MK Armageddon ever again where you have cheap characters by the dozens.

Many characters including some fan favorites simply have to sit out some games. There's no way around it. My own favorite Sektor hasn't made the base roster and there's still no sign that he'll be in kombat pack. But that's something I'll have to accept for the sake of a good game.

I also don't understand why some fans expect more and more content every game while expecting the game to still cost the same. It defies logic.

That is really a matter of opinion. I'm very happy with 25 and in fact I'd be happy with 20 considering each character will have multiple versions of it. I have always preferred quality over quantity and I don't want another MK Armageddon ever again where you have cheap characters by the dozens.

Many characters including some fan favorites simply have to sit out some games. There's no way around it. My own favorite Sektor hasn't made the base roster and there's still no sign that he'll be in kombat pack. But that's something I'll have to accept for the sake of a good game.

I also don't understand why some fans expect more and more content every game while expecting the game to still cost the same. It defies logic.
I know what you mean, but I was never asking for another Armageddon. Just for a few more characters. I know not everyone can make it, but a few more should have.

1.) Missing some fun modes from previous iterations: Tag Team, Konquest, Puzzle Kombat, Test Your Luck.

2.) Some of the roster choices are questionable Jaqui, Cassie...

3.) I hope there are classic outfits for the female fighters because the current designs are too similar.

4.) To me, part of the charm of MK games have been about mystery and secrets but they haven't put any emphasis on this aspect since before MK9.

5.) The online play still is not as responsive as Killer Instinct or Dragon Ball Fighterz has been for me. This killed MKX for me in a week.

6.) Some of the character fighting animations look terrible, moves look like they wouldn't have much force of impact and certain combos do not look fluid, such as when using the same arm on the first two hits. There are good videos on YouTube demonstrating what I am talking about.

7.) The music does not "pop" like older games. I dislike this ambient style music they put in MKX and MK11

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
And since you posted it here as well, same answer follows:

Well, there's been a lot of classic fighter announcements since February... so he wasn't wrong. But we're very close to launch now, so the chance of other faves than the ones we already know being in the game is very low at this point.

Next chance is as DLC though.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
1.) Missing some fun modes from previous iterations: Tag Team, Konquest, Puzzle Kombat, Test Your Luck.

2.) Some of the roster choices are questionable Jaqui, Cassie...

3.) I hope there are classic outfits for the female fighters because the current designs are too similar.

4.) To me, part of the charm of MK games have been about mystery and secrets but they haven't put any emphasis on this aspect since before MK9.

5.) The online play still is not as responsive as Killer Instinct or Dragon Ball Fighterz has been for me. This killed MKX for me in a week.

6.) Some of the character fighting animations look terrible, moves look like they wouldn't have much force of impact and certain combos do not look fluid, such as when using the same arm on the first two hits. There are good videos on YouTube demonstrating what I am talking about.

7.) The music does not "pop" like older games. I dislike this ambient style music they put in MKX and MK11
I agree with most of what you said but what do you mean responsive? You mean connection? Cause DBFZ is by far without a shadow of a doubt the worst online I have ever played. MKX online was not too great early on but later their netcode improved greatly imo.

I agree with most of what you said but what do you mean responsive? You mean connection? Cause DBFZ is by far without a shadow of a doubt the worst online I have ever played. MKX online was not too great early on but later their netcode improved greatly imo.
Yeah I am talking about the connection lag. From my experience DBFZ was pretty stable after the beta and you could choose which regional servers you wanted to connect to for matchmaking. The lobby system was also really helpful for finding local players and making the online component seem like a community rather than solely staring at a matchmaking box.

Slade

Make It Rain
Ok, I'm not one to really go on rants. I like to be peacemaker, but I did have a couple things on my mind. For now, I'll just vent about this... I believe there's a disconnect right now between NRS (maybe even specifically EB), as far as reveals and how fans should be patient, this or that. I'd like to think that I personally am a patient person. However the build up to this game, even with a shorter window, has clearly caused frustration among many fans on a few different levels, and I think it's valid. I understand Boon likes to be a troll on twitter, and this would've been fine 10 years ago. But in 2019, it's just not gonna fly. We are in the generation of social media, uber, amazon, the instant everything generation. Meanwhile NRS, considering that, wants to continue to reveal things at this super slow water drip pace from beginning to end, treat any bit of info with the highest degree of secrecy, and for me personally, it's just a big turn off honestly. That's part of where the disconnect is and it's a big part of where ppl become frustrated. Which leads to backlash, leading to speculation, leading to fans being outraged about their characters or roster. A domino effect that just isn't good for anyone. NRS wants to reveal things at a snail's pace in an age of instant everything. I hope going forward, they can realize this and perhaps take a little bit of a different approach.

Listen, I understand wanting to keep some things a surprise. I'm not saying they should reveal every single thing from the game a year before it launches. That's not what I'm saying. But it does honestly get a little annoying how they treat any info that comes out for the game as if it's some super secret government information that will ruin their business if they don't hold onto it and hold on and hold on until x or y date months later. It's almost as if they never actually have a plan in place, it's just simply holding out the info for as long as possible, because maybe in their minds it's going to "build hype". There's never any real plan. For example, they revealed the render for D'Vorah and then you never heard anything about her until over 2 months later. Even with the weekly kasts, it still felt like some things were planned, but then other things it was just reactionary to what was being talked about most recently.

I'm not really familiar with how things are done with most of the other fighting games or how the process has been for them leading up to new games, so maybe this is common, it's not exclusive just to NRS, and I'm just off base here. But even so, again, the reality is that society today, maybe more so in the US, in this generation today of instant everything, it just clashes right now with NRS' process leading up to a new game. I'm not saying I agree with it, or that I support the toxicity or out of control fans, but I do understand the frustration.

Ok, I'm not one to really go on rants. I like to be peacemaker, but I did have a couple things on my mind. For now, I'll just vent about this... I believe there's a disconnect right now between NRS (maybe even specifically EB), as far as reveals and how fans should be patient, this or that. I'd like to think that I personally am a patient person. However the build up to this game, even with a shorter window, has clearly caused frustration among many fans on a few different levels, and I think it's valid. I understand Boon likes to be a troll on twitter, and this would've been fine 10 years ago. But in 2019, it's just not gonna fly. We are in the generation of social media, uber, amazon, the instant everything generation. Meanwhile NRS, considering that, wants to continue to reveal things at this super slow water drip pace from beginning to end, treat any bit of info with the highest degree of secrecy, and for me personally, it's just a big turn off honestly. That's part of where the disconnect is and it's a big part of where ppl become frustrated. Which leads to backlash, leading to speculation, leading to fans being outraged about their characters or roster. A domino effect that just isn't good for anyone. NRS wants to reveal things at a snail's pace in an age of instant everything. I hope going forward, they can realize this and perhaps take a little bit of a different approach.
From my experience almost 12 years in the industry 9 in QA and 3 in Marketing , its because the game and features arent ready to be shown not because NRS wants to delay reveals.
Even in the earlier Kombat Cast many bugs happens. Even though the game is gold they are still polishing stuff and fixing. No company likes to show unpolished features.

Honestly i feel like we are lucky they go out of there way to show us in depth almost all characters before release. sit tight 2 more weeks man

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F

Listen, I understand wanting to keep some things a surprise. I'm not saying they should reveal every single thing from the game a year before it launches. That's not what I'm saying. But it does honestly get a little annoying how they treat any info that comes out for the game as if it's some super secret government information that will ruin their business if they don't hold onto it and hold on and hold on until x or y date months later. It's almost as if they never actually have a plan in place, it's just simply holding out the info for as long as possible, because maybe in their minds it's going to "build hype". There's never any real plan. For example, they revealed the render for D'Vorah and then you never heard anything about her until over 2 months later. Even with the weekly kasts, it still felt like some things were planned, but then other things it was just reactionary to what was being talked about most recently.

I'm not really familiar with how things are done with most of the other fighting games or how the process has been for them leading up to new games, so maybe this is common, it's not exclusive just to NRS, and I'm just off base here. But even so, again, the reality is that society today, maybe more so in the US, in this generation today of instant everything, it just clashes right now with NRS' process leading up to a new game. I'm not saying I agree with it, or that I support the toxicity or out of control fans, but I do understand the frustration.
We are most definitely lucky to have a somewhat constant stream of information being put out about several characters at once. I play Blazeblue Cross Tag Battle and my god do they really have a disconnect. Part of it I assume is because they are Japanese and releasing a game in a western market will have some separation but they did this for all regions. They showed off 4 new characters then we had to wait 6 months for gameplay then we have to wait another 5 months to play them. Information is so scarce from them that it really puts me down when I try to support them and their game because I really do enjoy playing it.

MK for me has always been on point with their information and when they reveal it. Not everything has to be instant and if it was then we would end up with shit games like CoD or Fallout where they have this, "need to release now" mentality. This is why Cyberpunk 2077 is so hype for me because they are taking their time regardless of what some impatient fans say and are polishing their product like how you're suppose to do. Let NRS do their thing, if they need to push back the date for the game because they got some game breaking bug then that's fine. If they want to spread out how much information we get then that's fine too. There are other games to play and things to do in the mean time.

Pizza

Thrill Kill

Agreed.

Slade

Make It Rain
From my experience almost 12 years in the industry 9 in QA and 3 in Marketing , its because the game and features arent ready to be shown not because NRS wants to delay reveals.
Even in the earlier Kombat Cast many bugs happens. Even though the game is gold they are still polishing stuff and fixing. No company likes to show unpolished features.

Honestly i feel like we are lucky they go out of there way to show us in depth almost all characters before release. sit tight 2 more weeks man
I understand. For me, it's not the waiting for what they reveal that's the problem or being impatient. It's how they go about it that just gets a little off-putting sometimes, that's all.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Only real komplaint is too many cages/briggs sonya,cassie,johnny,jax,Jacqui. Could replace a few with icons like reptile and sindel or interesting newbies like takeda
Yeah I remember ppl saying mkx was too 'military'-esque, especially in story-mode, which bored the crap out of them. Honestly the Outworld chapters are the parts I enjoyed the most. More 'fantasy' fight scenes with sai's and kobo-jutsu's and less guns.