What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

One more thing I’d like to say is that it feels weird doing combos. I suppose it’ll be a matter of getting used to it but I can hear the buttons being pressed and the move just doesn’t come out. I have the input release thing off so not sure what it is.

Why display the win %. Just show the wins and the connection. About connection, especially the WiFi ones. Have an average from best to worst ping. Always annoying when you see a sub 100 ping and the game starts and it’s like almost 300 then back to 50 etc.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
It feels too hard to create space or every get yourself a second to breathe while you're in pressure sometimes. I feel it in Kabal's staggers, Baraka's staggers/mix, Scorpion's misery blade cancels. If backdashes worked better or if certain moves didn't advance quite so far, if there were more gaps, or if there were better defensive tools if would feel better to play against them. But maybe future characters like Sub will have better options for that.

Justfitz

Noob
1: I don't mind too much I just think they should adjust the fall out thing, that hinders it a bit and I think it's kinda dumb I can get wrecked for punishing my opponents dumb or unsafe mistake.

3: Im slowly getting used to this but I too catch myself hitting R2 sometimes in the heat of the moment and am like "SHIT"

6: I didn't actually notice it comes back until today when a dude wasted it and some time later he did it again and I was like "wait what?" I looked it up after that.

9: I agree to be honest that's the ONE thing that bothers me. I've been a scorpion main since MK1 and after 20+ years they now make it to where you have to meter burn it to get the stun? But other characters like scarlet have special moves that leave you reeling outright too. I don't like that part at all.
In regards to 9 I understand your complaint wholeheartedly. But the spear did receive a really nice buff to its speed. In mkx, it was never even close to viable to throw out raw.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
My boy Bo can catch a break man...one of the strangest characters in the MKU but the kombat kids get a pass?

And so far id say net code has been meh, that plus lots of ppl on wifi..

Sounds Fx punches etc...im hoping the final build brings a bet more "punch" to the over hit noises etc...and im hoping all of the music is going in the direction of the special forces stages thats a solid BGM right now..and im a little Meh on the roster...no reptile (which i would have LOVE to see go cyborg) or nightwolf or stryker? just some the kids coming back? come on...

I still def feel the game is slower and liked the pacing of mkx even though it ws correct that 50/50 was a struggle..just need the game speed turnt up just a bit and it should be fine.

But i think the salt in the wound is ppl getting a by a hair win and not wanting the run back..been like 3/5 games now so im starting to wonder should i adopt this policy like the old MK ranked games? lol

TylorJockin

You don't impress me.
In terms of beta characters, why the fuck is Kabal so fucking good? Its fucking crazy. The only other complaint I have is how BM people are on this game. Teabagging is one thing (I guess) but yesterday I had two people plug in mics to tell me how bad I am. Like, cmon.

Justfitz

Noob
My boy Bo can catch a break man...one of the strangest characters in the MKU but the kombat kids get a pass?

And so far id say net code has been meh, that plus lots of ppl on wifi..

Sounds Fx punches etc...im hoping the final build brings a bet more "punch" to the over hit noises etc...and im hoping all of the music is going in the direction of the special forces stages thats a solid BGM right now..and im a little Meh on the roster...no reptile (which i would have LOVE to see go cyborg) or nightwolf or stryker? just some the kids coming back? come on...

I still def feel the game is slower and liked the pacing of mkx even though it ws correct that 50/50 was a struggle..just need the game speed turnt up just a bit and it should be fine.

But i think the salt in the wound is ppl getting a by a hair win and not wanting the run back..been like 3/5 games now so im starting to wonder should i adopt this policy like the old MK ranked games? lol
And its extra crappy when they were like 1 hit from death and won because of a 30% fatal blow or whatever they're called. At first they didn't bother me so much, but the more I play the more I dislike them. The animation is just sooo long, and the longer you play the more you notice it. Plus, they can just kill the hype of the final moments of a close game. If it's a tight game that's coming down to the wire, and someone wins because of a ridiculously easy to hit fatal blow with Kabal it just kills that round for me. Even when I've won because of fatal blow, which isn't common because I usually dont use it unless my opponent does, it feels lame, like I didnt earn the win. Even when I combo into it I still dont like it.

And then people can use wake ups into fatal blow and that sucks. Whether it be a roll, or a wake up attack, it's just so weird to me that someone can spend meter to "escape" a situation and then use that advantageous position to do a super move. It's crazy man..

Ok, rant over.

Ravager

Tanya Loyalist, Cassie main in MK11.
My main complaint is a common one, Jade doesn't have any mid screen pop ups. Some more variety to her combos mid screen would make her more fun and satisfying, in my opinion. I understand she's not really intended to be a big combo character, but I'd personally like more combo variety for her instead of just some string in to Deadly Butterfly/Shadow Kick.

Justfitz

Noob
My main complaint is a common one, Jade doesn't have any mid screen pop ups. Some more variety to her combos mid screen would make her more fun and satisfying, in my opinion. I understand she's not really intended to be a big combo character, but I'd personally like more combo variety for her instead of just some string in to Deadly Butterfly/Shadow Kick.
Yea I was disappointed by this as well. And most of her KB requirements are lame.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I have to study for my exam later today but here I'm looking for Cetrion news.

guess this means FUCK NRS AND THEIR SHITTY GAME

:DOGE

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
Kabal saying Kaballin after every round. It's dumb af. Please @tylerlansdown allow us to change the outro taunts after every round.
Great job with the game it is by far the best MK ever made.

If it's not to much trouble, can you add a practice mode in the Beta for last couple of days so we can lab up the Krushing blows and Matchup counters/NDCs? If you are wanting us to have the option for practice that would be great and I'm sure everyone here would love you for it.

Also please ignore anyone requesting nerfs or buffs for any character until the game is out for a bit so things can be properly labbed.
true, why the fuck he is saying that lol

Derico

Banned
Never seen so many backlash and wrong decisions before a mk release.

In other words, mk11 is the sfv of mortal kombat.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
One more thing I’d like to say is that it feels weird doing combos. I suppose it’ll be a matter of getting used to it but I can hear the buttons being pressed and the move just doesn’t come out. I have the input release thing off so not sure what it is.
Amplify is supposed to be pressed at specific times. For example Kabals Hook Grab is pressed just as they hit the ground but his Nomad Dash is done right after you hit confirm the last hit of the normal string.

It was weird that Amplify was R1/RB instead if Block(R2/RT) but I got used to it very quickly even without having practice mode.

You will have to practice them to get the combos. It's not like mkx where all combos where similar timings. Each character is unique well at least the characters I tested.

Amplify is supposed to be pressed at specific times. For example Kabals Hook Grab is pressed just as they hit the ground but his Nomad Dash is done right after you hit confirm the last hit of the normal string.

It was weird that Amplify was R1/RB instead if Block(R2/RT) but I got used to it very quickly even without having practice mode.

You will have to practice them to get the combos. It's not like mkx where all combos where similar timings. Each character is unique well at least the characters I tested.
I started to notice that there were different timings with the amplify. I was more worried about Jades’ b3434 (I think it’s that). I didn’t understand why I couldn’t cancel into the bf2/df4. It kept on doing two hits. I managed to figure out that you have to commit to the full 3 hits of that string to then hit the bf2/df4. I didn’t have the time/talent to try out other characters unfortunately. Jade looked cool so that’s what I went with. I may change my mind when the game has officially released. Appreciate your reply though, the amplify timing I wasn’t fully aware of, so thank you!

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Jades’ b3434 (I think it’s that). I didn’t understand why I couldn’t cancel
Yeah if you where trying to cancel off that string it's not possible.
If you look in the moves list every move lists cancel advantage and if it's 0 or n/a you can't cancel it.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Cetrion... What have they done to you girl? What type of overpowered Jean Grey character have they turned you in? Also, I hate all people that compare this abomination with Poison Ivy, Cetrion wished she was as cool as Ivy, she now is as dull as Exodus from X-men, an overpowered all-power controlling chaos mess.

Her looks are perfect, her powers are insane bad.

Very disappointed... hope Kollector won’t letme down.

I hate Cetrion more than Cassie and Bo Rai Cho now...

i don't know what mode i'm supposed to play online now. i wanted to use custom variations but that is in player matches and they have augments enabled by default. whereas ranked matches have no custom variations.

this really sucks as one of the main reasons i stopped playing injustice 2 player matches were because of the forced gear stats and no-one seemed to want to turn them off.

I'm not a competitive player or a tournament player just an online warrior.

25-29 characters is not enough for a base roster. Not for an 11th game in a series that has accumulated over 70 playable characters over the years. It should have been 35, at least. There's many fan favorites and long-absent characters that could have been included.