What's new

THE OFFICIAL MK11 COMPLAINT/RANT THREAD

Blade4693

VIVIVI
...I honestly don't have anything to complain about YET but I will say the stages are still looking bland and boring like MKXs other than Shang's Island, but I understand we only saw like three so im not jumping to conclusions lol

and the music. I haven't heard it yet. I played MKX for a couple years and I still haven't heard its music. I hope that isn't the case with MK11.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I'm pretty sure that this is going to be the roster:

Scorpion
Sub Zero
Raiden
Sonya
Baraka
Skarlet
Shao Kahn
Geras
Kronika
Kabal
Cassie
Johnny
Kitana
Kung Lao
Rain
Kano

Likely
Takeda or Kung Jin
Kotal Kahn

Which is 18, which means we have six spots (maybe seven if Cassie is the only Kombat Kid) for:
Shang Tsung
Jade
Noob
Sindel
Cyrax
Sektor
Smoke
Nightwolf
Sheeva
Stryker
Fujin
Bo Rai Cho
Li Mei
Havik
Hotaru
Ashrah

And even discounting the 'long shots' in there, we could have a serious problem on our hands.

And even that discounts characters we know NRS loves and that have significant fanbases but really need to sit a game out eventually, like Mileena, Quan Chi, Ermac, Jax, Kenshi and arguably Reptile. If you include those six, or even a portion of them, we'll be lucky to get more than Jade and Shang Tsung out of the 'fan favourites' we've been missing.

What I'm saying is, I think this roster won't be as fresh and exciting as the rest of the game: where NRS were incredibly brave and bold in building the game from the ground up, I fear the roster will be incredibly staid and 'safe'

I realise this is partially a joke thread at this point, but I was gonna make this thread anyway.

Hate the HUD. Don`t like the FATAL BLOW pop-up. Makes it look like a mobile game. Also, if the meter auto refills itself, then there`s no reason for it to take a lot of space. You know when you used it, you`ll learn the timing for a refill, so i hope i can just turn it off.
Also, the transitions from game to Fatal Blow cinematics don`t look to smooth. Especially Baraka`s. It had like a delay after a hit, almost a loading screen and then the lightning changes instantly and you get like a completly different visual. We gonna be seeing a lot of those cinematics, so whis issue might become more annoying in the future.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It’s mostly just the people that annoy the fuck out of me to be honest.

People playing MKX: “THERES NO FOOTSIES, THERE IS NO ZONING, ITS JUST A 50/50 FUCK FEST. JUST WAIT TILL INJUSTICE 2 WHEN FOOTSIES AND ZONING RETURN, THEN YOU RUSHDOWN SCRUBS WILL SEE!!!”

People playing Injustice 2: “WOW THIS IS SO BORING, ITS NOTHING BUT WALKING BACK, SPACING, AND ZONING. JUST WAIT TILL MK11 WHEN YOU GUYS CANT WALK BACK AND SPAM ALL DAY!!”

And upon literally just seeing a few matches and trailers, with 7 playable characters, people are already crying about MK 11. They’re calling it Injustice 3, complaining about the roster when we haven’t even seen it all, and whining about the pace of it. Even though everyone is constantly busting a nut over MK9 and MK11 looks more similar to that than to the other modern NRS games, that’s now bad.

Maybe some of us are just fucking bad at these games? Is that okay to admit? Does that somehow detract from the fun? I’m just tired of the crying. Yes I can see the irony of me being angry about the complaining as I am sitting here complaining. But this is the complaint thread so it’s as good a place to get it out as any.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't really have complaints, just more a few things I'm worried about.

I had preferred Cassie to be on the main roster without Sonya or Johnny, who could become DLC at a later point. However now that Sonya is in, I just hope Cassie is a skin for Sonya, especially since signs are pointing to Johnny also being on the roster. Having all three of them seems a bit too much, imo. One of the main issues people had with MKX was the roster being kinda dull, a lot of legacy characters on it who were just there to be there while a lot of fan favourites were no where to be seen, and I just don't want a repeat of that in MK11.

Of course it depends on how the rest of the roster will be outside of those three, but with the info we have now, it doesn't look as good as I had hoped it would.

Another thing is the movement in the game. I wasn't a fan of the Run feature, so I don't mind it being gone, however, I wish the walk speed and dashing would be just a tad faster, maybe have the dashes go a bit further, and the jumps less floaty. I'm aware the devs wants the game to be a bit slower and more strategic, and I'm completely alright with that, but as it is now it looks a bit too slow when it comes to movement.

The speed of the battle, as soon the characters attack and do combos, looks good though!

That's about it though. Other than these few things, I'm loving what we've seen so far!

Reactions: SGX
Ed Boon "each game is bigger than the last" I know he meant the whole game but com on!!!

Injustice 24 Characters at launch 6 DLC
Mortal Kombat XL 25 Kharacters with Goro 8 DLC
Injustice 2 29 Characters with Darkseid 9 DLC
Mortal Kombat 11 26 Kharacters with Shao Kahn ?????

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I really don’t like the blue hit/block indicators. Makes it seem way more animated and goofy and less brutal.
Hit sparks? That's a normal thing in fighters. Never been super huge and noticeable in mk/injustice but with the main focus on neutral, they've made it more noticeable so people can more easily hit confirm.

And apparently NRS forgot how to make female faces again...
This was an early build of the game. Cassie Cage had a giraffe neck in the early builds of mkx. Those things will get ironed out or may already have in their current build.