What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

How could there be too much KUH-BALL! Everyone hates him. It would be an exciting sight to see top 8 full of KUH-BALLS and everyone raging...

Feels good to be a Kabal main. :cool:

EDIT: Also, CD Jr.. Maaan. It's cool your picking up Kabal and all, but man, you've already proven that players DON'T need to use Kabal to win.. Maybe a few do, but you've got your steady guns already man. FUCK people are going to rage, lol.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
People can use who they want. Who gives a shit. I watch major tournaments to get ideas of how to play and what to do in certain situations. I watch to learn, so I don't care who play's who. The only concern some could have is if people start picking up Kabal all over the place then we'll have a Tekken 6 situation on our hands. I think Tekken 6 nailed it's own coffin with all those Bob players at EVO. People were obviously bored and it was a bad representation of the game.

BTW.....Baraka/Kabal- 4-6.

the only true reason that im not maining kabal YET is because i think im the only top player stopping everyone else from using him because they see i can win without him.i dont think ill ever drop jax but i am playing kabal now a lot and he is going to be my main soon i wont play smoke anymore too im just going to focus on kabal and jax now until the game get patched or until another mk game comes out.
How the hell are you going to manage to do those insande NDC's on Stick! It seems unnatural to me.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
All this shows is that NRS should probably take a very critical look at the balance for next game so we can avoid this before release...
I don't think it's about taking a look before release. There are 2 lessons here:

1) Balance is an ongoing thing

Tech and tactics constantly evolve and will be discovered weeks and months after a game's release. And furthermore, when you make a patch to correct other issues, it will have side effects. Nerfing some aspects of one character, may make another character more dominant.

So real balancing isn't an issue of "patch it and forget it".. It requires an ongoing commitment to monitoring tactics and making small adjustments.

However:

2) Games are balanced in part for the *majority* of people that play the game. Not only for the top 0.5%. It makes little sense for a game company to balance a game completely for the absolute smallest percentage of people that play it. A lot of players tend to forget that this is a multi-million seller.. And that the problems of millions of people playing casually or online, are very different from the problems of the top 10-15 players in the country.

If millions of kabals were dominating the MK scene as a whole, it'd be changed. But right now there is 1 Kabal winning majors. And he isn't winning them consistently as long as a certain Jax player is present. So be realistic.

- and really -

3) Other issues may still be addressed at some point.. Clearly MK Vita was a priority and took precedence over smaller adjustments for the time being. So jumping to conclusions isn't wise.

SMH this is turning into a Kabal hate thread.. MAAAAAAN why so many.. Fucking shut up already. Everyone's characters are viable.. Might be an 8-2 but it's still viable.

I don't play Kabal to win. I play him because he's my favorite character, It just depends. I'm not a hardcore competitive player so I understand where everyone is coming from, of course. For example I would do a Kabal/Stryker duo if he had his backwards hat.. lol

Maybe Sheeva next game will be top tier? Top 8 full of Sheevas?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
the only true reason that im not maining kabal YET is because i think im the only top player stopping everyone else from using him because they see i can win without him.
huehuehue, then that's the communities problem for not believing in anyone else
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Let's be honest here, no game can withstand being dominated by 1 to 2 of the best character(s) in the current generation. 3rd Strike is the only game that's managed that. Why? The fucking parry mechanic. Ken and Chun Li dominated that game, nobody can dispute that, BUT I fucking love every minute of watching 3rd Strike because the parry mechanic is UNIVERSAL.THIS WAS A FUCKING GOOD GAME. MK9 IS NOT.

How cool would it be to have only Kabal players bothering to watch top 8's? Because that's pretty much the only people who would care.
I don't understand how people don't get excited when they see Kabal. When I pull off a bunch of crazy pressure, and am doing real well I feel accomplished with that character because I know it's frustrating to get an input bug with this bullshit. I think some more players would care, others not.. I'm just saying it would be an exciting sight for a one time and only.. Not going to happen though.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Let's be honest here, no game can withstand being dominated by 1 to 2 of the best character(s) in the current generation. 3rd Strike is the only game that's managed that. Why? The fucking parry mechanic. Ken and Chun Li dominated that game, nobody can dispute that, BUT I fucking love every minute of watching 3rd Strike because the parry mechanic is UNIVERSAL.THIS WAS A FUCKING GOOD GAME. MK9 IS NOT.

Alright, I've got to reply. You bash on MK consistently. If you dislike it so much, why do you even come here or post like you do? Everything you say is negative. It makes no sense I tell you!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
THIS WAS A FUCKING GOOD GAME. MK9 IS NOT.
Lol @ saying that this not a good game, because tactics that were hardly used until the last few months, have helped 1 player, who was already top3, win 1 or 2 tournaments. Good grief.

It's people like you with 0 respect for game developers that'd convince NRS to do other projects and avoid MK10.. If they cared about what a few sour grapes had to say about a hugely popular game.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

True. The parry system in 3rd Strike is an awesome universal mechanic. Brings so much hype.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Yes, I have so much to lose. It's not like I was considered top 3 in the nation and was placing top 3 at every major before I used or picked up Kabal. God, I hope Kabal doesn't get banned, or I'll never make a top 8 on God's green Earth again.
You don't get what I'm saying man. A samurai is a very dangerous individual without his samurai sword. A samurai is more dangerous with his samurai sword than without it. Get it now?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Kabal gets banned, so what?
Play to win kabals will just go to the next best character and everyone will complain about that one.

I'll challenge anyone that doesn't go to tournaments and hates kabal in a money match at ECT4
me......na am playin i use kabal too :)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I don't think it's about taking a look before release. There are 2 lessons here:

1) Balance is an ongoing thing

Tech and tactics constantly evolve and will be discovered weeks and months after a game's release. And furthermore, when you make a patch to correct other issues, it will have side effects. Nerfing some aspects of one character, may make another character more dominant.

So real balancing isn't an issue of "patch it and forget it".. It requires an ongoing commitment to monitoring tactics and making small adjustments.

However:

2) Games are balanced in part for the *majority* of people that play the game. Not only for the top 0.5%. It makes little sense for a game company to balance a game completely for the absolute smallest percentage of people that play it. A lot of players tend to forget that this is a multi-million seller.. And that the problems of millions of people playing casually or online, are very different from the problems of the top 10-15 players in the country.

If millions of kabals were dominating the MK scene as a whole, it'd be changed. But right now there is 1 Kabal winning majors. And he isn't winning them consistently as long as a certain Jax player is present. So be realistic.

- and really -

3) Other issues may still be addressed at some point.. Clearly MK Vita was a priority and took precedence over smaller adjustments for the time being. So jumping to conclusions isn't wise.
1) If developers look more critically at game balance BEFORE release, they'll be less need to patch, less need to buff/nerf, and less need to worry about after effects of those said patches, logically speaking. I agree they should monitor the game even after release but pre-release means they have less to worry about once the game is out.

2) If it's a competitive fighting game, it's supposed to be balanced based on competitive play, not just on casual play. I don't think that's an illogical conclusion.

I also don't see how my post in any way shape or form implies that they should "patch and forget" without monitoring the game.

3) jumping to what conclusions? All I said was they should look more closely at balance prior to release(which they should).

Nobody can deny and having top 8 dominated by one character (regardless of if it is Kabal or any other character) would be bad for this game. Those individuals voicing their opinions are trying to keep that from happening. Let's dismiss them though because they only watch the stream and play online. They don't count and they should leave the community.