What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I personally don't have a problem with whom the player chooses to play as, but I do have a problem with Kabal being S+ tier in MK9. One S+ character in any game is a problem. If Jade was S+ tier I would happy though :)

B Pryme

Noob
Anyone that hates on kabal players needs to try to use kabal, exactly.... People need to stop bitching just because mk9 has ONE ridiculously technical character in the game, and he's the best surprise surprise. If you hate seeing kabal so much, either pick him up or learn to beat him end of story/enough kabal bashing.

REO

Undead
Anyone that hates on kabal players needs to try to use kabal, exactly.... People need to stop bitching just because mk9 has ONE ridiculously technical character in the game, and he's the best surprise surprise. If you hate seeing kabal so much, either pick him up or learn to beat him end of story/enough kabal bashing.
Skarlet is actually way harder to use than Kabal. But this is not the point. People are complaining about HIGH LEVEL matches when they insist to constantly watch tournaments and the such. You'd think if they can't stand Kabal, they'd go watch other low level streams that are not at the highest level.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I dont know what you guys are all talking about. Kabal is fun to watch. Maybe not so fun to play against but i guess it will be equally annoying for both players if they both play Kabal right?

Tolkeen

/wrists
I think this is ridiculous. You have community players bashing top players like CD jr demanding that he not main Kabal and continue to use mid tiers like Jax so that it lowers his chance to win. You guys just want CD jr to use Jax and other mid tier character for your own entertainment on stream. You don't care about his tournament resume, the characters he has to fight against, and the potential success he can achieve by truly playing to win. Please top blaming and attacking the players already, be knowledgable about it and blame the game if you truly insist.

I never seen such greed and hostility like this in my entire MK career. Why is it someone's fault or an act against god if someone wants to play to win at the highest level? More importantly, why are you watching tournament HIGH LEVEL matches if you know it will most likely come down to Kabal vs Kabal? Something you obviously dislike. I will never understand this train of thought some have. The way they try and force their views on others is just mind-boggling.

Fans? More like haters. Continue what you do Jr, and ignore about losing all of these "fans" or "respect" for people who don't know any better. Play to win. Welcome to the defenders of Earthrealm, my friend.
I think everyone should use whoever they want to use, for whatever their reasons are, but I understand why people want him to use jax. Cleveland didn't want Lebron to leave, but he did, and they hated him for it, but they got over it. Everyone is entitled to do what they want, I think Jr should play kabal if that's what he wants, the haters will get over it.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
REO, if it starts coming down to Kabal vs Kabal at every tourney, and half of top 8 is always kabal (or worse), he will eventually become banned.

You shouldn't want people to pick up Kabal, because if its just you dominating with him, he won't be banned and you can continue to maintain your competitive advantage. However, if it becomes a Kabal fest, he will be banned, and your time invested in him and your skill with him will be meaningless. So if I were you I'd be saying GO JAX

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So you'll be happy if CDjr mains Kabal and beats you in every upcoming tourney?
and why do people seem to forget that with his "mid tier" Jax, he's won a bunch of tourneys that you were in?

I'm not influencing jack shit, if he or any top player wants to main Kabal then let them, but keep in mind it might make our game look even more bad than it does now with less character variety

B Pryme

Noob
Skarlet is actually way harder to use than Kabal. But this is not the point. People are complaining about HIGH LEVEL matches when they insist to constantly watch tournaments and the such. You'd think if they can't stand Kabal, they'd go watch other low level streams that are not at the highest level.
This may sound stupid but I disagree. I've tried both and what you do with kabal is just downright nasty, my brain literally cant function that fast lol. Skarlett is very execution tough as well, but I think kabal is harder. Lol, the kids complaining are the ones pissed because their shitty "ermacs" or whatever aren't cutting it lolol.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i love how people talk about chars that they dont use themselves...

"oh kabal is easy braindead mode,just spam fireballs"
"sonya ex cartwheel, what i am to do with that op shit"
"cyrax, hes so easy to win with, just do resets"
"baraka is a fish"

people need to shut the hell up talking about stuff they know nothing about

REO

Undead
REO, if it starts coming down to Kabal vs Kabal at every tourney, and half of top 8 is always kabal (or worse), he will eventually become banned.

You shouldn't want people to pick up Kabal, because if its just you dominating with him, he won't be banned and you can continue to maintain your competitive advantage. However, if it becomes a Kabal fest, he will be banned, and your time invested in him and your skill with him will be meaningless. So if I were you I'd be saying GO JAX
False.

UMK:3 has been dominated by Kabal for over 20 years in tournaments. Yet, he was never banned. We do things the MK way, we don't always mimic other fighters. If people don't like it, then find another game to play. Or better yet, stop playing this particular game at the highest level if you can't stand it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
CD Jr playing Kabal is a terrifying thought.

That being said, the top have to do what the top have to do to win.
This IS Mortal Kombat. Survival of the fittest and so forth.
Even if that means the collective population will one day resemble a respiratoraly-enhanced 10-piece from KFC.

Kaball on, Kaballers.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
False.

UMK:3 has been dominated by Kabal for over 20 years in tournaments. Yet, he was never banned. We do things the MK way, we don't always mimic other fighters. If people don't like it, then find another game to play. Or better yet, stop playing this particular game at the highest level if you can't stand it.
I'm not saying its 100% he will be banned, I'm just saying that its possible, and imo likely if things get really monotonous. You thinking its 100% not possible he will be banned is naive; times change, scenes change. Even if its not likely he will be banned, doesn't mean its impossible.

Also, you have far more to lose from Kabal being banned than ANYONE out there, so it behooves you to err on the side of caution imo. Go Jax, bro.

I think it's pretty sad. Who cares? It's a game, people can play and do what ever they want with their time.

Maybe NRS should design a better game next time or release a patch. Do you all take minimum wage jobs over salary jobs too?

Like is your life that shitty that you care so much about who plays what or what other choose to do? Reality check, you need something better to do.

I agree with REO.

If top 8 is nothing but kabals every tourney and nobody wants to watch, the game's popularity will go down and so will tournament turnouts and so will support from MLG etc etc.

In order to be a real success, you will need hundreds of players competing and thousands of players watching. Don't alienate your audience.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I think this is ridiculous. You have community players bashing top players like CD jr demanding that he not main Kabal and continue to use mid tiers like Jax so that it lowers his chance to win. You guys just want CD jr to use Jax and other mid tier character for your own entertainment on stream. You don't care about his tournament resume, the characters he has to fight against, and the potential success he can achieve by truly playing to win. Please top blaming and attacking the players already, be knowledgable about it and blame the game if you truly insist.

I never seen such greed and hostility like this in my entire MK career. Why is it someone's fault or an act against god if someone wants to play to win at the highest level? More importantly, why are you watching tournament HIGH LEVEL matches if you know it will most likely come down to Kabal vs Kabal? Something you obviously dislike. I will never understand this train of thought some have. The way they try and force their views on others is just mind-boggling.

Fans? More like haters. Continue what you do Jr, and ignore about losing all of these "fans" or "respect" for people who don't know any better. Play to win. Welcome to the defenders of Earthrealm, my friend.
This.
Funny how most of these haters don't even play the game offline/competitively
This too.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If top 8 is nothing but kabals every tourney and nobody wants to watch, the game's popularity will go down and so will tournament turnouts and so will support from MLG etc etc.

In order to be a real success, you will need hundreds of players competing and thousands of players watching. Don't alienate your audience.
This is supposed to concern the developers more than the players.

REO

Undead
I'm not saying its 100% he will be banned, I'm just saying that its possible, and imo likely if things get really monotonous. You thinking its 100% not possible he will be banned is naive; times change, scenes change. Even if its not likely he will be banned, doesn't mean its impossible.
Here's the main difference between the MK community and other communities where characters are banned;

The top players in the MK community aren't full of a bunch of cry babies.

I doubt it will ever happen for this community.

Also, you have far more to lose from Kabal being banned than ANYONE out there, so it behooves you to err on the side of caution imo. Go Jax, bro.
Yes, I have so much to lose. It's not like I was considered top 3 in the nation and was placing top 3 at every major before I used or picked up Kabal. God, I hope Kabal doesn't get banned, or I'll never make a top 8 on God's green Earth again.

CD jr

Noob
the only true reason that im not maining kabal YET is because i think im the only top player stopping everyone else from using him because they see i can win without him.i dont think ill ever drop jax but i am playing kabal now a lot and he is going to be my main soon i wont play smoke anymore too im just going to focus on kabal and jax now until the game get patched or until another mk game comes out.