What's new

Question - Grandmaster The official Grandmaster bawling thread.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
really guys,i cannot reply to all of you.because you don't get my point,i am sorry!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
i don't get you,what do you mean 'in here'?

Besides the fact that you bought the game yesterday,and you don't know what you are saying,besides the fact that everything you say about kung jin made it up yourself,when did kung jin mains asked for buffs?
okay ill bite--

first i never say KJ players were askig for buffs...

next-
1.You have an almost half screen overhead that I have seen no one to punish it. ive seen it baited and punished.
Subzeros b2 can be punished @ -13 plus it can be baited also.. this is fact
2.You have insane damage potential when the opponent is cornered. jax says hello - high corner damage is norm
subzero is not the only person who an get high corner damage.. this is pretty much normal for the cast
3.You can do with the clone whatever you want,throw it,smash it! youre KJ, more arrows, less yolo dive kicks
youre KJ, he has a pretty quick projectile to shatter the clone. use the tools you have
4.You have the best cross up and jump in punch in the game. kotal says hello - AAs just all around suck in this game
Kotal also and a few other people have pretty good jip/jiks in this game not only sub and anti AAs are not that good or respected.
5.You kill the opponent's footsies when the clone is active. sonyas drone says hello - thats the point
sonya drone, sub clone, pred disks and traps, these are moves meant to restrict your movement to alter your playstyle/advantage. thats the point
6.You have 8-2 match ups - please name these.
please name these
7.Whatever is punishable can be cancelled into clone. low hat , kunai, gun shots, low fireball and many others says hello
@I GOT HANDS already went over this but there are other moves in this game that do what you say better than your own example

but wait- doesnt KJ have
one of the few good AAs in the game - and its just standing 1 and pretty easy to confirm from?
KJ standing 1 is a pretty good AA tool in a game that doesnt have many. Just watch Slayer - hes pretty damn good at AA with standing 1 and converting it in to decent damage
one of the best NJPs in the game -
Kj has a pretty good NJP. that is not deniable.
a pretty quick projectile
arrows and disk are pretty quick and if used wisely can def help vs clone.
a dive kick - that auto corrects
dive kick auto directs in the air mid cross up.. on purpose or even by mistake.
8-2 match ups
jason - but then again every one 8-2's jason
pretty good armor breaking moves for wake up attempts.
that forward flip kick- forward heel kick and even 11 at times . - (sorry i dont know actually names)

but whatever - think what you want about sub. im Shirai Ryu anyway

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
okay ill bite--

first i never say KJ players were askig for buffs...

next-
1.You have an almost half screen overhead that I have seen no one to punish it. ive seen it baited and punished.
Subzeros b2 can be punished @ -13 plus it can be baited also.. this is fact
2.You have insane damage potential when the opponent is cornered. jax says hello - high corner damage is norm
subzero is not the only person who an get high corner damage.. this is pretty much normal for the cast
3.You can do with the clone whatever you want,throw it,smash it! youre KJ, more arrows, less yolo dive kicks
youre KJ, he has a pretty quick projectile to shatter the clone. use the tools you have
4.You have the best cross up and jump in punch in the game. kotal says hello - AAs just all around suck in this game
Kotal also and a few other people have pretty good jip/jiks in this game not only sub and anti AAs are not that good or respected.
5.You kill the opponent's footsies when the clone is active. sonyas drone says hello - thats the point
sonya drone, sub clone, pred disks and traps, these are moves meant to restrict your movement to alter your playstyle/advantage. thats the point
6.You have 8-2 match ups - please name these.
please name these
7.Whatever is punishable can be cancelled into clone. low hat , kunai, gun shots, low fireball and many others says hello
@I GOT HANDS already went over this but there are other moves in this game that do what you say better than your own example

but wait- doesnt KJ have
one of the few good AAs in the game - and its just standing 1 and pretty easy to confirm from?
KJ standing 1 is a pretty good AA tool in a game that doesnt have many. Just watch Slayer - hes pretty damn good at AA with standing 1 and converting it in to decent damage
one of the best NJPs in the game -
Kj has a pretty good NJP. that is not deniable.
a pretty quick projectile
arrows and disk are pretty quick and if used wisely can def help vs clone.
a dive kick - that auto corrects
dive kick auto directs in the air mid cross up.. on purpose or even by mistake.
8-2 match ups
jason - but then again every one 8-2's jason
pretty good armor breaking moves for wake up attempts.
that forward flip kick- forward heel kick and even 11 at times . - (sorry i dont know actually names)

seems to me like this could be a even match up if anything.

but whatever - think what you want about sub. im Shirai Ryu anyway
Next time, lead with this...

Come at me, bro!

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
@stamatis , when you read this, know that it's not helping you as much as you could help yourself. Players who can't lab out information before being so bothered, to the point where a thread is started... They'll have a difficult time succeeding here. Anyway, I hope this extinguishes the hate fire you have for Sub. An excerpt from the guide I mentioned is below.

-Kung Jin- Recommend Bojutsu

Kung Jin's blocking hurt box makes breaking clone with run up + block relatively simple. To do this, run at clone. When close, continue holding forward tapping block.

Clone punishes: Any clone cancel can be punished with normal bo swing or MB Bo Swing for ~32%. Any raw clone attempt mid screen or further should be met with (premptive) Straight Shots to destroy clone and earn Kung Jin 4 full seconds of clone cool down time in order to approach. Adjust accordingly as the match progresses (bait after clone actions like slides, mb ice blast, etc.).

Low Cancel Advantage Clone:
  • f33 xx clone - Punished with ji1 (ji1, 111 xx bf4, jd4, b21 xx db3 ~33%)
  • 123 xx clone - Punished with ji1 (see above).
Moderate Cancel Advantage Clone:
  • d4 xx clone - Punished with ji1 (see above).
  • 12 xx clone - Punished with b14 (b14 xx db3 ~ 21%).
  • b33 xx clone - Punished with b1 (b1 xx db3 ~ 19%).
  • 24 xx clone - Punished with b14 (see above).
  • b12 xx clone - Punished with b2 (see above).
  • f42 xx clone - Punished with b1 (see above).
High Cancel advantage Clone:
  • f4 xx clone (safe) - No punish, but able to begin pressure with ji1.

B2 punishes: With b2 -13 on block, Kung Jin has a few punish options. I found stand 3 (9f) to be most consistent. Max range b2 is unpunishable, begin pressure instead (side note, Kung Jin's OH f2 has much more range than Sub Zero.
  • b2 - Punished with 34 (34 xx bf4, jik xx jd4, b21 xx db3 ~32%
MB Frost Bomb punishes: Similar to b2 punish, timing being strict. Stand 1 and stand 3 possible (see above).

Clone Option Punishes: Clone shatter and clone toss both leave SZ slightly above neutral when blocked. Shatters you typically have to block, but clone toss (Sub Zeros best way to approach) can be low profiled and punished. Bait this by taking back steps away from clone, run in, crouch block under the toss. Go about this the same way you would run block a clone in neutral, only crouching.

• Clone toss - Punished with (low profile) s34 (see above).

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
@stamatis , when you read this, know that it's not helping you as much as you could help yourself. Players who can't lab out information before being so bothered, to the point where a thread is started... They'll have a difficult time succeeding here. Anyway, I hope this extinguishes the hate fire you have for Sub. An excerpt from the guide I mentioned is below.

-Kung Jin- Recommend Bojutsu

Kung Jin's blocking hurt box makes breaking clone with run up + block relatively simple. To do this, run at clone. When close, continue holding forward tapping block.

Clone punishes: Any clone cancel can be punished with normal bo swing or MB Bo Swing for ~32%. Any raw clone attempt mid screen or further should be met with (premptive) Straight Shots to destroy clone and earn Kung Jin 4 full seconds of clone cool down time in order to approach. Adjust accordingly as the match progresses (bait after clone actions like slides, mb ice blast, etc.).

Low Cancel Advantage Clone:
  • f33 xx clone - Punished with ji1 (ji1, 111 xx bf4, jd4, b21 xx db3 ~33%)
  • 123 xx clone - Punished with ji1 (see above).
Moderate Cancel Advantage Clone:
  • d4 xx clone - Punished with ji1 (see above).
  • 12 xx clone - Punished with b14 (b14 xx db3 ~ 21%).
  • b33 xx clone - Punished with b1 (b1 xx db3 ~ 19%).
  • 24 xx clone - Punished with b14 (see above).
  • b12 xx clone - Punished with b2 (see above).
  • f42 xx clone - Punished with b1 (see above).
High Cancel advantage Clone:
  • f4 xx clone (safe) - No punish, but able to begin pressure with ji1.

B2 punishes: With b2 -13 on block, Kung Jin has a few punish options. I found stand 3 (9f) to be most consistent. Max range b2 is unpunishable, begin pressure instead (side note, Kung Jin's OH f2 has much more range than Sub Zero.
  • b2 - Punished with 34 (34 xx bf4, jik xx jd4, b21 xx db3 ~32%
MB Frost Bomb punishes: Similar to b2 punish, timing being strict. Stand 1 and stand 3 possible (see above).

Clone Option Punishes: Clone shatter and clone toss both leave SZ slightly above neutral when blocked. Shatters you typically have to block, but clone toss (Sub Zeros best way to approach) can be low profiled and punished. Bait this by taking back steps away from clone, run in, crouch block under the toss. Go about this the same way you would run block a clone in neutral, only crouching.

• Clone toss - Punished with (low profile) s34 (see above).

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Yes, the truth, except MB Frost bomb punish lol, that shit never happened and never will happen.
Source: 99% of all the pro high level footage on this site in majors minors and casuals

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
First of all kung jin's neutral jump p is - 15,(if you can't punish it idk what to tell you),and second how smart does someone has to be to understand that I don't have a problem with sub,but with the people that want him to get buffed.
Blows people up for not punishing a -15 normal. Says it's hard to punish a -13 normal with barely the same range.

Last edited:

RM Truth

Also, most characters can punish any string cancelled into clone except F4.

RM Truth

Yes, the truth, except MB Frost bomb punish lol, that shit never happened and never will happen.
Source: 99% of all the pro high level footage on this site in majors minors and casuals
I've seen PPJ punish it with Reptile Dash. There was a time where I thought the frame data was actually wrong, but is possible. Just pretty hard.