What's new

Question - Grandmaster The official Grandmaster bawling thread.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
There is a difference between opinion and being misinformed and proceeding to spread that misinformation which is what happening in the OP. Sub-Zero is fine as he is and people need to learn the matchup and quit bitching about him(Unless you're non War God-Kotal since those other 2 are royally fucked). Simple as that.
Thats literally the topic of the op you're contradicting yourself.
He's telling people to stop bitching about subzero because of a b and c.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Thats literally the topic of the op you're contradicting yourself.
He's telling people to stop bitching about subzero because of a b and c.
The responses made me think he was complaining because I seriously couldn't tell if he was or was not. Regardless, there is still misinformation in there.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I hate it when kung jin does random ex bo spin into dive kick into 10000% damage and getting hit by a njp half way across the screen, but I don't make threads about it. This kind of mindless bitching ruins good/fair characters for no reason. If you can't anti-air with kung jin idk what to tell you.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
It's completely unnecessary to insult someones intelligence ( even though it can be fun and its lots of laughs) because they have a differing opinion. People complain about this forum becoming toxic while simultaneously contributing to it.

On that note
I think op has entirely missed the point, as it seems the subzero community is mad with game error/glitches/hitboxes not character viability.
Yeah, that's the kind of respect I show to people who don't title their threads "To the people bawling about Grandmaster", proceed to say how annoying Grandmaster mains are, post a bunch of really bad supporting logic, and conclude it with the statement "which part of this does not compute with you?" and spell it wrong. This guy started off toxic as hell. Don't defend him.

That's actually pretty good

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
When you say anti-sub zero thread what do you mean?are you gonna lower his corner damage?will you make his jump attacks weaker?what exactly do you mean?
I mean that I'm going to make a thread that outlines strategies to beat Grandmaster clone and all its options with universal tactics and talk about typical character archetypes (zoning, pressure, teleport, etc.).

Recognizing unsafe strings into clone is going to be the foundation of the thread. Since it's become a theme that players can't seem to lab around clone, I'll make a bank of knowledge to protect our character so it's no longer going to be a question of "if clone is broken," but instead "if you know the MU or not."

The motives are selfish for the most part. I think the SZ community will learn more about the character they main than anyone reading up to beat him.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Yeah, that's the kind of respect I show to people who don't title their threads "To the people bawling about Grandmaster", proceed to say how annoying Grandmaster mains are, post a bunch of really bad supporting logic, and conclude it with the statement "which part of this does not compute with you?" and spell it wrong. This guy started off toxic as hell. Don't defend him.
an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind and low teir like kenshi

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........

That's actually pretty good
The person who created this thread(me),does not care about what you think,or the way you show respect to others,so don't bother to reply again,and if you don't like the thread GTFO!

stamatis

I hate it when kung jin does random ex bo spin into dive kick into 10000% damage and getting hit by a njp half way across the screen, but I don't make threads about it. This kind of mindless bitching ruins good/fair characters for no reason. If you can't anti-air with kung jin idk what to tell you.
First of all kung jin's neutral jump p is - 15,(if you can't punish it idk what to tell you),and second how smart does someone has to be to understand that I don't have a problem with sub,but with the people that want him to get buffed.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Don't know if your new to TYM or what. I won't hate on you. But I will say making a thread like this will draw bad attention. Thats how it is here. Good on ya M8.

I GOT HANDS

an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind and low teir like kenshi
Low tier like Quan Chi*

You are probably right, this thread annoyed me however and it's not like an of the mods are ever goin to delete this flaming/flame baiting thread so meh, light trolling, calling it as it is.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
First of all kung jin's neutral jump p is - 15,(if you can't punish it idk what to tell you),and second how smart does someone has to be to understand that I don't have a problem with sub,but with the people that want him to get buffed.
At max range I'll get a slide. Yippie. I think we will just have to agree to disagree, it's just that sub zero has his share of weaknesses and kung jin is one of the characters that can take advantage of them.
Edit: just ignore the people asking for crazy buffs, we are just upset about ex clone not working whatsoever, and having to use totally different combos because our opponents might be female. It is totally reasonable to ask for all of our characters moveset to work properly.

Last edited:

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
The thing is why?why most granmaster mains want buffs,every day every weak there is a thread for buffing him,as about the jump in,you are wrong,I can anti air everyone with kung jin except sub!
Lmao as if we make a thread every week for buffs. Sub zero doesn't need any buffs. The one thing he needs is that his combos stop being so gender specific. Other than that he's perfectly fine. You need to delete this thread. I thought people crying over sub zero was over.

On that note, I'm gonna make a thread on some buffs he needs. Brb

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
1.You have an almost half screen overhead that I have seen no one to punish it. ive seen it baited and punished.
2.You have insane damage potential when the opponent is cornered. jax says hello - high corner damage is norm
3.You can do with the clone whatever you want,throw it,smash it! youre KJ, more arrows, less yolo dive kicks
4.You have the best cross up and jump in punch in the game. kotal says hello - AAs just all around suck in this game
5.You kill the opponent's footsies when the clone is active. sonyas drone says hello - thats the point
6.You have 8-2 match ups - please name these.
7.Whatever is punishable can be cancelled into clone. low hat , kunai, gun shots, low fireball and many others says hello

but wait- doesnt KJ have

one of the few good AAs in the game - and s its just standing 1 and pretty easy to confirm from?
one of the best NJPs in the game-
a pretty quick projectial ?
a dive kick - that auto corrects
8-2 match ups
pretty good armor breaking moves for wake up attempts.

seems to me like this could be a even match up if anything.

just saying

I GOT HANDS

7.Whatever is punishable can be cancelled into clone.
This one specifically makes my head hurt. We actually have NOTHING punishable that can be cancelled into Clone except for B33, which is only -8, and this is a guy who calls B2 at -13 unpunishability.

Cancelling into Clone actually makes things MORE punishable.

Everything that is actually punishable like Slide or any of our specials, or any of our strings like 242, or any of the normals like B2, absolutely none are special cancellable. So I'm actually clueless what this statement means.

Actually, scratch that, I know what it means - OP is a scrub :REO

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@stamatis you dun fucked up son... the SZ mains have been lobbying for FIXES, as far as the GM variation is concerned, for a long time now, and we will continue to do so, despite the ignorance that you and many others display when this matter comes in focus.
ANY AND ALL players that need help with the SZ matchup will receive plenty of assistance to level up from the people in the SZ forums, as long as they have the common sense to ask politely.
As for the dumbasses that label all SZ players as downplayers and buffwhores... well then just GET HIT BY MY UNPUNISHABLE B2 BITCHEZ :DOGE

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I like this thread.

Btw you forgot to mention the -10 safe godlike armor launcher because of pushback that will absolutely destroy you after you work the entire match to get past his clone.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I like this thread.

Btw you forgot to mention the -10 safe godlike armor launcher because of pushback that will absolutely destroy you after you work the entire match to get past his clone.
MD you know why I enjoy your posts?
Because you've taken asshattery to a new level.
#ProMLG360NoScopeAssHat

stamatis

Don't know if your new to TYM or what. I won't hate on you. But I will say making a thread like this will draw bad attention. Thats how it is here. Good on ya M8.
i don't get you,what do you mean 'in here'?
1.You have an almost half screen overhead that I have seen no one to punish it. ive seen it baited and punished.
2.You have insane damage potential when the opponent is cornered. jax says hello - high corner damage is norm
3.You can do with the clone whatever you want,throw it,smash it! youre KJ, more arrows, less yolo dive kicks
4.You have the best cross up and jump in punch in the game. kotal says hello - AAs just all around suck in this game
5.You kill the opponent's footsies when the clone is active. sonyas drone says hello - thats the point
6.You have 8-2 match ups - please name these.
7.Whatever is punishable can be cancelled into clone. low hat , kunai, gun shots, low fireball and many others says hello

but wait- doesnt KJ have

one of the few good AAs in the game - and s its just standing 1 and pretty easy to confirm from?
one of the best NJPs in the game-
a pretty quick projectial ?
a dive kick - that auto corrects
8-2 match ups
pretty good armor breaking moves for wake up attempts.

seems to me like this could be a even match up if anything.

just saying
Besides the fact that you bought the game yesterday,and you don't know what you are saying,besides the fact that everything you say about kung jin made it up yourself,when did kung jin mains asked for buffs?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@aieches i know you want to get your mkx game case that you bought DAY 1 and smack the scrub over the head with it but think about it... what would Jesus do?
The answer is... smack the scrub over the head with the game case cuz NOT EVEN Jesus has the patience to deal with this guy.