What's new

The Official & Final Evo 2016 Brackets

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
People please realize, Names are just names until your actually traveled and proved yourself at offline events. Take my own teammate for example, Milky.

Milkys last tournament was summer jam I believe. (Whatever was right after EVO.) Ever since then his hand has been hurting him and hasn't been able to travel. Yes he got Top 8 at EVO last year, but in THIS tournament season he hasn't done anything. I wish him the best and hope he bodies everyone.

#NoxiousBoyz

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
People please realize, Names are just names until your actually traveled and proved yourself at offline events. Take my own teammate for example, Milky.

Milkys last tournament was summer jam I believe. (Whatever was right after EVO.) Ever since then his hand has been hurting him and hasn't been able to travel. Yes he got Top 8 at EVO last year, but in THIS tournament season he hasn't done anything. I wish him the best and hope he bodies everyone.

#NoxiousBoyz
was this to justify seeding or something?

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Yeah I think Tekken Master is going to leave a dent for sure
People DEFINITELY shouldn't under estimate Tekken Master.
MKX at Evo is going to be so Hype, i can't wait to see Tekken Master compete this year .. lately we have been playing 200-300 matches a day and analyzing each potential match-ups that he might face.

Team EU + Tekken Master FTW

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
#PRAYFOR

cR_WHITEBOI
PIG OF THE HUT
Killer_Xinok
Offidyan
CrimiZon_ET
PND KETCHUP
Cossner
RISO-NO-TOMATO
OGTY
TECH AOKI
TOM_BRADY
KATSUKAI
MILKY SITUATION
PND MUSTARD
HEARTIA

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
People please realize, Names are just names until your actually traveled and proved yourself at offline events.
This is ass backwards. Because you've proven yourself through tournament results you should get preferential treatment that undoubtedly makes it easier for you to climb out of pools? The first part of your statement is true. Names are just names. People advocating (mostly self serving from the comments I've been seeing) for bracket reseeding are hardly better than those pro smash players saying they shouldn't have to attend pools.

People get fucked by the bracket RNG every tournament, just apparently it's not okay for bigger names to get fucked. No one wants to be in a pool with Scar or Sonicfox or Foxy but if your best strategy is to bitch about it on twitter to hopefully get reshuffled rather than grind your MUs that much harder then you're not playing to win.

No one is owed a spot out of pools. Period.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This is ass backwards. Because you've proven yourself through tournament results you should get preferential treatment that undoubtedly makes it easier for you to climb out of pools? The first part of your statement is true. Names are just names. People advocating (mostly self serving from the comments I've been seeing) for bracket reseeding are hardly better than those pro smash players saying they shouldn't have to attend pools.

People get fucked by the bracket RNG every tournament, just apparently it's not okay for bigger names to get fucked. No one wants to be in a pool with Scar or Sonicfox or Foxy but if your best strategy is to bitch about it on twitter to hopefully get reshuffled rather than grind your MUs that much harder then you're not playing to win.

No one is owed a spot out of pools. Period.
What part of what I said is ass backwards? If you have traveled and done well in offline events(ie SonicFoxx) you should get an easy pool. Sonic has earned that without question.

But again, like I stated before a player like EVB Milky Situation who unfortunately hasn't been able to travel and compete as much as he would want to should not get an easy pool even though he made Top 8 at EVO last year.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I think he got 17th or something like that at Summer Jam or NEC 2015 and has not been to one since. Therefore should not get an easy pool. Milky is a good friend of mine and I hope he does well at EVO again this year. Same with Michelangelo (who has also been quite at offline events), I see them being in the same pool fine.

Same goes with MIT and Dragon. (Who are in the same pool)

Again both Top level players, both have earned that title. But due to MITs absence from the scene due to school and work, he shouldn't get a free pool.

That is my opinion, I do not run EVO pools and have 0 say, to me this is how it should be done.

If I was to run EVO MKXL Pools / Seeding my question would be, "What have you done this tournament season?"

The 1 question I have is how long can you expect to be seeded without going to offline events?

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
What part of what I said is ass backwards? If you have traveled and done well in offline events(ie SonicFoxx) you should get an easy pool. Sonic has earned that without question.
Because the people who do well at tournaments are least likely to need help with climbing out of pools. That's what's ass backwards about it. People earn spots by fighting out of their pool, not booking a hotel room. What is the point of pools if you're just going to set it up so the same names have the best chance of proceeding? Again this is no better than people like Hbox and Leffen asking to not have to do pools because they think themselves better than the peons.