What's new

Question The Official Deathstroke Forums Normalization Thread (suggestions)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Zods trait doesnt give you an unblockable string
The advantage in said string is kind of hard to find. Anything you can set up with unblockable gunshots can be more easily done with a setup into one of DS's multitude of 50/50s - and remember that the unblockable gunshot setups are themselves not guaranteed damage. If it were possible to do a setup into an inescapable follow-up, this point would be more valid, but as it is you're telegraphing what you're attempting and getting questionable reward out of it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Zods trait doesnt give you an unblockable string
Deathstroke's trait has three full seconds of start up, which makes it practically useless in 90% of all match ups.

Only in this ignorant forum would someone argue that Deathstroke's trait is superior to Zod's.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Should we make new threads?
im trying to see what i can do without doing that. It might be easier to have you make a new thread so you have first post and just merge it. If you can please start a new one right now so that i may test it. If it doesn't work ill delete it.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
The advantage in said string is kind of hard to find. Anything you can set up with unblockable gunshots can be more easily done with a setup into one of DS's multitude of 50/50s - and remember that the unblockable gunshot setups are themselves not guaranteed damage. If it were possible to do a setup into an inescapable follow-up, this point would be more valid, but as it is you're telegraphing what you're attempting and getting questionable reward out of it.
D2xxtrait leaves you perfectly safe with trait on. I dont play the character and its not my tech to give out so Im done talking about it further.

Deathstroke's trait has three full seconds of start up, which makes it practically useless in 90% of all match ups.

Only in this ignorant forum would someone argue that Deathstroke's trait is superior to Zod's.
I never said it was superior to zods, I just said that nobody is using the trait correctly. You are just the biggest downplayer known to man, you know that right? Why are you even in the DS forums if you've "given up" on the character?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
like i said i abuse the trait, it doesn't have to be in combos. You guys really have to utilize the conditioning you create when zoning your opponent. If you make them respect your projectiles, you've won. I sometimes activate it instantly after hitting them with an anti air IAG from across screen. And i very rarely sacrifice anything for it depending on the matchup.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
lol my sparring partner mains DS, and uses his trait whenever he gets the chance. He uses the trait to rushdown. Its like you guys dont know that any string with a gunshot in it becomes unblockable with trait up. His trait makes ALL GUNSHOTS UNBLOCKABLE, how is forcing your opponent to push block because they didnt anit air you bad?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
lol my sparring partner mains DS, and uses his trait whenever he gets the chance. He uses the trait to rushdown. Its like you guys dont know that any string with a gunshot in it becomes unblockable with trait up. His trait makes ALL GUNSHOTS UNBLOCKABLE, how is forcing your opponent to push block because they didnt anit air you bad?
because its extremely easy to react to DS trait activation and blow him the fuck up?

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
because its extremely easy to react to DS trait activation and blow him the fuck up?
You really only need one set up to put trait on, and thats ending in d2xxtrait. Its safe, its out of a bnb, it gives you options, but most importantly it lets you know all of your opponents options. If you are getting blown up for using trait its because you used it in a bad situation/time, which is honestly any situation outside of the d2 cancel. Did you just click reply without reading anyhting that was said so far?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
You really only need one set up to put trait on, and thats ending in d2xxtrait. Its safe, its out of a bnb, it gives you options, but most importantly it lets you know all of your opponents options. If you are getting blown up for using trait its because you used it in a bad situation/time, which is honestly any situation outside of the d2 cancel. Did you just click reply without reading anyhting that was said so far?
ur better off goin for his oki setups, the only guaranteed thing u can do after d2~trait, is block.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
ur better off goin for his oki setups, the only guaranteed thing u can do after d2~trait, is block.
You are looking at the glass as half empty man. The set up is completely safe(including supermans super), and depending on the MU the opponents wake up cant even punish you. So lets say you have to respect their wake up, and they have to respect your unblockable guns so they do in fact wake up. You just block and punish with the optimal bnb. If you cant punish them then poke/backdash/NJ into an unblockable set up. DS trait is really strong when you know how to use it, its just that nobody seems to know how to use it yet.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
Stop being an ignorant fan boy.

Aside from GGA's low tier exhibition tournaments, nobody has any tournament results with Deathstroke because the character is no longer any good. Even if a Deathstroke player is winning your local tournaments, your scene sucks and needs to level up.
didnt aris win a wnf with said nerffed ds

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
BAHAHAHAHA, how did you find an image so perfect? Im sorry, Ill stop telling people things they should know :3

lol.. Yesterday, I accidentally left my PS3 somewhere. So instead of practicing like usual, I started reading Watchmen since I've never read it or seen the movie.

When I read "Get Out" that scene popped into my head...

I just edited that one line with MS Paint. All the letters I needed were already there... :)

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Step 1 to makeover of the DS forums: Ignore all of m2dave's pointless whining

Trait is pretty bad. I've tried to like it, I can't. Even if I get it off, it lasts so short. Our glass is half full, but it's full of spoiled milk.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

Trait is pretty bad. I've tried to like it, I can't. Even if I get it off, it lasts so short. Our glass is half full, but it's full of spoiled milk.

No offense to anyone in the DS forums, you are all my peoples. BUT STOP WITH THIS. His trait is fucking bananas. I don't think you guys realize how stupid this thing is, the only times i play, i play against arguably some of the best players in the community. When i pull out the trait salt rains supreme and they always refer to the DS forums for this. These are people who know how to punish the trait and can do so on the fly, we have no easy way to use it but there are a million and one ways to set it up. Setups are all dependent on what risks your opponent is willing to take at any given time. I'm not going to say it's the best trait in the game but it's a damn good one guys, if i can get away with it against players who have all the DS experience in the world and are hella good, im pretty sure you guys can too.

KT Smith

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
After using Zod, Deathstroke's trait is the joke. The trait is garbage.

You can suck with Zod and still do 10% of chip damage using his trait.

Isn't it a little unfair to compare an average trait to one of the best ones? DS' trait isn't going to win "best trait of the year" or anything anytime soon, but I do think it is at least a little bit underrated

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
lol.. Yesterday, I accidentally left my PS3 somewhere. So instead of practicing like usual, I started reading Watchmen since I've never read it or seen the movie.

When I read "Get Out" that scene popped into my head...

I just edited that one line with MS Paint. All the letters I needed were already there... :)
I knew that was the comedian, but I couldnt remember him ever saying that. Thats right after he rapes that whatshernames mother right?

Do you guys really not use his trait to rushdown? You do know that he has unblockable normals with trait on right? I just want to know how having a safe set up into trait, then having unblockable rushdown is bad? His trait is nuts, but I think you guys are downplaying it because you use it outside the safe set up and then only use projectiles when its on

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Do you guys really not use his trait to rushdown? You do know that he has unblockable normals with trait on right? I just want to know how having a safe set up into trait, then having unblockable rushdown is bad? His trait is nuts, but I think you guys are downplaying it because you use it outside the safe set up and then only use projectiles when its on

To be fair its hard to pin someone down after a trait is on. I use that unblockable setup all the time though. Does anyone here zone with his 3 hit string with the mid bullet from across screen?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I knew that was the comedian, but I couldnt remember him ever saying that. Thats right after he rapes that whatshernames mother right?

Yeah. Ms. Jupiter's mother. I obviously already read that part but No more spoilers though. lol. I want to finish this.

He actually says "But I got your number see?"