What's new

Question The Official Deathstroke Forums Normalization Thread (suggestions)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Hello fellow Deathstroke players, as i've been getting several requests regarding the forums as of recently id like to provide you with this suggestions thread in order for me to better serve you guys as a mod. Any threads within the DS forums that should be reviewed, any Original Posts that you guys need to be updated just post here. I'll be watching the thread closely so this will better serve you guys than just tagging me since sometimes i don't receive notifications for tags.

Realistically ill be checking these forums at night as i am a busy man during the day so please leave your suggestions here and keep it civil guys.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Definitely do need a cleaned up combo thread. I can volunteer to start and tend a new matchup thread more carefully, since the guy who started ours is no longer playing Injustice at all. I think Mikman360 already kind of volunteered himself for combo thread duty, too.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Lol @ "normalization"

Anyhoo, I guess I could take over the combo thread. There are some things I've been wanting to post anyhoo. If not me, then someone frequent, responsible, and knowledgeable should (or heck, that should be for every thread we sticky).

Other than that, there's the matchup thread thing that needs to be unified and concise (instead of the many different matchup threads we currently have). Duck Nation wants to make a matchup thread, let him do it, unsticky the current one, and sticky the new one.

Over time, certain tech threads such as that up and coming Oki thread might be worth stickying.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Your shtick is old and you have no idea what you're talking about anymore. At least when you played Freddy you actually had the tournament results to back up the trolling.

Contribute or fuck off.
Stop being an ignorant fan boy.

Aside from GGA's low tier exhibition tournaments, nobody has any tournament results with Deathstroke because the character is no longer any good. Even if a Deathstroke player is winning your local tournaments, your scene sucks and needs to level up.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Lol @ "normalization"

Anyhoo, I guess I could take over the combo thread. There are some things I've been wanting to post anyhoo. If not me, then someone frequent, responsible, and knowledgeable should (or heck, that should be for every thread we sticky).

Other than that, there's the matchup thread thing that needs to be unified and concise (instead of the many different matchup threads we currently have). Duck Nation wants to make a matchup thread, let him do it, unsticky the current one, and sticky the new one.

Over time, certain tech threads such as that up and coming Oki thread might be worth stickying.
If you want any help with the combo thread, let me know. Also, I think we should make a thread for all of the tech found so far for DS, so we won't have them all spread out through out the DS forums.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Basic tech should probably get its own entire thread. All of his setups and demonstrations of how they're executed, if we can get anybody who can do videos. Maybe his blockstrings, too?

Who specifically that tech should be used against (vulnerability to CoD, flying ninja, trait setups, etc) can probably be folded into the matchup thread. This also goes for the material currently in in the Low Gun Shot Safety Chart, which is essentially just little parcels of matchup info anyways.

Combos should be a thread onto themselves.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
All of DS setups (including his oki ones) need to all end up in 1 big guide, his corner reset with sword spin and all that as well.

Matix218

Get over here!

Aside from GGA's low tier exhibition tournaments, nobody has any tournament results with Deathstroke because the character is no longer any good. Even if a Deathstroke player is winning your local tournaments, your scene sucks and needs to level up.
Aris has still done well against people post patch with deathstroke. He took out cdjr's Superman at evo didn't he??

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body

Thats because nobody is using the character properly, I see many deathstrokes land their bnb in tournament matches but none alter that bnb to get a safe set up into trait. In the DS guide it says "Deathstroke’s trait is more of a liability than anything else, and should be avoided" thats a goddamn joke.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I abuse trait every chance i get. Then again i'm all about styling on my opponents anyway. And i play top players the less than 10 times that i have played this game.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
unfortunately u have to sacrifice a ton of damage just to get the chance at MAAAYBE hitting them with ur gunshots, D2~trait is the only guaranteed way to get out trait.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I abuse trait every chance i get. Then again i'm all about styling on my opponents anyway. And i play top players the less than 10 times that i have played this game.
Its not so much styling on the opponent as it is playing the character. He is a zoner with unblock-able gunshots, how that isnt being abused to the fullest extent by now is beyond me. How nobody is using his trait to rushdown is beyond me. When trait is on CD you cant shoot, but its back up in the time it takes for the throw animation to be completed. The DS downplay just makes me sad man.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
"Deathstroke’s trait is more of a liability than anything else, and should be avoided" thats a goddamn joke.
After using Zod, Deathstroke's trait is the joke. The trait is garbage.

You can suck with Zod and still do 10% of chip damage using his trait.