What's new

The Official Black Canary MU Chart(Patch Ver. 1.12 Updated 12/12/17)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Fate beats up Canary pretty bad but I’m not gonna lie, I’m more scared to fight Canary than some characters Fate has issues with. Supergirl goes even vs Fate, but I’d rather fight her than Canary. Idk why but she terrifies me

I$AAC

Noob
Fate beats up Canary pretty bad but I’m not gonna lie, I’m more scared to fight Canary than some characters Fate has issues with. Supergirl goes even vs Fate, but I’d rather fight her than Canary. Idk why but she terrifies me

I think it' her explosiveness once she gets in. I know days doesn't have too many options on wakeup which can be hell against a canary.

Zed

BOONKGANGWHOLELOTTAGANGSHIT
Just my personal input feel free to disagree but in my opinion Atro v Canary is 6-4 Atro.
Atro completely controls the neutral game and he can really lame you out with the vomit. He's one of the characters canary is forced to pushblock and shes a very meter reliant character so spending bars defensively is never good. The saving grace in this mu is that you can super bully atro on wakeup but i feel as though you're forced to wait for atro to make a mistake and thats signs of a losing mu.

I also think canary 6-4s GL. 112 1+3 into corpse hop flip reverses wall wakeups so you can essentially destroy him on wakeup for free. You can blow him up for both options on his b1 and canary can backdash after he does 2 if he goes for 2213 and its a free whiff punish.

I'll add some more later but this is just an input im here for the discussion ^^

Yep, I'm back with another MU chart. This time it's with the queen herself ofc. Lots of time went into this list and it's taken me a while even though i have had some numbers down since basically a month ago. So i will explain in further detail about any MU you specifically need me to. Some will be subject to change due to the patch being so fresh, so check back on those in about 2-3 months(that's when i feel i have the MU down yo a certain degree) Keep in mind, i do NOT think she is a bad character AT ALL, i personally feel she is pretty damn busted lol. But hey, you are only as good as your MU chart suggests. Also, her mu can be very weird in a sense that if she can't get in, she will get destroyed. But if she does, she will be the one destroying you most likely, so keep in mind she may not lose to ALL zoners or people who can keep her out. Just because she can be zoned doesn't mean every zoner beats her..

Winning:
Bane
Gorilla Grodd
Deadshot

Losing
Aquaman 6-4
Blue Beetle 6-4
Batman 6-4
Captain Cold 6-4 *Subject to change w his nerfs*
Cyborg 6-4
Dr. Fate 6-4
Firestorm 6-4
Green Arrow 6-4
Poison Ivy 6-4
Harley Quinn 6-4
Swamp Thing 6-4
Starfire 6-4
Wonder Woman 7-3

Even
Atrocitus
Black Manta
Black Adam
Brainiac
Darkseid
Catwoman
Cheetah
Flash
Green Lantern
Joker
Red Hood
Robin
Superman
Sub-Zero
Supergirl
Scarecrow

TBD
Hellboy
Raiden
Atom
Enchantress
TMNT

Winning:3
Losing:13
Even:17
TBD:5

There you have it. You can share this around to the other canary players that aren't on tym to see & find out if it looks good to them. Im not sure who plays her much anymore, but i can tell you from what i have played, this is the most accurate chart i can come up with her REALISTICALLY.. So yeah if any questions feel free to ask away.

@Take$$$
@EntropicByDesign
@Mista_Snacks
@Espio
@Braindead
@CallMeTetris
@shura30
@xGunShow
@Tiger Wong
@JackeySpratty
@Tony at Home
@HellblazerHawkman
@Pan1cMode
@Made Capo
@FallenLee
@EyeOfThundera822
I agree, she sucks, according to matchups, but idk how you could change it without making her broke

Her D3 low profiles everything black adamn can throw at her up close even his mids. His f12 string completely whiffs entirely and she can d2 and get a full combo. Also, he cannot get up off the ground on her. He has advantage in neutral no doubt, but she can get in on him it's not that terrible.

Supermans F23 gets low profiled by her d3 even after f23 x trait. She can parry f23 and His lasers aren't awful for her. His wake up game hurt him against her as well.

Atrocitus is more of the same. Her parry is a great tool for players who just love to throw out f22 or his f13 string all whilly nillym. She has to worry about puddle in neutral, but it's death on block and jumping gets around it nicely for her. On oki she's at advantage as well.
Well explained, most people don't explain matchups, thanks

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The way a character like Black Canary or Flash loses a matchup is less damning than a character like maybe Aquaman or Green Lantern. Flash/Canary despite having issues in the neutral can maul anyone despite the MU number once they get their heavy offense started with mixups and high damage. But like an Aquaman/GL character that relies mainly on their neautral and footsie tools and don’t have high damages aren’t able to really make up the difference as easily. Imo of course

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
The way a character like Black Canary or Flash loses a matchup is less damning than a character like maybe Aquaman or Green Lantern. Flash/Canary despite having issues in the neutral can maul anyone despite the MU number once they get their heavy offense started with mixups and high damage. But like an Aquaman/GL character that relies mainly on their neautral and footsie tools and don’t have high damages aren’t able to really make up the difference as easily. Imo of course
That's why Canary and Flash are dumb, match ups don't really matter they just do whatever they want until you block correctly and even then half the time they're safe/low profile/don't get punished :):):):):)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That's why Canary and Flash are dumb, match ups don't really matter they just do whatever they want until you block correctly and even then half the time they're safe/low profile/don't get punished :):):):):)
I mean yeah that’s true, but I play Sub/Aqua so if Flash or Canary gets started on me that means I messed up somehow because I have the advantage in the neutral, so I deserve it. Not to say it isn’t infuriating, but it is on me.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
She beats deadshot now?

Well the MU did get easier for ivy so I would imagine it’s easier for canary as well. Haven’t ran that MU in ages lol

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
She beats deadshot now?

Well the MU did get easier for ivy so I would imagine it’s easier for canary as well. Haven’t ran that MU in ages lol
Aw man it's so bad lol. She gets in way easier. Plus whens she is in he's just as helpless as before now that his meter gain got worse. So she usually has the meter advantage and he can't anti air her which makes jump in range a nightmare for him.She makes he afraid o wakeup too because of parry but that's always been there.

I need help and am at my wits END with Robin and Flash. These are the two characters I lose to consistently despite how much I lab against them and try to learn counters for their tactics. What approach to these matchups has brought you the most success?

nugava

Noob
Lame meterbuild with back cartwheel. Parrying Robin's wake ups. Poking in the right place.
Flash, don't forget to jump back when he's charging from full screen. The luckiest wins :))

Symbiote

Noob
Yep, I'm back with another MU chart. This time it's with the queen herself ofc. Lots of time went into this list and it's taken me a while even though i have had some numbers down since basically a month ago. So i will explain in further detail about any MU you specifically need me to. Some will be subject to change due to the patch being so fresh, so check back on those in about 2-3 months(that's when i feel i have the MU down yo a certain degree) Keep in mind, i do NOT think she is a bad character AT ALL, i personally feel she is pretty damn busted lol. But hey, you are only as good as your MU chart suggests. Also, her mu can be very weird in a sense that if she can't get in, she will get destroyed. But if she does, she will be the one destroying you most likely, so keep in mind she may not lose to ALL zoners or people who can keep her out. Just because she can be zoned doesn't mean every zoner beats her..

Winning:
Bane 6-4
Gorilla Grodd 6-4
Deadshot 6-4
Raiden 6-4

Losing
Aquaman 6-4
Blue Beetle 6-4
Batman 6-4
Cyborg 6-4
Dr. Fate 6-4
Firestorm 6-4
Green Arrow 6-4
Poison Ivy 6-4
Harley Quinn 6-4
Swamp Thing 6-4
Starfire 6-4
Wonder Woman 6-4

Even
Atrocitus
Black Manta
Black Adam
Brainiac
Darkseid
Captain Cold
Catwoman
Cheetah
Flash
Green Lantern
Hellboy
Joker
Red Hood
Robin
Superman
Sub-Zero
Supergirl
Scarecrow

TBD
Atom
Enchantress
TMNT

Winning:4
Losing:12
Even:19
TBD:5

There you have it. You can share this around to the other canary players that aren't on tym to see & find out if it looks good to them. Im not sure who plays her much anymore, but i can tell you from what i have played, this is the most accurate chart i can come up with her REALISTICALLY.. So yeah if any questions feel free to ask away.

@Take$$$
@EntropicByDesign
@Mista_Snacks
@Espio
@Braindead
@CallMeTetris
@shura30
@xGunShow
@Tiger Wong
@JackeySpratty
@Tony at Home
@HellblazerHawkman
@Pan1cMode
@Made Capo
@FallenLee
@EyeOfThundera822
I disagree with some of these matchups. Only winning MU I agree with is Deadshot, the rest are even. Black Manta and Black Adam are losing MUs

Symbiote

Noob
She doesn’t lose to Adam or Manta. This has been discussed forever now.
Canary can do well against BA once she gets in but in my experience his tools are too good at avoiding that situation. So I understand why he's maybe an even MU. Manta is too safe and can chip her out, I think canary has one of the worst neutrals in the game which doesn't help