What's new

Breakthrough - Predator The New Predator in 1.12 (Warrior & Hish-Qu-Ten)

REO

Undead
1.12 Patch Changes for Predator:

General:
- D+1 is now 8 frames (used to be 9)
- D+1 is now -6 on block (used to be -3)
- Instant air NJP is a lot more negative on block

Warrior:

- B,F+1 is now safe on block (-4)
- B,F+1 is now faster (13 frames)
- EX B,F+1 is now faster (13 frames)
- EX B,F+1 is now more negative on block (-15)
- Self-Detonate now has a few frames of recovery slightly reduced

Hish-Qu-Ten

- All low plasma shots now do 1% less damage (5%)
- Straight plasma shot now does 1% less damage (6%)
- Chip damage on all low plasma shots have now been reduced
- Chip damage on straight plasma shot has now been reduced
- Performing any low plasma shot attacks now builds less super meter.
- Performing any straight plasma shot now builds less super meter.
- Performing any up plasma shot now builds less super meter.
- BNBS combos that involve laser shots have now been reduced by 2% or 3% overall (depending on how many lasers you use)
- EX Straight Plasma shot no longer builds meter on block
- EX Straight Plasma shots now do less chip damage on block
- EX Low Plasma Barrage no longer builds meter on block
- EX Low Plasma Barrage now does less chip damage on block
- All Plasma Caster cancels have now been altered and slowed down slightly by a few frames

Discuss.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Haven't tested yet, but have they made low laser count as a projectile? Can Jacqui absorb it with her db1?

JDM

Noob
D4xxLaser Cancel is no longer safe against EX spin from Lao. #GUTTED

Damn, that sucks. :(

Reactions: REO

REO

Undead
Haven't tested yet, but have they made low laser count as a projectile? Can Jacqui absorb it with her db1?
No. She can only absorb straight shots or smart discs right now.

@YOMI REO are you gonna make one of these for Jason?
Yup.

No love for hunter ? Any one think warrior is worth while to learning now with these changes
Hunter seems to be the same. It still has the far trap flaw also.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
What? Predator did not get hit hard. Tanya got hit hard, tremor got hit; Predator got a slap on the wrist compared to what he could've gotten.
Predator didn't need much of anything changed honestly. It's mostly a lack of MU experience from the majority of people. If you have people that understand the MU, he's not as oppressive as you and other people may think.

REO

Undead
I mean, if you count since Predator was released, he's received over 20+ nerfs over the course of patches, lmao.

Tanya and Tremor are still good, just like Predator. I don't understand what everyone is making a big deal about. Nobody with a sense of balance in mind likes advantage armor launchers, 50% BNBs off any hit converts, or safe spammable armor attacks in general. The reason people think Tremor and Tanya got hit so hard is because they were very busted and top five before MKXL. Predator was more at the bottom of top 10 with a bunch of characters cuffing him by the balls.

Anyway, I'm SERIOUSLY surprised they didn't tone down A-List or Swarm Queen advantage cancels overall when they toned down HQT cancels. Those match-ups are going to be even worse for Predator now than they were before.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Only specific change to Hunter is his healing doesn't cost stamina anymore.

edit: nevermind

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
I'm so mind fucked on some of their balance decisions. The top tiers have had pretty decent nerfs to them but what were they thinking leaving Johnny the way he is? He's gotta be top 5 if not the best character in the game right now. I don't think Predator needed any nerfs at all in all honesty. He lost a lot of matchups before this.

Poshib

The Artman
According to my testing st.4 Plasma Cancel is still safe and can get you a 122 beam on block. The only difference I noticed is that it's a bit tighter but still there.

Wigy

There it is...
Amazes me predator mains saying they got hit hard. 1% off your projectiles and were hit by universal character nerfs (chip/meterbuild/blockstring/njp)

I hate kobu tanya but if u want to see hit hard go have a look at her.

Not to mention that breaker change is a large buff for predator.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
So is 4~pcc~f12 still a true blockstring?
Is 32~, 21~ and b31~pcc still advantage on block? (e.g. d3/d4-check guaranteed)
What's about 122~pcc?
Is b22~pcc still a tickthrow?

... can you still hitconfirm b31/32~pcc into f12?

... minor details like these will decide if predator remains upper tier, I guess.

Generally: have the cancels been toned down by reducing the block-/hitadvantage, or by increasing the frames until a move can be cancelled?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Damn, no longer top 5 (unpopular opinions ftw). Kinda disappointing since Alien is releasing soon and IMO looks like he has an advantage against him.

Last edited:

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i don't see where pred got hurt really except HQT but yet it still is really good in ways but also warrior is better not and maybe good in a good bit of MUs also hunter i'm glad was not really touched