What's new

The NEW Kano matchup thread

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This match chart looks better then the one yesterday.

And flame me all you want guys but I kind of agree with the kit vs Kano match up being 5-5.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

And flame me all you want guys but I kind of agree with the kit vs Kano match up being 5-5.

I do as well. She is one of the only characters that the old oki game works on, which means on untechable(jik air throw) knockdown she can eat an easy 20-40% combo or if a F3 lands he can reset the situation again. Knives can stop her from fanning all day. He can take her air control away with upball. At max range she can only punish upball with a poke which becomes hard due to strict timing when he falls. she has the advantage with footsies obviously but up close they both have things they can use. Kitana has her 21 cutter and Kano has his b11, 11 2,1 into choke which builds him meter for breaking her combos or knocks Kitana down which allows Kano to go into the oki game. She cannot punish every option she has with 2,1 cutter LMAO. 2,1 is 15 frames, she could not even punish any of his full blockstrings with that.

To be fair, Noob vs. Cage is definitely a 5-5 if not in Noob's favor (and believe me when I say I have played high level cage and believe this) and shadows are -21 on block. So, knives being -10 isn't really a huge deal in that perspective. The move that Noob has that significantly makes this much up better though is Up knee(+4 on block).

So, I can't completely say Kano vs. Cage is 5-5, but at the highest level, possibly. It's hard to dictate what it would actually be, and I am only theory crafting anyway, so yeah. I can't say I would doubt it, unless Kano's down pokes are just horrible.
Play Kevo's Cage and pick Noob. It's no way that match is even. Noob will only excel when cornering and zoning Cage, but it takes one wrong read he's in and your dead. UpKnee isn't enough to keep Cage honest once he's in.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I$AAC Sorry bud but I think Nightwolf beats Kano 6-4. I can agree with the Kano Ermac MU though since I am not entirely sure.

Flagg

Noob
I dunno, I think Kano can give Ermac problems providing he isn't ball happy. Kanos rush down believe it or not is better than Ermacs.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
in my very humble opinion;

kano/ermac is 5-5
kano/nightwolf is 5-5
kano/jax is definitely not 7-3 wtf
kano/kabal is 7-3 at the very worst
kano/kitana is 6-4 for kit, she can't toss fans all day but she beats kano upclose
jade and noob are absolutely not horrendous matchups for kano. if i had to make numbers, i'd say 5-5 jade and at WORST 5.5/4.5 noob. noob gets shadows jumped -> airball'd all fucking day.
i agree with m2dave about kenshi being 7-3.
i respectfully disagree with THTB, definitely think k/reptile is 5-5, no worse than 5.5/4.5. knife is still a problem for rep.

kano's absolute worst matchups are, in order
kabal
kenshi
freddy
kitana
sub (if played correctly by sub)
and then the rest is fair game, imo.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Kitana can outzone Kano. wtf are you guys talking about. The only thing Kitana could have a problem with is a difficult punish on upball (2 frame window)

There's no way it's not at least 6-4 Kitana

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana can outzone Kano. wtf are you guys talking about. The only thing Kitana could have a problem with is a difficult punish on upball (2 frame window)

True..but she really doesn't have to zone to win this matchup. She beats him up close as well. Once she gets the life lead, he is done.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
anyone that says a certain matchup is more than 7-3 for kano has no idea what they're talking about. >:\ kano's 7-3's should be kabal and kenshi and that's the worst of it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

I personally won't say he out zones her but the trade off is in his favor 9% vs 6 or 8. He can always get a knife out where as she can have a spot where she can't. Just saying.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I personally won't say he out zones her but the trade off is in his favor 9% vs 6 or 8. He can always get a knife out where as she can have a spot where she can't. Just saying.
I agree, but Kano's zoning is so average that it is irrelevant. He cannot really stop Kitana from being where she wants to be. She can d+1 under each knife and approach him at mid range, where she has a huge advantage as her normals out-range his. Also, she does almost twice as much damage as Kano after any combo, AA, deep jump kick, etc. Kano only wins this match up online, where upballs are unpunishable and he can get away with jumping.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Kitana can easily get projectile advantage on Kano and start to outzone him. His damage on it is better but that's not going to matter if I'm playing keepaway and he has to come to me.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Kitana can easily get projectile advantage on Kano and start to outzone him. His damage on it is better but that's not going to matter if I'm playing keepaway and he has to come to me.
why would he come to you?? actually dave explained it best as to of why shes better and hes right ~ 6-4 kitana

i still dont see how kitana can get projectile advantage on him.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

Fullscreen anti-air knifeball tech wins the zoning war :D my favourite combo in the game.

Jump over a knife, fan, start iaf'ing. I do it all the time unless the lag's terrible.
Assuming both players arent completely retarded and throw projectiles 24/7, the Kano player has advantage in the projectile war, he does more damage, is faster and can combo for 20% if he catches Kitana in the air from a distance.