What's new

The NEW Kano matchup thread

I$AAC

Noob
Ok the first 2 matchup thread were a bit outdated so I wanted to start a fresh new matchup thread to discuss. I will be posting what my matchup list would be, and as time goes on I'll visit each character and go into detail as to how you would fight them. There are some matchup that I'm sure I won't beable to coverdue to inexperience so hopefullywe can all get together and help one another out. Anyway, here's my list:

4-6 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
3-7 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
3-7 vs Jax
3-7 vs Johnny Cage
2-8 vs Kabal
3-7 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
4-6 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
5-5 vs Raiden
4-6 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
4-6 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
3-7 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
first reply by someone who doesnt even play kano.

except to jik throw for the laugh,that shit is awesome.

Spletty

Grandmaster
So he has the same amount of bad matchups as detroits shang chart... dont know if this is wrong or if thats really bad for shang lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I agree with 4.5/5.5 for Rain, I guess. If the Kano player wants to lame it out the whole time. I just don't play many Kanos anymore though so it's hard to say.

Please explain to me how Kano breaks even with Cage???

All Kano has in his favor is full screen zoning, and it's not a question of will Cage get in its when he gets in. Knife is -10 on block & upball is -13 and they both put him directly at Cage's mercy. He has nothing to keep Cage honest.

I$AAC

Noob
Sorry guys I just realized I copied and pasted the wrong matchup chart lol. I edited the first post with the latest chart. This is the final one that I made after mlg. This one is a bit more realistic.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I$AAC said:
6-4 vs Sheeva
One winning match up? LOL. NRS, what have you done to this character?

On a serious note, I think Kabal beats Kano worse than 7:3. I also think Kenshi beats Kano worse than 6:4. Kano would lose to these two characters even if he had safe upball and old knife toss.

NariTuba

disMember
Cyrax can punish Kano for 60+% into a 50/50 for any ball move blocked including upball. Upclose, Cyrax' strings hit Kano crouching and he has command grab. Plus Cyblax can teleport around knives... why do you say this is 5-5?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
5-5 Reptile..... what Reptile players are you playing? Those trash ones in ranked that dash into knives all day?

Sorry but it's 6-4 Reptile.
Yeah agreed. This matchup used to be even. Now there isn't much Kanji actually excels at in this matchup.

To be fair, Noob vs. Cage is definitely a 5-5 if not in Noob's favor (and believe me when I say I have played high level cage and believe this) and shadows are -21 on block. So, knives being -10 isn't really a huge deal in that perspective. The move that Noob has that significantly makes this much up better though is Up knee(+4 on block).

So, I can't completely say Kano vs. Cage is 5-5, but at the highest level, possibly. It's hard to dictate what it would actually be, and I am only theory crafting anyway, so yeah. I can't say I would doubt it, unless Kano's down pokes are just horrible.

I$AAC

Noob
Yeah agreed. This matchup used to be even. Now there isn't much Kanji actually excels at in this matchup.
Unfortunately reptile is one of those matchups I don't have too much experience with. I can totally see it being 6-4 reptile.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This character is a bit depressing.. I wanted to use him too... That Red Eye is stylish.

They should have gave him eye laser mix ups... Haha.

Spletty

Grandmaster
This character is a bit depressing.. I wanted to use him too... That Red Eye is stylish.

They should have gave him eye laser mix ups... Haha.
Eye laser dash cancels, or ELDC's, and an instant air i laser, iAEL, would suffice. Not asking for much...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Dude maybe Kano vs Kitana is 5/5 online offline its 6/4 Kitana she can punish every single option whit 21 cutter intro presure and so many other stuf this match is 6/4 I do train whit one of the best Kanos there are in this game...

Man whats so tough about the Kenshi, cyrax, sonya and jax for Kano.
Everyones match up chart:
Considered high tier character 4 - 6 so the community don't hate me
Known mid tier guys 5 - 5 just to be safe
Low tier guys 6 - 4 so my character looks better than garbage

Man whats so tough about the Kenshi, cyrax, sonya and jax for Kano.
Everyones match up chart:
Considered high tier character 4 - 6 so the community don't hate me
Known mid tier guys 5 - 5 just to be safe
Low tier guys 6 - 4 so my character looks better than garbage
I know, right? I hate that shit. Some of these "lower tier" characters have shit to deal with these assholes that nobody even recognizes.

/mini-rant