What's new

Strategy - D'Vorah The New D'Vorah

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
SQ is not dead..... lol smh its only been a few days! im still maining SQ
I think SQ is still the best of the three. I really wish that we didn't have to have more than 66% or whatever percentage stamina bar to run cancel, it takes away her run in and pressure game... which definitely sucks.

Skeezer12

Kinetic
I think SQ is still the best of the three. I really wish that we didn't have to have more than 66% or whatever percentage stamina bar to run cancel, it takes away her run in and pressure game... which definitely sucks.
her pressure game is still really good just not braindead like before . you have to actually think with her now! puddle being plus 3 kinda annoys me but im working around it

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
her pressure game is still really good just not braindead like before . you have to actually think with her now! puddle being plus 3 kinda annoys me but im working around it
wouldnt even touch her at this point anymore, they'd have to at least give her puddle 0 recovery in a hotfix.

KillaGthug4Life

By that I mean: SQ- No puddle set ups because it's punishable, f112 pressure is non existant unless completely full meter. F3 WGC is punishable, and B1 WGC is punishable. Sooo no safe 50/50 and pressure cannot start unless she's right fucking next to her opponent. Ie: no run up and pressure anymore.. *cough cough* bull shit *cough cough*

Brood Mother- Slightly viable due to faster bug blast but she has mediocre to shitty zoning, mediocre to shitty mixups, mediocre to shitty pressure, and mediocre to shitty setups (unless in the corner). Her damage sucks unless off of 112. Which is more of a punisher than a combo opener or anything. Also she NEEDS meter to be successful and even make her 50/50s (which are all punishable), and has no way of really building meter.

Venomous- So yeah she gets a safe armor (which has no range) and loses f22 as an overhead... fucks this bitch because she has no combo starters which are safe... (b1 Spray, b12, B12 Air grab), and does nothing over 17% max. Overhead starter is barely over 30% and also punishable on block. She doesn't build any meter unless the opponent never punishes spray... Sooooo pray tell.. how are any of these characters truly good. I am getting fucked railed but shitty players because D'vorah sucks so much. *cough cough* bull shit *cough cough*

May I just add what made D'vorah fair is that she had 0 defense and great offense/pressure. Now she has shit pressure/offense, and no defense (8f d1, 12% Full combo punishable armor, shit backdash, slow nj2).

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
By that I mean: SQ- No puddle set ups because it's punishable, f112 pressure is non existant unless completely full meter. F3 WGC is punishable, and B1 WGC is punishable. Sooo no safe 50/50 and pressure cannot start unless she's right fucking next to her opponent. Ie: no run up and pressure anymore.. *cough cough* bull shit *cough cough*

Brood Mother- Slightly viable due to faster bug blast but she has mediocre to shitty zoning, mediocre to shitty mixups, mediocre to shitty pressure, and mediocre to shitty setups (unless in the corner). Her damage sucks unless off of 112. Which is more of a punisher than a combo opener or anything. Also she NEEDS meter to be successful and even make her 50/50s (which are all punishable), and has no way of really building meter.

Venomous- So yeah she gets a safe armor (which has no range) and loses f22 as an overhead... fucks this bitch because she has no combo starters which are safe... (b1 Spray, b12, B12 Air grab), and does nothing over 17% max. Overhead starter is barely over 30% and also punishable on block. She doesn't build any meter unless the opponent never punishes spray... Sooooo pray tell.. how are any of these characters truly good. I am getting fucked railed but shitty players because D'vorah sucks so much. *cough cough* bull shit *cough cough*

May I just add what made D'vorah fair is that she had 0 defense and great offense/pressure. Now she has shit pressure/offense, and no defense (8f d1, 12% Full combo punishable armor, shit backdash, slow nj2).
You make her look worse than she actually is. Yeah none of her variations are broken or very good but sq and bm are still solid. Bm was nice even pre patch if used properly and now she even got a bit better. The new meta is also in bm's favor kind of.

Venomous idk I can't imagine her being Any good nur I might be wrong lol

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Just theory, haven't put it into practice yet, but I think Venom should be putting armor behind spray now, often. Fact is, people won't punish it every time, and if you condition them with a price for failure, they may think twice.

Also, why do I keep hearing that Venomous gets no damage off her overhead now? It's the one good thing she has, lol. 34% midscreen, 33% restand or 38% knockdown in the corner, all meterless. Her lack of comboability does hurt her, though I actually think getting nothing off f11 hurts her more than the lack of low damage. Having to condition to make people not block high is fine. 17.5% whiff punishes hurt a lot more.

Ideal solution, spray can be meterburned into a launching safe burst....never gonna happen.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Just theory, haven't put it into practice yet, but I think Venom should be putting armor behind spray now, often. Fact is, people won't punish it every time, and if you condition them with a price for failure, they may think twice.

Also, why do I keep hearing that Venomous gets no damage off her overhead now? It's the one good thing she has, lol. 34% midscreen, 33% restand or 38% knockdown in the corner, all meterless. Her lack of comboability does hurt her, though I actually think getting nothing off f11 hurts her more than the lack of low damage. Having to condition to make people not block high is fine. 17.5% whiff punishes hurt a lot more.

Ideal solution, spray can be meterburned into a launching safe burst....never gonna happen.
I've been armouring with Venom after raw spray, no real risk in doing so because its either you get punished or you armour lol, Venomous is still just as strong as it was before but just lacks some conversions into restand now because ex bug spray doesn't restand now.

Definitely still a good variation

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I've been armouring with Venom after raw spray, no real risk in doing so because its either you get punished or you armour lol, Venomous is still just as strong as it was before but just lacks some conversions into restand now because ex bug spray doesn't restand now.

Definitely still a good variation
Yeah, I agree. It's pretty solid for what it does, but I...want...more :(

Seriously, the no combos off f11 drives me crazy sometimes. Just seems like such basic functionality off of one of her best tools, though I suppose it gives me a reason to switch to bm if nothing else.

yowbah

Noob
SQ is not dead
it is dead, so is d'vorah herself, they basically took away her f2 overhead and made it mid, stamina changes took away her whole pressure game, no 50/50s because her only overhead is slow as shit, her only antizoning option is now pretty much uselees as an opponent can do whatever he wants while you can only run for like a quarter of the screen until he can shoot another projectile, so the character which was designed for pressure, mixups and antizoning got fucked over by nrs who took away all her options for that lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
there are a lot of matchups now where you can't even use puddle at all on knockdown because of the recovery. i used subzero against a dvorah and pretty much punished her with wakeup ex slide every single time they tried to do oki puddle in the corner. the only one thats safe now is b2~puddle, but im pretty sure it always whiffs, unless maybe they do a roll recovery.

KillaGthug4Life

there are a lot of matchups now where you can't even use puddle at all on knockdown because of the recovery. i used subzero against a dvorah and pretty much punished her with wakeup ex slide every single time they tried to do oki puddle in the corner. the only one thats safe now is b2~puddle, but im pretty sure it always whiffs, unless maybe they do a roll recovery.
Yes, Swarm Queen unfortunately took a hit with her puddle and cancels. I honestly switched to brood mother who is pretty good. And her puddle is still pretty good tbh.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Well, been labbing for a while and I found some new dirt to make her scary in the corner across all variations. Can't record, sorry.

For those who watched Socal regionals, you know that Sonicfox kept doing meaty jump back punch into strings with Cryomancer. D'vorah has the same thing off her b12 and b21.

Basically end your corner combo with b12, dash forward, jump back with j2. This guarantees anything like f112, f3, b1, etc. Just know your opponent can delay their wake-up to escape this. However, you can easily counter this via two ways:

1. Dash forward twice and then go into the meaty jump back 2 after b12

2. End combo in njp, b21. B21 covers both short and delayed wake-up but you lose damage for it.

Experiment and see what you can find! I have already found that this setup sometimes reverses wake up attacks.