What's new

Strategy - D'Vorah The New D'Vorah

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
i think her f34 was stealth nerfed... the reach of 4 seems shorter. i could normally do f11, df3, f44, f34 without running in. 11b2, d1, f34 was much more consistent also
F4 reach does seem a little short also to me. Big buffs on brood mother making her combos more doable and not requiring two bars of meter, but still struggling to get much over 30% most of the time with her.. and her pressure is I'd say mediocre to slightly above mediocre.

Venomous got buffs and nerfs: Buff would obviously be armor, nerf would be how much more it takes to run cancel and f22 being a mid. Her overhead and low mixups that already did like minimal damage, now don't even add poison ticks besides her d4. I think this is a huge loss for Venomous because she has no combo starters mixups besides f34 (which is punishable), and chasing down zoners is so much more difficult.

KillaGthug4Life

Essentially, Swarm Queen isn't very good anymore and Venomous and Broodmother aren't good enough to be very threatening imao. What balanced out SQ's pressure was that she had no armor and pretty worthless defense. Now she has minimal pressure and negative defense.. I guess we just have to play smarter but this really threw a hit down.

Venomous still has 44% jip combo in corner and d1 is still fast as balls... opening opponents up for her 11b2/112 onslaught. i used venomous/broodmother from the beginning, i feel her buffs outweigh her nerfs. yeah i miss chip damage off ex df1 restands, but now opponts have to think twice about trying to interrupt venomous pressure due to the added ticks of damage from her buffed ex df1.

To be honest, with venomous most people blocked high anyway, so f22 being overhead isnt that much of a nerf to me in my opinion. now people will block low in fear of added tick damage on reaction, i think f3 is fast enough to connect. hardly ever using a full venom spray pays off because it keeps opponent close enough and the recovery is faster. d1, d4, f3 or throw are good followups.

broodmother still has her htb mixups if opponent doesnt have armor on knockdown, and you can bait armored moves and still have time to block or jump after using crawler oki. they will take 6 damage plus lose a bar, may be open to punishment depending on meter burned move.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Also I'm sure it has been mentioned already but in Brood Mother it's not necessary to do f11 after EX Bug Blast now. You can easily do starter xx bug blast, slight run, 212 - ender.

This is very useful with the b1 starter imo because the link is dead easy that way, there is no need to go for inconsistent tight links with f11 anymore.

Edit: talking about midscreen, not just in the corner.
She can also do 40% in the corner now easily of 112 and 37% midscreen or 38% into setup. So practical if you stagger much because it's so easy to hitconfirm and leads into good damage. Pre patch the best thing you could do was 112 ovi

KillaGthug4Life

Venomous still has 44% jip combo in corner and d1 is still fast as balls... opening opponents up for her 11b2/112 onslaught. i used venomous/broodmother from the beginning, i feel her buffs outweigh her nerfs. yeah i miss chip damage off ex df1 restands, but now opponts have to think twice about trying to interrupt venomous pressure due to the added ticks of damage from her buffed ex df1.

To be honest, with venomous most people blocked high anyway, so f22 being overhead isnt that much of a nerf to me in my opinion. now people will block low in fear of added tick damage on reaction, i think f3 is fast enough to connect. hardly ever using a full venom spray pays off because it keeps opponent close enough and the recovery is faster. d1, d4, f3 or throw are good followups.
How many times do you connect a ji or get a punish in the corner? Not very often, she has great corner damage but it's not very easily accessible, also it's hard for her to push someone all the way into the corner opposed to a Sub zero or other corner based characters. What I'm saying is that she doesn't get enough bang for her buck in Venomous. You make a good read and guess right on the 50/50 and deal maybe 12% or a few low pokes, opposed to Sonya getting upwards of 30% every time she gets the 50/50. If off of f34 than 30% ish. I'm not saying she's worthless, I'm saying venomous is still iffy.

Also, pray tell, how is an 8f d1 fast as balls? 7f is normal, 6f is fast AF.

Broodmother is viable though.

KillaGthug4Life

She can also do 40% in the corner now easily of 112 and 37% midscreen or 38% into setup. So practical if you stagger much because it's so easy to hitconfirm and leads into good damage. Pre patch the best thing you could do was 112 ovi
I've been getting mostly 36% midscreen, what combo are you using?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
You can still get puddle setups against characters with 10 frame or slower armors, even with the extra recovery by doing [starter] wgc 212~db1, njp, b21~db1, and hitting b21 at max height. @TopTierHarley and I were sitting on this as some armor breaking tech, but that's quite impossible now. It's less damage, but you can block wakeups or take your +3.

Does Venom's new armor seem very inactive to anyone else? I keep getting hit after the armor. Not even by like delayed moves, I've literally traded with people using it on more than a few occasions.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Weird how ex spray DoT doesn't mix with the regular venom DoT. Kind of pointless to have the DoT since the move always does the same damage and DoT's can't kill meaning it could cost you a round if the enemy has just over 13% hp left. Was hoping it would stack with regular venom for some nasty ticks.

Also, does venomous do less damage? I was able to get to almost 50% meterless but I can't get that high anymore. Don't know if I just forgot the combo or what.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
Weird how ex spray DoT doesn't mix with the regular venom DoT. Kind of pointless to have the DoT since the move always does the same damage and DoT's can't kill meaning it could cost you a round if the enemy has just over 13% hp left. Was hoping it would stack with regular venom for some nasty ticks.

Also, does venomous do less damage? I was able to get to almost 50% meterless but I can't get that high anymore. Don't know if I just forgot the combo or what.
Damage is still the same.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
You can still get puddle setups against characters with 10 frame or slower armors, even with the extra recovery by doing [starter] wgc 212~db1, njp, b21~db1, and hitting b21 at max height. @TopTierHarley and I were sitting on this as some armor breaking tech, but that's quite impossible now. It's less damage, but you can block wakeups or take your +3.

Does Venom's new armor seem very inactive to anyone else? I keep getting hit after the armor. Not even by like delayed moves, I've literally traded with people using it on more than a few occasions.
Yea it seems weird, I'm always trading hits with it.

KillaGthug4Life

Yup I stopped as well. I just cash out max damage
I prefer the b12 hard knockdown into, most likely, free pressure. Has anyone noticed a slight recovery delay off of bug throw in SQ? Kinda like the recovery off her puddle?

I just wish that D'vorah didn't need more than 66% of stamina to bug cancel. It means she can't really run in and pressure.. which is now a huge flaw in her game play.

"How many times do you connect a ji or get a punish in the corner? Not very often..."
I actually catch it very often

"Also, pray tell, how is an 8f d1 fast as balls? 7f is normal, 6f is fast AF."
I guess I may be over exaggerating but her d1 doesn't feel like 8 frames... also the hit advantage from it if you interrupt an attack 11b2 is a good follow up with the applied tick damage. it may not be fast af... but the range and hit advantage make up for it