What's new

Combo List - Liu Kang The New and Improved Liu Kang Combo Thread

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
He's still a good character, but I personally don't see the appeal of him anymore. I think him and Lao(to a much greater extent) have had their time in the sun and are now peaced out.

Seems the witch-hunt was successful. While A list was and is better. I don't understand this community. They started with the Lao witch-hunt yeah in the beginning he was ridiculous but was toned down and became the most honest top tier character character in the game no 50/50 bullshit just +12, a d4 and a grab button. I guess blocking a d4 was to complex for the community to grasp not knowing when doing so his pressure ended. But imo cage is the best in the game and always was (A list) they will start with him soon just wait.
Funny thing is i think im one of very few cages that will admit his pressure is stupidly good. All the cages i meet say the opposite. He does have bad mus granted but i still stand by what i say. His pressure is stupid good. Im lovin it lol :)

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Corner Metered
Medium/Hard--- F44~Windmill punches~Ex Jazz Hands~112~Windmill punches~Fireball--- 36%?, with buff--- ?

Hard--- F44~Windmill punches~Jazz hands~Ex Windmill punches, F12~Windmill punches~fireball--- 41%(Hard link for jazz hands into Ex punches)

Do these two still work? I realise it's always been tight execution so I might just suck at them but the link seems impossible

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Corner Metered
Medium/Hard--- F44~Windmill punches~Ex Jazz Hands~112~Windmill punches~Fireball--- 36%?, with buff--- ?

Hard--- F44~Windmill punches~Jazz hands~Ex Windmill punches, F12~Windmill punches~fireball--- 41%(Hard link for jazz hands into Ex punches)

Do these two still work? I realise it's always been tight execution so I might just suck at them but the link seems impossible
Good combos. But this is better: F44 ~ Windmill punches ~ Shaolin Flame ~ Windmill punches ~ low fireball . meterless 34% and you will be +6.

HateMe!

Noob
You can do 113 > B34 > B12~Bicycle Kick and either end in d+2 for damage or 2,2 for hard knockdown. I think it's the best meterless combo for Dualist midscreen.

Or you could end with something like f+4, flying kick, or whatever; I remember doing that a year ago, and I can't check other enders.

Last edited:
You can do 113 > B34 > B12~Bicycle Kick and either end in d+2 for damage or 2,2 for hard knockdown. I think it's the best meterless combo for Dualist midscreen.

Or you could end with something like f+4, flying kick, or whatever; I remember doing that a year ago, and I can't check other enders.
opps just read ur first combo . curtosy of curbolicious this combo . my bad i shouldnt skim read

HateMe!

Noob
What's the best ender to send them to the corner though, something like f+1,2~FK or DR?

Btw. I never thought about ending the combo in MB Throw, damn that's nice.

Last edited:

HateMe!

Noob
b34 and u4 midscreen combos, probably common knowledge but I didn't see them listed:
b34, f44~BK, d2 or b12~fk 31% (less meter for the opponent or corner carry and more meter for LK)
b34, f44~BK, 22/2b2 30% HKD
b34, f44~BK, f213~orb 30% unsafe setup for dualist

u4, rc, b34, b21~BK, d2 28%
u4, rc, b34, b21~BK, 22/2b2 27% HKD

Last edited:
I'm probably gonna get shit for this. But for this combo:

Medium/Hard--- B12//112//B33~EX Jazz Hands, Run, 113, b12, run, B12~Windmill Punches~Low fireball - ~35%

Wtf is Jazz Hands? Is that his DD1 or is FBF4? I'm new to Liu so I'm unsure which is being implied here.

Never mind. I figured it out.

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I'm probably gonna get shit for this. But for this combo:

Medium/Hard--- B12//112//B33~EX Jazz Hands, Run, 113, b12, run, B12~Windmill Punches~Low fireball - ~35%

Wtf is Jazz Hands? Is that his DD1 or is FBF4? I'm new to Liu so I'm unsure which is being implied here.[s/]

Never mind I figured it out.
Jazz hands = DD1

Jazz hands = DD1

and that combo is very good if you want to spend one bar in a midscreen combo. :D
Thanks. I was having problems understanding it at first because it mentioned to run cancel in the combo. At first I was doing B12, which doesn't require you to run cancel. So I started to assume it meant something else. But I figured out thatx depending on the string, you'll need to run cancel after the EX DB1.