What's new

The Nerf Armor for Vita is pretty good

It makes it more bulky but makes the grip a lot more comfortable for me. It is helping me transition from stick. I also tried the trigger grips, but did not like those. The trigger extensions felt a little loose, and the grip was not much different. Seems like it was made for shooters. On the other hand, the Nerf Armor makes it feel more like a dual shock to me, and the cushioning makes it more comfortable during extended use.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
It makes it more bulky but makes the grip a lot more comfortable for me. It is helping me transition from stick. I also tried the trigger grips, but did not like those. The trigger extensions felt a little loose, and the grip was not much different. Seems like it was made for shooters. On the other hand, the Nerf Armor makes it feel more like a dual shock to me, and the cushioning makes it more comfortable during extended use.
Is the Nerf Armor causing any scratches to your back screen? One guy review (gave it 3 stars) said that it was scratching the vita.

Confession: It never actually hit me that you were talking about an actual case until aj1701 mentioned it in a post lol

It doesn't actually touch the back touchpad, but it has this stupid cover for the back that would hold three games and snaps into place. It can be tough to get off, and I just don't use it. Maybe they scratched it with that? It does not offer full protection, more just like the back and sides. To me, it is more of a comfort thing than anything else.

I also just ordered the hori silicone skin to try it, we will see how that works, maybe less bulky.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
It doesn't actually touch the back touchpad, but it has this stupid cover for the back that would hold three games and snaps into place. It can be tough to get off, and I just don't use it. Maybe they scratched it with that? It does not offer full protection, more just like the back and sides. To me, it is more of a comfort thing than anything else.

I also just ordered the hori silicone skin to try it, we will see how that works, maybe less bulky.
Do you have a link for the hori one?

I needed grips, so I got the CTA grip. Pretty good, except the charging port on the bottom is blocked by the lock switch for keeping the Vita in the grip. Supposedly there is some way to amend it so you can charge it also, but I have to look into that.

I am also looking into getting the Datel grip, which is more like PS3 grip handles. Right now it's only out in Japan, but we'll see.

I'm not happy with the hori silicone case, it's a lot thinner than I expected. I do like that it covers the whole thing though. The thing I like the least about the nerf armor is is the added bulk, but it is what makes it more comfortable to hold and use. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337460357.108286.jpg

I got the nerf armor after this thread. E, you pretty much said everything there is to it and oh my god I played you online several times. FFFFFFF-

>name is gamertag

It's not bad, and while the front screen isn't really protected, the bulk around the sides really would make it impossible to hit the screen if you drop it flat unless you drop it on a rock or something.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Does anyone know about the ps vita trigger grip? Between the nerf armor and the trigger grip which one would you recommend?

Since we are all trying new cases, im gonna give this one a try and report later

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dreamGEAR - Comfort Grip Case - Black/5402736.p?id=1218643216938&skuId=5402736&st=ps vita accessories&cp=3&lp=5

EDIT: Damn it! I couldnt find it at the best buy by my job. Looks like im gonna have to order it online :-(
that case looks really promising, like the best of both the hori and the nerf. Its covers the front and is silicone, but still has the bulky ends to grab on to. Let us know how it works...