What's new

The Motherbox buying strats

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Swear to god i just thought about this today. On PS4 I legit never get shaders... I opened so many diamond and plats, no shaders.. got on Xbox and opened about 25 bronze ones and got around 6-8 shaders...

Aramonde

Noob
Swear to god i just thought about this today. On PS4 I legit never get shaders... I opened so many diamond and plats, no shaders.. got on Xbox and opened about 25 bronze ones and got around 6-8 shaders...
Im opening a ton of boxes right now. I had 400k and have unlocked a ton of Shaders and abilities. Mostly for fucking characters i dont play!!! (Robin and Green Lantern) And not one for the two i do play! :mad:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Im opening a ton of boxes right now. I had 400k and have unlocked a ton of Shaders and abilities. Mostly for fucking characters i dont play!!! (Robin and Green Lantern) And not one for the two i do play! :mad:
Damn I wish I would get shaders and especially abilities for Lantern.
Interesting concept you have here though

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I have all my characters leveled to 20 so I actually make a profit by buying bronze boxes since I get so much money back from selling the gear. Bronze is the way to go if you want shaders or gear moves. You even get epics from bronzes pretty often, sometimes even two from one box. Opening bronzes is very tedious but ultimately the best way right now.

aigislol

Noob
For real bronze is the way to go? After beating the story and all character tutorials, I'm sitting at around 140k.

I don't care so much about the quality of the gear than I do the aesthetics for ranked, although I know the gear can help you in the multiverse, which in turn, helps you get more dosh to spend on looty boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Should we request that they allow us to buy only the costumes and colors we want? I don't mind paying but I don't wanna spend my money on random chars I don't even use.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I just unlocked my 6th color for this bitch! I wish i could trade people for Brainiac colors! Lol

Edit: just got my 7th fuck me!
im the same fucking 7 lantern shaders and i dont even play him

btw where do i buy motherboxes?

My strategy is to forever hoard my credits until some special deal arrives on something or I can buy specifically what I want. I have like 1.5 million so far. Gets faster and faster as I level more characters.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
For real bronze is the way to go? After beating the story and all character tutorials, I'm sitting at around 140k.

I don't care so much about the quality of the gear than I do the aesthetics for ranked, although I know the gear can help you in the multiverse, which in turn, helps you get more dosh to spend on looty boxes
Especially in your case go for bronzes.

Should we request that they allow us to buy only the costumes and colors we want? I don't mind paying but I don't wanna spend my money on random chars I don't even use.
You can already technically do that with source crystals, although you can only get about 15k of them without spending any real world currency.
My strategy is to forever hoard my credits until some special deal arrives on something or I can buy specifically what I want. I have like 1.5 million so far. Gets faster and faster as I level more characters.
There's a bug going around making people unable to use their credits which made me start spending a lot more. I too wish they made some specials you can get with credits but I doubt it tbh. If you have a few lvl 20 characters I'd suggest you buy bronze boxes and then sell the gear you dont want and you shouldnt even lose money that way.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
From personal experience (And I have opened roughly 3000 boxes now) the best way to get Shaders and Abilities is to open bronze boxes.
This is cause Silver and Gold have a lower drop rate for common items, and Shaders are classified as common items.
And I have had a lot more success getting abilities from Bronze boxes, never seen them drop in gold or above, and appear more rarely in Silver.

The only downside is that you have to buy boxes 1 by 1 and if you have a good amount to spend and you want to go for bronze boxes it is going to take you a while.

But all in all, Shaders and Abilities, go for bronze, and yes you get set items from Bronze boxes too.

On a side note, the more level 20's you have, the more value you get out of any type of lootbox including bronze too.
I have every character at level 20, and I get anything from 50% to 200% of my credits back that I invested in a bronze box by reselling the gear.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So...I did a bit of an experiment tonight. I spent roughly 150k credits and kept track of everything I got. Here's the results:

Shaders - 21 total

Epic Gear - 24 total

Abilities - 9 total

It seems that for the cost, bronze is definitely the way to go. And as stated above, try to get as many characters to 20 as possible to get that high return on your purchase. I only have about 5 at level 20, but it's fairly easy to cheat the system. Just set up a multiplayer match between yourself and another controller. Leave the level handicap on and competitive mode off, and set the rounds to 1. It takes about an hour to get a character all the way to 20 this way.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
So...I did a bit of an experiment tonight. I spent roughly 150k credits and kept track of everything I got. Here's the results:

Shaders - 21 total

Epic Gear - 24 total

Abilities - 9 total

It seems that for the cost, bronze is definitely the way to go. And as stated above, try to get as many characters to 20 as possible to get that high return on your purchase. I only have about 5 at level 20, but it's fairly easy to cheat the system. Just set up a multiplayer match between yourself and another controller. Leave the level handicap on and competitive mode off, and set the rounds to 1. It takes about an hour to get a character all the way to 20 this way.
I can't stand grinding like this, I'd rather just watch a tv show while my ai play through multiverse.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I can't stand grinding like this, I'd rather just watch a tv show while my ai play through multiverse.
You can still watch tv while doing this though, just keep doing b3->f3 or f3->f3 depending on the character, doesnt take much consentration. This is way faster also.

John Grizzly

I didn't really grind. I just played the game as normal. You get tons of credits for just playing the game like you normally would. The only thing I wish they'd implement is the ability to just buy 100 bronze boxes at once or something. That way you can just open them over and over as opposed to buying one, opening it, going back to buy another and then opening that one and repeating.

wsj515

I didn't really grind. I just played the game as normal. You get tons of credits for just playing the game like you normally would. The only thing I wish they'd implement is the ability to just buy 100 bronze boxes at once or something. That way you can just open them over and over as opposed to buying one, opening it, going back to buy another and then opening that one and repeating.
Oh I wasn't referring to the boxes/credits, I was referring to your strategy of using multiplayer to level characters.

John Grizzly

Oh I wasn't referring to the boxes/credits, I was referring to your strategy of using multiplayer to level characters.
Ahh ok. Well, I basically just use it as combo practice when I do it. Matches literally take about 6 seconds once your level is that much higher than your opponents. So yeah, it is boring but you only have to do it once per character. I'm not in a super rush to get every good piece of gear already so I've only done it on a small handful.

I leveled Wonder Woman this way so I could easily get through her Multiverse event for that movie gear set. The full set looks really fucking good.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I've spent so many credits on gold boxes lol. And I've sold so many epic gears for characters that will be forever level 1 unless I get more source crystals. (how does one get those?)

My WW looks dope though thanks to the movie armor and a shader I bought with the crystals, so I'm good.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I have all my characters leveled to 20 so I actually make a profit by buying bronze boxes since I get so much money back from selling the gear. Bronze is the way to go if you want shaders or gear moves. You even get epics from bronzes pretty often, sometimes even two from one box. Opening bronzes is very tedious but ultimately the best way right now.
lol how do u even? all chars at Lvl 20? damn

Shaka

Tier Whore.
You can still watch tv while doing this though, just keep doing b3->f3 or f3->f3 depending on the character, doesnt take much consentration. This is way faster also.
It doesn't unlock as many things, letting the computer play multiverse unlocks way more things from my experience.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
It doesn't unlock as many things, letting the computer play multiverse unlocks way more things from my experience.
That is true but after you've got a few lvl 20s youre better off opening infinite amounts of bronze boxes anyway haha.

wsj515

For those of you doing the bronze box thing, are you finding a reasonable amount of character abilities?