What's new

The Motherbox buying strats

E

Eldriken

The "character bias" option for loot doesn't seem to work at fucking all. Per 20 pieces of gear, maybe 1 or 2 of them are for the character I'm currently using.

Im opening a ton of boxes right now. I had 400k and have unlocked a ton of Shaders and abilities. Mostly for fucking characters i dont play!!! (Robin and Green Lantern) And not one for the two i do play! :mad:
Lol, all I play is Robin and you think I can get some Epic gear or shaders?!?! Fuck no!! I have enough Joker and Black Adam gear/shaders to make anyone who mains them jealous. WTF!!!

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
For those of you doing the bronze box thing, are you finding a reasonable amount of character abilities?
I don't know what you mean by "reasonable amount" but I unlock them pretty often from bronzes yeah. Haven't gotten a single one from silver or gold box I don't think.

I spent over 200k on bronze & didn't get a single gear ability..

Afterwards I opened 2 silvers & got something. I bought more silver boxes & got another. Silver seems to be good for me..

I think this game give you cool shit for you're least played characters on purpose. My Cyboring is only a level three (only played him when I was forced to in Story Mode) I have every ability and shader unlocked but a majority of my level 20 characters I have Zero abilities and shaders unlocked except for Gods/Demons and what you unlock for beating the game.

I want that dam Cat Call ability for Cat Woman so I can get the Achievement

I think this game give you cool shit for you're least played characters on purpose. My Cyboring is only a level three (only played him when I was forced to in Story Mode) I have every ability and shader unlocked but a majority of my level 20 characters I have Zero abilities and shaders unlocked except for Gods/Demons and what you unlock for beating the game.

I want that dam Cat Call ability for Cat Woman so I can get the Achievement
I got that cat ability, what achievement?

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
The latest patch made bronze boxes now cost 5,000 credits and silver boxes cost 10,000... Everyone was asking for ways to buy/open multiple at once but they just made them cost a ton more, lol.

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
For Anyone on the Unlockable Ability Hunt... It appears they are helping us get abilities this weekend. Go to the Multiverse and look one of the smaller planets in the middle. There will only be one mission that is a boss. If you hit 2 when looking at the world you will see the extra rewards, one if which is a random ability.

I think they are on the 2nd one right now, the 1st one was available for 3 hrs. The 2nd and current one has a 5hr available timer. Good luck

EDIT: This will cost you 150k Credits each time you get an ability, i think its worth it instead of repeated fails of opening bronzes or whatever...

Sagrawa

Noob
Are you more likely to get it if your cat woman is a higher level?
Everything in the boxes is just random. It's only more likely to get something for a char when you are playing with them and get the random stuff after a battle.

On topic: The shaders are seen as 'common' and therefore it is best to get Bronze boxes if you want to get those. The abilities are seen as 'Epic' and will mostly be gotten by the better boxes.