Skarlet- 5/5
Smoke- 4/6
Sonya- 4/6
Stryker- 5/5
Sub-Zero- 5/5

Match ups in Shang Tsung's favor: 7

Even Match ups: 13

Bad Match ups: 10

EDIT: Changed the match up against Jade.

Discuss.

NKZero

Noob
Great list DetroitBalln313. Just have a few queries:

1. Why does he beat Sektor 6-4 (I thought initally 5-5)?
2. Why does he go even with Cage (I thought initally 4-6)?
3. Why does he lose so badly to Cyrax (I just wanna know this one. Not aware of the match-up at all tbh.)

Skitzo

Noob
I thought vs Kabal was 5/5. Seems a lot like the FK mu, but then again, Shang's zoning is mediocre compared to Freddys

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
Great list DetroitBalln313. Just have a few queries:

1. Why does he beat Sektor 6-4 (I thought initally 5-5)?
2. Why does he go even with Cage (I thought initally 4-6)?
3. Why does he lose so badly to Cyrax (I just wanna know this one. Not aware of the match-up at all tbh.)
I think the match against Sektor is slightly in Shangs favor because Shang can easily out zone him. Ground skulls catch him out of his iTU.
IKizzLE - What do you think about this match up?

He goes even with Cage because Shang can keep him out, but it's a pain once Cage gets in. Cage really has no answer to Shang Tsung's corner game. EX nut punch is extremely easy to bait.

The match up against Cyrax is extremely difficult because Shang has absolutely NO answer to anything Cyrax does.
You can't zone him AT ALL.
- All of Shang Tsung's combos rely on meter.
- One net from Cyrax = 50%+.
- Shang Tsung needs to break, and he needs meter for his combos.

NKZero

Noob
I think the match against Sektor is slightly in Shangs favor because Shang can easily out zone him. Ground skulls catch him out of his iTU.

He goes even with Cage because Shang can keep him out, but it's a pain once Cage gets in. Cage really has no answer to Shang Tsung's corner game. EX nut punch is extremely easy to bait.

The match up against Cyrax is extremely difficult because Shang has absolutely NO answer to anything Cyrax does.
Thanks man. With the Sektor match I just feel as if Sektor has better footsies and once he's in it's a pain in the ass for Shang to get Sektor away. Homing missile will negate a lot of Shang's zoning. I whole-heartedly agree that Shang outzones Sektor though. That is no doubt true and it prevents Sektor from teleporting. If one gets the other in the corner they could be in trouble. Sektor has to worry more about being in the right spacing. I dunno tbh perhaps iKiZZle has a better take on this. I think he thinks 5-5. Look at my Sektor match-up chart he might have put his chart up there as well in addition to SwiftTomHanks.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Pretty good list DetroitBalln313 I do have a couple of questions though. How are Raiden and Kitana 5-5 MU's? As far as I can tell, Raiden has every tool to destroy Shang's zoning, footsies, and rushdown. Kitana also seems to have better footises and I don't know what Shang does to get past IAF's besides trying to walk her to the corner and also use EX SS.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
As far as the Sektor MU goes, I definitely agree with Detroit. Not only can Sektor not blow up Shang's zoning, but his footsie game is also not as effective against Shang. He has to respect SS and GS, since one pushes back and the other provides +2 advantage on block. I also doesn't help that he has nor armor or good wake-ups to deal with Shang's pressure.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I would add .5 to Shang's dominance just because of how frustrated I get when I play a mirror.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Looks like you guys don't have "Ask Shang Tsung Thread".

Sorry for the random post in this thread and would feel bad to just create a new thread just for this, but here is my question.

Has Shang Tsung throw damage always been 9%?

I was under the assumption that all throws deal 12% damage. I am playing on a Vita by the way.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yes, with 3% health back.
oh that's neat :) thanks for the reply.

I also noticed that Jax regular throw does 8%. Maybe it will get up to 12 or more with the additional throw. And skarlet does 11%. Feel free to yell at me if im posting in the wrong forum or section :)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
no complaints here with the quan MU. Shang's ground fireball negates the skydrop, and trance will trade with air fireballs. still like to do a set with you at EVO

IKizzLE

BloodHound

After playing both woundcowboy and detroit....it definitely could be in shangs favor in the sektor matchup.
Zoning is out of the question. Anti zoning is out of the question.

Shangs pokes are just as good as sektors. Shang's d3 stuffs everything sektor does. It's a pain.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Hm. 5-5 is agreeable vs. Liu. Though I'd say 5.5-4.5 for Shang. Though we can stop Shang's zoning to some extent, he has those frame traps. I've never fought a legit Shang, so I wouldn't know who's pressure is better.

I guess adding decimals is a little picky. Who knows. Great chart though, I have a slight interest in Shang.

zaf

professor
detroit can you post your reasoning for ermac and shang being even? not that i disagree id just like your perspective since WoundCowboy believes this mu is a blowup