What's new

The most recent REO podcast episode is huge, and we should talk about it

Hi Guys. I wish you all a very good day.

I've listened to this episode of REO's podcast, and I think this is useful for all of us who play this game.

I got pretty reliefed afterwards because almost everything that was said by Brady, REO and Slips (which said a lot of harsh truths regarding mk11) I thought before listening to the podcast.

In this podcast they exposed basically everything wrong in MK11, and for me personally, the reason why any reasonable person should not compete or take this mess seriously.

Slips starts to speak at 43.00 min, and if you don't want to listen all the episode, at least this part. It is really good.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I hope it's not the one with Cherny whining, that he doesn't get games from "top players" because they're afraid of loosing to him :>>>>>

Last edited:

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I hope its not the one with Cherny whining that he doesn't get games from to players because they're afraid of loosing to him :>>>>>
lol you're a dumbass. I was talking about upload culture in general and how top players are soft in regards to it. I get games from top players all the time.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Also I appreciate you posting this @BRAZILIAN SHEEP. This is the most important conversation had about this game. It's hilarious that I've been saying everything they've talked about since couple months after release and no one has believed me. Also, the way they are speaking is how a lot of top players feel about the game as well. They're just never going to say this publicly for reasons discussed in this podcast.

The idea this is a neutral and footsie heavy game is a joke when the risk reward on the fuck neutral tools is not in line with what they offer on top of the oppressive set play this game has. It's hella degenerate at the highest level and I think anyone who honestly looks at the game can see this from a mile away.

Also I appreciate you posting this @BRAZILIAN SHEEP. This is the most important conversation had about this game. It's hilarious that I've been saying everything they've talked about since couple months after release and no one has believed me. Also, the way they are speaking is how a lot of top players feel about the game as well. They're just never going to say this publicly for reasons discussed in this podcast.

The idea this is a neutral and footsie heavy game is a joke when the risk reward on the fuck neutral tools is not in line with what they offer on top of the oppressive set play this game has. It's hella degenerate at the highest level and I think anyone who honestly looks at the game can see this from a mile away.
Well, tks man. You're welcome.

There are so many examples, so many....and even Dave trying to play de devils advocate is far fetched. Even him knows that this game, competitively, is not viable.

At 43.00 we hear everything we need to know. It is all there.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I dont really find Reo and the rest as entertaining as they used to be, but I'll see if I can stay interested.

honestly again i agree with them , the wake up system is probably the worst that NRS ever did. There is way too many option off your ass and some like FW Roll give you a combo and u2 and j etc.. i think this is why pro from other games dont take NRS games serriously.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
the reason why any reasonable person should not compete or take this mess seriously.
I’m sorry, this attitude sucks. Let the people who like the game continue to compete and enjoy themselves.

This is exactly how you do NOT grow a scene. You should never actively try to discourage people who are showing up and supporting their community from showing up. It is possible to constructively advocate for changes you want to see in a game without trying to destroy the thriving competitive environment at the same time.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, this attitude sucks. Let the people who like the game continue to compete and enjoy themselves.

This is exactly how you do NOT grow a scene. You should never actively try to discourage people who are showing up and supporting their community from showing up. It is possible to constructively advocate for changes you want to see in a game without trying to destroy the thriving competitive environment at the same time.
Of course I will let them do whatever they want, who am I?
And see, I am a consumer and I want to have fun playing games. All this talk about community for me is bogus and I don't give even a little tiny glimpse of fuck about that.

And even being a Mk fan, what is wrong has to be sad in order to, people make their judgements and for the next game the marketing team be more clear regarding what the game is about.
I started to have fun with this game when I started playing offline and in some cases in casual mode, because other than that....is spam tea bag kids tea bagging trolling spam spam 50 50 fatal blow plaaa in your face tea bag command grab 50 50 no anti air....it cant be healthy....

Honestly....if a person wants to compete in a game...at least pick one that is fair, or try to. Mk11 is not and it is clear now, seeing jaquis flying screen punch -7 on block, that all the bullshit is on pourpose.

Last edited:
And it is amazing the kids commenting here about the podcast, that is boring. That they are looking for an entertainer....
Everything has to be a candy, a burger....explosions, colours, action....because the attention span of the people nowadays is compromised so hard.....everything needs to be a show, man this is critical. Even the news on TV has to be a show otherwise people don't watch it.

Jbog

Noob
Get serious these guys have a bunch of good points regardless if they're old has beens they make totally legit arguments point on imo this game looks awesome but the gameplay is about ij2 boring pokefest and shit punish system no matter what thats a fact!!