What's new

The most broken setup I've ever invented

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Inb4 NRS drops a hotfix a week later just to nerf this :DOGE
I admit, I'm genuinely concerned that will happen. Hopefully, I'll take Sonya and Liu with me when that day comes. Let Raiden keep his though. 21~interactable grab/storm cell just seems like it'd be fun to watch in the corner.

Xzyj

Noob
she's not the only one, frost can do same thing with frostbomb but yeah, this is pretty cheap on interactible stages

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
is this why aggressive patching is lame as fuck.... there is so much dirt to find and explore still, the meta hadn't settled at all.

Second Saint

Thank you lmao, every time someone would post the juiciest tech possible here i’d cringe a little bit. Can’t be showing all the tricks off before they finish their patch y’know.

Well, sadly, the other video I had planned is now useless because the way they buffed her b34 inadvertently ruined everything. It was the culmination of months of effort into orbiting bug tech and it was...fucking intricate. I did a write up on it before, but it had evolved since then. Basically, you can back dash cancel mid combo to give more room for strep to home in, which would let you do b34 and be something like +12-20 depending on how they blocked it, but there was a gap they could potentially poke/d2 through, If it hit, you could go straight into another setup, and this was all with meterless bug. The way it evolved was that I discovered an OS where if you block for the tiniest fraction of a second after b34, where the gap was, you'd block all their poke attempts and still have time to jail 12.

This doesn't work anymore because b34 is worse on block now and always switches sides in the corner, so the setup is effectively unusable. A lot of the midscreen stuff Mayo has posted doesn't work anymore because delayed wakeup just flat beats it now that b34 comes out on whiff.

This isn't to say that the new b34 is bad, far from it, but the ways it's different have certainly been problematic for R&D. We're back to the drawing board on a lot of stuff.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
is this why aggressive patching is lame as fuck.... there is so much dirt to find and explore still, the meta hadn't settled at all.
I don’t think there being findable dirt is a good enough reason to not do minor tuning after months.

A game could not be touched for years and people would probably still end up finding tech, it’s happened before. But that does nothing to address core issues.

Besides I’d rather they improve the lesser characters at base than have them depends on exploits like this that, as nice as they are for the mains, shouldn’t be in the game.

Second Saint

I don’t think there being findable dirt is a good enough reason to not do minor tuning after months.

A game could not be touched for years and people would probably still end up finding tech, it’s happened before. But that does nothing to address core issues.

Besides I’d rather they improve the lesser characters at base than have them depends on exploits like this that, as nice as they are for the mains, shouldn’t be in the game.
Couldn't agree with this more. You can't hold this up as a reason not to have a patch. It's a setup that works on four stages, in specific corners, and is inconsistent on two of those due to the size of some characters hurtboxes. So it's not like it makes a huge difference in the overall viability of a character.