What's new

The Mortal Kombat Encyclopedia Project

As some of you may know, our petition has been circulating Twitter and Mortal Kombat fan sites. Our petition is not for a character, or some other type of inclusion into MKX, but for this book to be created. I have reached out to Shawn Kittlesen, who has since tweeted about his interest in this project. We have reached 3000, but I'd like to get this more exposure.

What this book is, or will be is a hardcover encyclopedia type book. Think the Marvel and DC Encyclopedias. It would go in depth about every character in the Mortal Kombat universe, their iterations, history, changes, etc. It would also cover the places/stages/memorable moments within the timeline. I have included in the petition that this book should indeed cover both time lines, along with background on different races, species, whatnot. This type of book would probably require some time, however, MK's 25th anniversary is coming up, and this would be an essential collector's item.

I believe that TYM is a pretty big community, and would love for you guys to help us out and sign and share our petition. What we are asking for is a hardback type book, an encyclopedia if you will. Something that would cover Mortal Kombat from its beginnings to now, both timelines, and all the various relations, characters, places, races, etc. We reached out to Shawn Kittelsen because he would like to write it. I've also reached out to Dominic Giancolo, and Brian Chard has recently retweeted our petition. This can be real, we just need to continue making noise.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na

Here is the post from Kittelsen (One of them): https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/614213208799219712

Please help us out guys, this would be tremendous.

Thank you.

MK Lore Encyclopedia.jpg

Attachments

I apologize. I thought I had, I guess that I had cut/copied that part out.

What this book is, or will be is a hardcover encyclopedia type book. Think the Marvel and DC Encyclopedias. It would go in depth about every character in the Mortal Kombat universe, their iterations, history, changes, etc. It would also cover the places/stages/memorable moments within the timeline. I have included in the petition that this book should indeed cover both time lines, along with background on different races, species, whatnot.

This type of book would probably require some time, however, MK's 25th anniversary is coming up, and this would be an essential collector's item.

I'm not trying to be smart, but isn't that what the Mortal Kombat Wiki is? http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_Wiki

It has this information and it could be expanded upon.
Sort of. However this would be a physical copy of the lore put forth by the actual folks writing the game, and Shawn. So this would be official, from the horse's mouth type stuff. Also, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc all have books similar to this.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I have wanted something like this for years. One of the best parts of the Final Fantasy games (or similar) is getting the brady/prima guide and just reviewing it like an encyclopedia. Having high quality images for each character/iteration; illustrations of moves/fatalities; biography/interactions with other characters; favorite type of cambell's soup; etc. That would be sweet.

I have wanted something like this for years. One of the best parts of the Final Fantasy games (or similar) is getting the brady/prima guide and just reviewing it like an encyclopedia. Having high quality images for each character/iteration; illustrations of moves/fatalities; biography/interactions with other characters; favorite type of cambell's soup; etc. That would be sweet.
Then please, sign and share. :)

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
I've seen people say things like "there's already a Mortal Kombat Wiki" and "what about the Mortal Kombat Bible?" Well, I compile, write and maintain the Mortal Kombat Bible, and I think you're nuts if you aren't remotely interested in holding something like this in your hands.

*signed*

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
this sounds cool, but I think NRS is still trying to figure out what's canon and what isn't.
lots of things are in the air because of the comic book.

Hey, this book is to help fans better understand the lore, the canon, and the characters. It would finally force those crafting the world of MK to put it into words and into something concrete.

I appreciate it.

I'm also trying to get word to Maximillion to do a video about it, but It appears I'm having little to no luck. Having him help out by just doing like a 2-3 minute video would probably put us over 5000.