What's new

The MK11 New Meta and Gameplay Info Thread

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
To those who have the game, how do you perform a breakaway? Is it the same as a breaker so Forward+Block?

Can the op maybe touch on variants? I dont understand them in this game. It seems like you just invent your own, yet i keep seeing people talk about tournament variants. I have just been playing the story tonight though

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You guys don't buy any chance know how to buy cosmetic shit, weapons and costumes do ya with real money? I2 we saw the options unless we HAD to unlock it in the game but I don't see the option anywhere except for that "timed sale thing" on the main menu with random items, costumes etc that you can buy with time crystals. I found where to buy time crystals but I don't see the options to buy anything you want.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
You guys don't buy any chance know how to buy cosmetic shit, weapons and costumes do ya with real money? I2 we saw the options unless we HAD to unlock it in the game but I don't see the option anywhere except for that "timed sale thing" on the main menu with random items, costumes etc that you can buy with time crystals. I found where to buy time crystals but I don't see the options to buy anything you want.
you can only buy time Crystals with IrL money.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Can the op maybe touch on variants? I dont understand them in this game. It seems like you just invent your own, yet i keep seeing people talk about tournament variants. I have just been playing the story tonight though
Ranked/ tourney modes. the rest you can customize.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
you can only buy time Crystals with IrL money.
I figured it out, thanks though. Apparently you can only buy random stuff they put up outfits, weapon elements, clothe pieces, easy fatalities, brutalities, fatalities etc at random every day daily, these things are also in the krypt so unfortunately it's a roll of the dice/random as to what they put up. So for example if you want a certain outfit or staff or hat whatever the case is, and you can't find it in TOT, Krypt, AI battle whatever. You have to just wait to see it and can buy it with real money via your time crystals. I2 IMO did this better, but it's whatever.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So does ranked have a skill based matchmaking? or is it completly random like in MKX
MKX wasn’t random after the patch. They used an Elo-style system to match you up with people who were performing similarly to you, with a fallback for the case when a sufficient pair couldn’t be found quickly enough.

MK11 is similar — as you win more, you will be matched against people who are winning more/ranked more highly.

Perdidit

Your soul is mine!
Go to Kustomize>Characters, then select the character you wish to play. Select either create kustom variation or one of the existing ones. Go to abilities, press X or Square to use a preset. Scroll down until you see a trophy icon next to the names. These are the ranked/tournament variations.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Could someone make a thread listing all of the moves with wonky hitbox issues? If all of the information is available in one place it will have more chance of getting sorted. Plus it helps to know when learning a new character. I would do it but im not great at maintaining these sort of things. :D