What's new

The MK11 New Meta and Gameplay Info Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think krushing blows will be interesting because they will push players to use every string available. Usually in MK and Injustice, the players just stick to the optimal strings, now there will be a reason to make use of strings that otherwise wouldn't be of much use.
Yup! And not to mention there's an option that lets you trigger CB's if you hold the button of the specific CB attack so you can choose when to trigger them and then explore even more combo options that way. I can't wait for this game, even if the gameplay is slower like SFV I'm glad I won't have to do run cancels anymore. We're going to be able to really focus on footsies and learn different ways to extend combos.

As someone who hasn't followed the discussion much: why is getting rid of the running a good thing? I thought running was good by itself, just bad in the sense of "run in, do 50/50". Without the heavy 50/50-focus, what's the reasoning behind removing run? Personally, I'd rather have running than Tekken seizure mode wavedashing / MK9 crabwalk bonanza.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
As someone who hasn't followed the discussion much: why is getting rid of the running a good thing? I thought running was good by itself, just bad in the sense of "run in, do 50/50". Without the heavy 50/50-focus, what's the reasoning behind removing run? Personally, I'd rather have running than Tekken seizure mode wavedashing / MK9 crabwalk bonanza.
Because such strong mobility weakens the neutral game, and matches are more about who can keep their turn going for as long as possible. That doesn't reward fundamentals and it get frustrating after the initial hype for the game is gone.

Does anybody know if there are different basic and kombo attacks for different variations like in MKX or we will only be able to customize special moves?

Does anybody know if there are different basic and kombo attacks for different variations like in MKX or we will only be able to customize special moves?
baraka has a "special" which when you add it in the menu makes a punch string be executed with the blade. i guess stuff like that will be in.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
We know that special moves will be one thing we can change in those variations, but I don't think they specified anything about being able to change certain strings. That's how it was in MKX though, so there's a chance it may be like that too.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Looks like normals/strings too. Scorpion has some stuff outside of specials that's variation-dependent.

Personally, I'd rather have running than Tekken seizure mode wavedashing / MK9 crabwalk bonanza.
LOL I have to agree with that. So far MK11 seems to have fixed this quite well. I can't say i recall anything that looked overly bad with regards to janky movement due to dashing/blocking. Still early days though.

Looks like normals/strings too.
Yeah, latest K&M video on Scorpion shows this. Pretty much seems to be like MKX - different specials /normals/strings.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Quick question about the KB.

It's been confirmed that you can only use one type per match, and that the character can have a range of them (one character might have 5, another might have 6). Different parameters and damage. However, with combos-

Say you won round one without having to use any, but qualified two of them. So then is it X) two separate KBs can combo together or Y) it is restricted to one KB per combo regardless?

I'm thinking, if you can strategically link two KBs into a combo (say one near the start and one near the end) you may be able to pull off some major damage in a round. I've seen a KB combo end in a FB, but not a double KB combo. Can anyone confirm you can do this or has it been mentioned on stream that I missed?

BSJeebus

Future Karate Expert
It will be insane if someone manages to perform all of a characters Krushing Blows in one combo. It would essentially be an X-Ray.

It will be insane if someone manages to perform all of a characters Krushing Blows in one combo. It would essentially be a X-Ray.
It would not be insane, it would impossible since you can only do ONE Krushing Blow per game.
EDIT: Nevermind, I was wrong.

Last edited:

Rearawt

Noob
Wait I'm not too sure anymore. Krushing Blow is that conditional X-ray thing-y stuff right? And Fatal Blow is the life-based Super?
Yes, and yes. You can do each one of a character's Krushing Blows once per match, all 5-6 of them. Fatal Blow is also once per match.