What's new

The MK11 New Meta and Gameplay Info Thread

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Where was the stamina bar? I saw offense and defense bars... is stamina also defense?
Imagine meter is the new stamina bar. Where just like you dont build stamina in mkx, you’re not building meter. It’s recharging over time. Not only that but you have 4 bars of meter divided into 2 exclusively for offense options and 2 exclusively for defense options.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Imagine meter is the new stamina bar. Where just like you dont build stamina in mkx, you’re not building meter. It’s recharging over time. Not only that but you have 4 bars of meter divided into 2 exclusively for offense and 2 exclusively for defense.
So they were calling all 4 bars together the stamina bar? Ok, that makes sense! thanks

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
There is no stamina bar because there isnt any run in this game. It’s the meter system both offense and defense bars , it works like the mkx stamina bar.
That's why I was asking, because it didn't look like their was one, but in the stream ppl kept saying stamina bar.

I know how the four bars I saw work lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
On the EU stream Derek said that some Krushing Blows are specific distance-activated.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Injustice had meterless semi inv that are unsafe on block unless you spent meter in some cases to make them safe on block. MK11 apparently has fully invinicble metered wakeups. Practically the same situation. The big difference is the meter system in general.

What kinda baby game would have a meter system that doesnt reward proper management. Think about stamina in MKX. Some characters would have to spend stamina just to get in and then use more stamina to pressure with cancels. Or on defense use stamina to push block, but now you cant backdash because that also costs stamina meter.

That’s how these dumb resource management rules systems they put in play out. It limits and its boring.
I see your point but I think it will still reward you for managing your two bars and thinking critically about when to use your stuff. Honestly I think it sounds great in the context of the defensive bar for wakeups and interactables. They just need to give you enough options to make the offensive bar interesting.

In NRS, I think lopsided meter building is one of the most common issues in bad matchups, particularly in matchups where one character zones out the other. So I'm also excited about how that changed the gameplay.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
From what I gather, meter burning has been replaced with something they're calling "amplify" which is more timing-specific and will change a lot with individual moves.

If anyone has more info on this let me know.

King Cash

Next Level
From what I gather, meter burning has been replaced with something they're calling "amplify" which is more timing-specific and will change a lot with individual moves.

If anyone has more info on this let me know.
Yea amplify is the new “mb” so basically you do a special then amplify which can be a single or repeated button press or a direction + button press. I saw mb roll but I couldn’t do it, an it was not in the menu that I saw

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Imo Ketchup and Mustard have some of the best gameplay so far:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/365398259?t=1h44m18s

Looks like they had more time with it than most of the US players had before their sets.
I’m so happy with what I’m seeing. Tbh my “MK11 meta hopes” thread was essentially a shot in the dark. But it seems my hopes to an extent are coming true for MK11. If you’re at ALL a competitive player, this reveal was the hypest and best thing we’ve seen from NRS ever. I really didn’t think they were gonna go this route, and unbelievably happy that they did!