What's new

The MK11 Hot Takes Thread

Hot take: Joker with his hat on looks EXACTLY like Cassie Cage. It's like Cassie wearing a fake nose, feels really off every time I see it.

Another hot take: IJ2 skin system was better.

DeftMonk

Noob
mk11 is not part of the evo usa 2020 lineup
ya i just saw that. Kinda sad. The answer as to why is probably something more similar to what that one Jax dude was saying. NRS realized their plan for mk11 (longer support yadda yadda) has a much lower dollar return to development time (investment) than just releasing a new game. Hopefully not this though.

People assuming its due to the fact NRS competitive community are crybabies or whatever silly reason (mk11 balance is strike throw) are way off base.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
Hot take: this is actually a good fighting game.

A lot of people aren’t open-minded enough to accept that it doesn’t play the way (insert other game here) plays. And it’s easier to complain than to adapt. But that’s actually one of the things I like about it.
NaH bRo YoU jUsT dOn'T gEt tHe GaMe tHaT's WhY yOuR a HaTeR. Yeah right.
Your type are the one's at the shallow end of the swimming pool on their bellies talking bout 'come and enjoy the swim', with half your damn body sticking out, while the rest of us are standing over you watching the water splash our ankles wondering what you mf's talking about.
:DOGE

NaH bRo YoU jUsT dOn'T gEt tHe GaMe tHaT's WhY yOuR a HaTeR. Yeah right.
Your type are the one's at the shallow end of the swimming pool on their bellies talking bout 'come and enjoy the swim', with half your damn body sticking out, while the rest of us are standing over you watching the water splash our ankles wondering what you mf's talking about.
:DOGE
LOL

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Poke system is fucked
Jumps are busted
Wakeup system is fucked
Fatal blows are busted
Risk / reward in many moves are fucked
Breakaway and interactable inputs are fucked