What's new

The MK11 Hot Takes Thread

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Just drop your controversial opinion on the game here. I think my take is pretty controversial considering how much I see this point argued about.

The absolute scrubbiest mentality I see in MK11 that is flat out incorrect is that "the game has too many wakeup options". You can literally bypass 5/6 of the entire system with safe jumps and jump overs that are available to 90% of the cast to where forward roll is the only read you have to make. If anything, the wakeup options aren't good enough against a lot of top tiers

Chernyy Volk

mk doesn't need to be about footsies, neutral, and methodical play. save that for street fighter. mk should be the degenerate counterpart to sf. you think in MORTAL KOMBAT that these highly trained killing machines care about spacing, footsies, and neutral?
Actually I do lol

I think MK would be more interesting if those things were there, but I understand people who enjoy MK for what it is.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
My biggest gripe is the buffering system sick of trying cool optimal kombos just to have my d1 not come out cause i dont mash a million times widen them shits NRS

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
The variation system should have been MKX's gimmick only. This game should have just had the characters with most of their loadout moves on them. Right now characters feel so barebone even with some of the best character variations. Like Searing rage and Reborn should just be how Scorpion always is. Yeah the game would be more wild but it would way more fun imo.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
The variation system should have been MKX's gimmick only. This game should have just had the characters with most of their loadout moves on them. Right now characters feel so barebone even with some of the best character variations. Like Searing rage and Reborn should just be how Scorpion always is. Yeah the game would be more wild but it would way more fun imo.
Imagine cetrion with groud pound geyser teleport wall all in one lol she would be broke

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
EVERY character with a variation option of additional strings should have had all of those strings in their base kit. No exceptions. This "variation-only strings" thing only worked in MKX cause some variations had specific weapons unique to that variation (Machete Jason, Tarkatan Alien, Bartitsu Bo Rai Cho, etc.). Everyone always has their respective weapons now. Them magically being able to use them slightly differently is stupid.

Sazbak

Noob
Lots of MK stuff are not beginner friendly but scrub friendly. Big difference. Characters here can more or less - depending on the character how much - fuck neutral in the ass and encourage button mashing while discouraging proper movement, spacing and timing. The 'knowledge' you gain in this game is difficult to translate to another fighting game. I think this is a bad game to start your fighting game career with if you are in it for the long run because of all the bad habits you need to unlearn and actual skills to learn later.
Fatal Blow is probably one of the worst offender since it's a general mechanic. It should have freeze frame like in Tekken so you can't be randomed out if you expect it to come.

Actually I do lol

I think MK would be more interesting if those things were there, but I understand people who enjoy MK for what it is.
i have absolutely nothing against footsies and neutral games. I play sf and a lot of other fighting games but mk characters wanna bash eachothers brains in

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
MK11 sucks so much a hardcore fan like me, who still plays 9 and X has stopped playing since august cause it’s boring AF! Towers don’t help either. Custom variation? Don’t care about them, I’d take one variation and more chaarcters over the ability of creating my own variation, which unavoidably, would be broken as fuck, cause NRS knows shit about balance. Yeah, also breakaway system sucks ass, whoever came up with it should be burned in hell without queue. The one who came up with making the opponent’s inputs mess up during breakaway should be fired.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I wanna give a hot take but MK11 has spent more time UNINSTALLED on my machine than played so...

My hot take is: I hate new characters being introduced into the game. To me it should be a permanent roster from the start and that's it. Companies like NRS already have a tall order to balance the initial 20 characters and keep introducing new ones that completely wrecks the current state of the game.

Chernyy Volk

Wake up system is garbage that rewards the person knocked down more than the person who got the knockdown. Delay wakeup needs to cost a bar of defence.

Air breakaway is inferior to breaker.

Meter recharging on it's own is dumb.
That first point is blatantly untrue if you actually lab the game and understand it.

That first point is blatantly untrue if you actually lab the game and understand it.
depends on characters, example some character u3 anti air so it covers multiples options. neutral jumping or jumping doesnt work on everyone. Even walking back doesnt example skarlet u3 and even scorpion u3 travels far. Sindel is the perfect example of my point. but of course if you play shang.. you can jump on him all day.