What's new

Strategy The mindgame post-112

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Decided to explore 112 further:
112 is plus enough that you get to dash in and do it again before the opponent can poke if they are stand-blocking. This is really good because of the corner carry, which is where Nightwing excels. Obviously if they duck the 1 it'll whiff and they can poke, or they can just mash D1 or D2. This creates a mixup between blocking high and being pushed to the corner, or poking/ducking and getting hit by an overhead:
You can get some big damage from the J3 if you're near an interactable:
If the opponent tries to jump the J3 will catch them. However they can backdash the 11 (here) 2, or backdash after the 112. Whilst they can't punish you after either of the backdashes, it gets them out of pressure. So this is where your knowledge of your opponent and your ability to make reads comes in. If you read a backdash between 11 and 2, you can 11 xx MB Ground Pound/Flying Grayson to catch them, and if you read a backdash after the 112 you can B2.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I never really saw Nightwing players use 112 that often and kept getting hit by their follow-up after it if I blocked 'cause I didn't know the shit was plus on block. >_<

Changed that real effin' fast.

But since we're on the topic of Nightwing: WHY THE FUCK HAS THERE BEEN SO MANY OF THEM LATELY? They're all coming out of of nowhere! Legions of them. EVERYWHERE.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I never really saw Nightwing players use 112 that often and kept getting hit by their follow-up after it if I blocked 'cause I didn't know the shit was plus on block. >_<

But since we're on the topic of Nightwing: WHY THE FUCK HAS THERE BEEN SO MANY OF THEM LATELY? They're all coming out of of nowhere! Legions of them. EVERYWHERE.
The sausages (dicks)tend to become more common towards summer:(

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
its Like a part of me knew this bu twas never balsy enough to just run up and do it lol.

Anyone know how fast NW forward escrima dash is?

macro

Eezeepeezee

The main reason that you don't see Nightwing players do it that much against you is because the first part is a high and all Doomsday players are like D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 ES

E

Eldriken

The main reason that you don't see Nightwing players do it that much against you is because the first part is a high and all Doomsday players are like D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 D1 ES
You must mean everyone else except for me and a few select others. I don't mash d1 that much. You know this from experience. :p

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The one thing I like in competitive gaming is downplaying the character to fuck with your opponents head, and after they underestimate you you beat the shit out of them in a match so the next time they dont fuck with you no more lol.

AssassiN

Noob
its Like a part of me knew this bu twas never balsy enough to just run up and do it lol.

Anyone know how fast NW forward escrima dash is?
Escrima forward dash: 20 frames
Staff forward dash: 23 frames
Stance change cancel: 12 frames

Tested this stuff out against GL's Lift(-26 on block), except the Staff forward dash which was tested against DS Low Sword Spin(-29 on block).
It felt like Staff-to-Escrima was faster than Escrima-to-Staff but it's the same.

With the Escrima forward dash being 20 frames, it's possible to punish GL's Lift at max distance with a dash forward followed up with 113~Fury.
When you are in Staff, you can change to Escrima and cancel that into Escrima Fury(14 frame start-up) to punish lift.
This stuff has to be done to the frame, the forward dash into 113 is a lot more viable to use than stance change into Fury.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Too much work.

The purpose of D12 is to set up 112. On hit it grants a safe jump that with j2 will jail to 112. That's my main setup.

I know right...too cool :cool:
I'll contribute

if your opponent wont stop tech rolling in the corner that means they cant wake up so end your combo in anything but 113 and then whiff 112. they will be forced to block
you can whiff 112 on a 113 knock down also but they may wake up lol. I used to use this pre patch but kept getting woken up on

whiffing 112 works really good on quick stand combos

also any safe jump set up into a J3 gets a free 112 blah blah blah you know the rest.