What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Only played for a few minutes because of fucking Physics.

Nice movement. Initial start-up on her forward walk is very nice. Air Sai made me sad. Ravenous is going to be where it's at. If some of her Anti-Airs were just a frame or two faster, shit would be OD.

Peace.

Eyedentical

That's it? That's all you got?
After gathering some info on strings and what's optimal with or without meter my early assumption is that Ravenous and Piercing will be her go to variations for many people. I'm thinking Ethereal will take more time to understand but will be mostly for resets. She's quite fun but requires a good amount of thinking due to her very unsafe set of moves. Loving her though, hope you guys are too!

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
After gathering some info on strings and what's optimal with or without meter my early assumption is that Ravenous and Piercing will be her go to variations for many people. I'm thinking Ethereal will take more time to understand but will be mostly for resets. She's quite fun but requires a good amount of thinking due to her very unsafe set of moves. Loving her though, hope you guys are too!
I felt the same when I was messing around in training mode. Ethereal will definitely take the most time but it's the variation I want to play the most. Either way she is quite fun so far and looking forward to how we all will develop the character

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
I was reading on another thread that you could be grabbed when teleporting in Ethereal, so that really dings the viability of that variation for me... though I can see how it'll be fun to use to stuff zoners all night. But yea, that throw...

Right now, I'm highly considering Ravenous. Yea, it's got lots of throws and what not... and I'm not really that kind of player who likes that... but her combos aren't what I was expecting them to be (i.e. more 50/50s, better mix-up game, etc). Also, Piercing doesn't seem to have as much damage advantage that it was initially billed to have.

Either way, I'll go to the lab and examine more.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I was reading on another thread that you could be grabbed when teleporting in Ethereal, so that really dings the viability of that variation for me... though I can see how it'll be fun to use to stuff zoners all night. But yea, that throw...
ye also it would be really nice if you could dash cancel out of a held ethereal teleport,
might have more want to use it then cause so far its still bottom of the 3 for me interest wise

TheGabStandard

ye also it would be really nice if you could dash cancel out of a held ethereal teleport,
might have more want to use it then cause so far its still bottom of the 3 for me interest wise
That would be nice. I'm the opposite in that Ethereal is the variation I'm interested in most but accept it will take the most amount of work to yield good results

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
I'm anxious to see the matchup thread when it pops up. I'm taking my Milly to the lab again and trying out the combos from that other thread (#shamelessplug) and hoping to find a good BnB and strategy with her. I must admit that my MK chops are rusty, given that I haven't touched MK9 in at least a year, so playing and getting used to MKX is a little tougher for me. Also, I'm an old fart.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
So after playing all day, she is the character who has stolen my heart game play wise! So fellow mileena followers welcome me your newest member! I'm on xbone if anyone wants to play GT bettyswallaux

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
How are you guys punishing things? I feel like most of her normals are too slow to get a good punish on things. :/

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
I finally got MKX fully downloaded on Steam, I jump in the game, head straight for the tutorial. Wrapping the tutorial up I go straight to Training Mode with Mileena, and for the ones who might know me here, you know the first thing I tried first to see if it existed in MKX.

EDIT: And nevermind,

EDIT: More like what you can't do anymore below. At least the sai projectile travels faster in the air if you launch it off the ground, so they did not completely take the tech away, just most of it.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I finally got MKX fully downloaded on Steam, I jump in the game, head straight for the tutorial. Wrapping the tutorial up I go straight to Training Mode with Mileena, and for the ones who might know me here, you know the first thing I tried first to see if it existed in MKX.

And . . .

now put the AI on reversal and watch how bad they get fucked up on block, no plus frames ia's anymore :(
we can still do them full screen but they are not the monster they once were

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
now put the AI on reversal and watch how bad they get fucked up on block, no plus frames ia's anymore :(
we can still do them full screen but they are not the monster they once were
Son of a bitch, yep.

I can't even get a roll follow up after hitting the AI in the air after a "insta air sai". Air sai's travel faster at least, but yea time to edit my post.

Last edited:

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Have you guys experimented with ending combos with sweep or Standing 3? When I'm playing Ravenous, it annoys me how far my HKD options send the opponent.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
What are you guys using to punish things? Most of her strings are to slow/not enough reach to me. Reversal roll?

TheGabStandard

EDIT: And nevermind,

EDIT: More like what you can't do anymore below. At least the sai projectile travels faster in the air if you launch it off the ground, so they did not completely take the tech away, just most of it.

So guess what. Timing is hard but you can do instant air sais jumping back. What you do is when you jump back you input
db,d,df in one motion. If you do it quick enough you nail instant sais

TheGabStandard

That's strange, I'm on PS4 and they aren't on the list, wonder if I have to click on them? It's not in front of me right now though. Thanks
when you pause bring up the full move list. Details of all the chain grabs are in there under Low Pounce and High Pounce special moves