What's new

Breakthrough The Math Quanology - All 4 video guides to understanding Quan's meter

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Presenting... Once Upon a Quan: The Math of Quan pt 3.

For the final installment of the Quan Math/Science series, we're going to take a close look at the EX Skull, Rune Trap frame data, and single bar combo damage to end the match. It's been a pleasure serving you guys.

Once Upon a Quan: The Math of Quan pt. 3
(The EX Skull, Rune Trap frame data, and 1-bar combo enders)

I've published a lot of Math/Science for Quan Chi since November 2011, and it's all too spread out through the forums, so everything related to Quan's Meter can now be found in this thread. Below the new video are the previous videos: The Dawn Of A New Quan, The Math Of Quan, and "Quanculations": (The Math of Quan part 2) to show the evolution of this week over a full year.

The Dawn of a New Quan
(Calculating Runes from combo starters, and "The Mayo Trap")
The Math of Quan
(Building Runes from block strings, and the 4th Rune)
"Quanculations": The Math of Quan pt. 2
(100% damage Rune Trap setups)
The Science of Science: Making a Mayo Video
@STB Shujinkydink​
@Insuperable​
@HGTV DrFlash44​
@KingRey​
@AdmiralAugustus​
@TONY-T​

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
I had a sneaking suspicion that 2, 1, 2 after a sky drop wasn't completely unavoidable. Shame it's not a true jail, but glad to see the methods to avoid it aren't so bad ;). Proper work mate!

Yeah man. 113 should be entirely if you input it right.
Nice videos--they're always so well edited :)

The problem I had when I used 113 is that if you let off of block after the 11 and let the 3 hit you, the rune misses. For this reason, if I want to be really sure to trap them, 11 rune.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Nice videos--they're always so well edited :)

The problem I had when I used 113 is that if you let off of block after the 11 and let the 3 hit you, the rune misses. For this reason, if I want to be really sure to trap them, 11 rune.
It shouldn't after a skydrop. But in pressure it might.

Fangoria19

Groovy
I know using meter for runes give quan an amazing come back factor but what are your thoughts on using meter for enhanced trance to strip breakers or armored skydrop to avoid pressure? Are these relevant options anymore?

I know using meter for runes give quan an amazing come back factor but what are your thoughts on using meter for enhanced trance to strip breakers or armored skydrop to avoid pressure? Are these relevant options anymore?
It really depends on the situation--I use ES trance to stop a breaker, if I know that my combo/trap will kill them minus the meter I will be spending to drain theirs. If my combo/trap won't kill them minus the meter needed to ES trance them, I'll save it. To win a round using the above described, I can personally justify all situations:

Round 1: Close out the round, you have no meter, but you can use the second round to build full meter for the 3rd round if necessary.
Round 2- You won round 1: Goes without saying really, you win the match, so spending your meter won't matter.
Round 2- You lost round 1: If any scenario is debatable, it's this one. If you use it, you stay alive, but put yourself at disadvantage for the 3rd round. Though in my mind, if you don't win the 2nd round, it won't matter so I use it to stay alive. It's kind of a question of whether you want to gamble now or later--I like to gamble in the 3rd round with fresh health.

Fangoria19

Groovy
Yeah meter management is a very situational deal, its just no one ever talks about using quans meter for anything other than rune, thats why i wondered whether his other tools were even worth using at a high level. Like if I was to play a really good jax or cage, they stick to you like glue and that armored skydrop becomes your best friend but it really is situational like you said with using any of his meter. Also if you dont gamble, you dont get anything in return so always push the chips all in on the third round.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
EX Skydrop can get you out of the corner, but don`t count on it actually hitting them.

EX Trance is absolutely crucial to a good Quan`s game. You need to calculate their life and your meter and their meter, and you`ll know when it`s the right moment. When people panic at the end of a match with low life, and they jump, you can AA 1 them into EX Trance. Take the break, and then take 30% in a combo for jp B2 1, B2 1, B1 1 Rune.

Take a moment and watch "The Dawn Of A New Quan" and look at The Mayo Trap at the end of it.

Fangoria19

Groovy
I've practiced it alot and yeah its the most risky thing using ex skydrop to hit someone but its good for evasion and yeah the mayo trap is the most brutal bs trap ever, need more mayo on that ass whoopin.