What's new

Guide The Lex Corner Thread

Alright it is time to get the Lex forums back in gear.

I have not been posting in here lately because I was toying with other characters (mostly Grundy), but now I am back to Lex and I am here to stay.

Lex has an incredible, overlooked corner game that I think we, as the Lex community, need to start figuring out. Probes, unblockable lasers, strings that combo well in the corner, mines, and ESPECIALLY armor, are all tools that Lex has at his disposal when in the corner.

These are some of my findings. Nothing too special. The 50/50 off of 11 is the only thing in this that I havnt seen other people posting about.

I apologize for the poor quality, but it is the best I can do. I had to cut it into two parts because I got a phone call during recording.

MashBot

You're over matched.
Nice reset and i never go for combos in the corner just resets. but im def glad to still see ppl playing and coming up with new lex stuff

Nice reset and i never go for combos in the corner just resets. but im def glad to still see ppl playing and coming up with new lex stuff
Thanks man. The Lex forums are slowing down already which is never a good sign. He definitely has potential; he just needs a bit more support.

MashBot

You're over matched.
i been playing him a lot more cause of the lack of MU knowledge in higher level play still. one thing i cant get is the up3 to the mb vac. they just fall out. your on xbox?

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
nice stuff. im still in the lab with lex. hope i find something.

edit: we should have an open consensus community guide

i been playing him a lot more cause of the lack of MU knowledge in higher level play still. one thing i cant get is the up3 to the mb vac. they just fall out. your on xbox?
Ya I'm on xbox. Idk why that wouldnt be working... are you trying to do 2 MB Gravity Pulls in one combo?

As commanded I went to training and tried to find weird corner stuff. B3 will send them flying over and past you. If you do J3 instantly it hits them behind you and when you land you have just enough time to do full trait charge. I was really hoping you could get a mine out but it's too slow.

As commanded I went to training and tried to find weird corner stuff. B3 will send them flying over and past you. If you do J3 instantly it hits them behind you and when you land you have just enough time to do full trait charge. I was really hoping you could get a mine out but it's too slow.

Interesting. I wonder if it is character specific... My only gripe would be that it launches them out of the corner and puts you in :p

whedgehead

My Lex Takes You to Paradise
I never appreciated how beautiful this was until I played around with it. Great stuff dude. Quick question: why do you opt to go 11, d1, u3 instead of something like 11, 11, u3? I guess it does do the same damage, I just personally find 11,11,u3 easier to pull off but maybe because that's the one I utilize.

EDIT: I would like to mention (there's already a guide being made on this) that this is not guaranteed which is obvious, however some wake-ups are stuffed late by the missiles such as Batgirl's wake-up smoke bomb. Also I tried timing variations and there's some neat stuff you can do if they opt or dont opt to roll, backdash or not, etc. but these are specific to the opponent's tendencies so hard to judge

I never appreciated how beautiful this was until I played around with it. Great stuff dude. Quick question: why do you opt to go 11, d1, u3 instead of something like 11, 11, u3? I guess it does do the same damage, I just personally find 11,11,u3 easier to pull off but maybe because that's the one I utilize.

EDIT: I would like to mention (there's already a guide being made on this) that this is not guaranteed which is obvious, however some wake-ups are stuffed late by the missiles such as Batgirl's wake-up smoke bomb. Also I tried timing variations and there's some neat stuff you can do if they opt or dont opt to roll, backdash or not, etc. but these are specific to the opponent's tendencies so hard to judge
I started this thread right at the beginning of my corner experimentation- so yes, a lot of that first post is pretty outdated. Canceling into MB Missiles is not guaranteed and is honestly a waste of meter. All meter when you are in the corner should be saved for the precious MB Gravity Pull. Combos in the corner are very starter specific. To be safe, I usually just go with 11, u3. Eventually, once I get a better grasp of how things work in the corner, this will change.

A few nice tricks that I have found recently:

-F2 can be hit-confirmed in the corner. Never cancel it into a Gravity Pull without hit confirming first. f2, f2 x MB Gravity Pull is a fantastic option
-canceling u3 into probe is a great, meterless option to maintain pressure. If you go for a b1, 3 and your opponent blocks the string, the block stun for the probe will often allow you another free mixup. It also gives you time to backdash or safely trait dash cancel towards the corner<<<<THIS IS IMPORTANT. If they try to hit you out of your armor with a wake-up attack or a quick string, the probe will hit and you can full combo punish. If they block, the probe will give you enough block advantage to get out a string uninterrupted.
-It is often best to just get a hard knockdown with CC in the corner and trait dash cancel either away and set up a mine, or towards the corner and absorb a wakeup for a free combo
-Try to stay armored as much as possible. One way to sneak in a safe armor is this: MB GP, f2, 22 x trait dash cancel.
-Bait wake-ups and dont forget that you have the option to use a jumping attacks. Crossing up with a j3 or j2 and then using a position reversal combo is a great toolo. nj2 can be used to punsh frantic wake-up attempts from many characters.
-AA with nj3, CC
-against scorpion, ALWAYS expect the wake-up teleport.
-canceling strings into up lance blast on hit is a good way to maintain pressure with sacrificing meter
-canceling strings into CC is not a bad idea. Against most characters, the more hard knockdowns the better! This conserves your meter and lets you keep up your armor.

Hey guys I know I'm super late to the coke and Lex party and nobodys posted here in a month but I had some questions. Is meter burn orbital strike a bad option because it's easy to escape or because there are just better things to do after a knockdown?

I just picked up lex a bit ago and am really enjoying him. Really wanna see this thread come back.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2