What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i like how superman's f.2 still hits at round start even though NRS told me it would whiff

what fuckery is this? it's making me so salty

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
i like how superman's f.2 still hits at round start even though NRS told me it would whiff

what fuckery is this? it's making me so salty
It's inconsistent... sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

So I was in the toilet thinking of a new way to apply the jid3 in the corner and I came up with this using d2, has it been done before?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
So I was in the toilet thinking of a new way to apply the jid3 in the corner and I came up with this using d2, has it been done before?

It's a known crossup but I like the fact that you added video. I'm putting together a combo list for the forum, would I be able to use your vid link? I will tag you, obviously. This is a collaborative effort between myself and Other superman players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's a known crossup but I like the fact that you added video. I'm putting together a combo list for the forum, would I be able to use your vid link? I will tag you, obviously. This is a collaborative effort between myself and Other superman players

Not a problem, feel free to use them. I was actually thinking of making a massive Superman video that has all his BnB's, Resets, etc etc

xQUANTUMx

Not a problem, feel free to use them. I was actually thinking of making a massive Superman video that has all his BnB's, Resets, etc etc
My Combo list will be out in the next few days. I will be reserving posts for various other things, a media section was one of them, since you and Space Detective have vids, I was going to put them there.

N.B. it wont be a be all -end all list of all his iterations, as there are many, but it will be a comprehensive list, from beginner level to more advanced for anyone wishing to pick him up, or to just plug and chug a combo for practice mode to practice against. Keep me posted, or send me a pm.

Q

xQUANTUMx

oh xquantumx... we really need to share some resets xDDD. I use just two resets that can be tech rolled(but they can't use wakeup), the others can only be blocked, nothing more, so no tech, no wakeup and I can choose the side. Also, I'm actually thinking on removing those two that can be tech rolled because most players at competitive level just mash the meter button and tech roll everything.
that's what I'm saying. Correctly blocked. or tech rolled. I never said wakeup. I have setups as well, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I dont see any OTG setup as being completely bullet proof anyway. There's always a way out of it. Its the guessing game of when the air smash occurs that makes it so powerful.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
My Combo list will be out in the next few days. I will be reserving posts for various other things, a media section was one of them, since you and Space Detective have vids, I was going to put them there.

N.B. it wont be a be all -end all list of all his iterations, as there are many, but it will be a comprehensive list, from beginner level to more advanced for anyone wishing to pick him up, or to just plug and chug a combo for practice mode to practice against. Keep me posted, or send me a pm.

Q
That sounds AWESOME! I think every character could use a guide like that, kinda like how MK had Slips, TomBrady, REO, etc doing guides for their mains.

xQUANTUMx

That sounds AWESOME! I think every character could use a guide like that, kinda like how MK had Slips, TomBrady, REO, etc doing guides for their mains.
I'm nowhere near the caliber of those players, I just want the superman forums to have a decent combo guide for other players to refer to

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I'm nowhere near the caliber of those players, I just want the superman forums to have a decent combo guide for other players to refer to
I still say it takes dedication to put together a current guide. Those are some of the absolute top players of that game. It's unfair to expect that level. As much hate as M-Aran-X gets, he may be interested in helping the guide. I know he wants to share his tech, but wanted to test it after the patch for a while. I can't view his full profile to link to it.

I've played Superman since day 1, and I really haven't discovered new tech myself, I more "borrow" from others. @KDZ gets a lot of hate from people too, but he has so many set ups for OTGs with iags it's ridiculous. No matter who say doesn't believe it, there was a skill gap at EVO. We'll see how things go after the patch with all the Superman "normalizations," but I still think he'll be a dominant player. It's obvious he loves the game.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Just using the last 15 minutes in the lab practicing Supes new corner game, I found better combos KDZ was using for the "resets." I got the idea from TonyT and M-Aran-X because 1 and 11 don't cause as much damage scaling.

F23, 1, 11, 3~MB Breath, J3, 3, Trait (38%) leads into iags, 11, 3~MB Breath, J3, 3~Low Scoop, 3~Breath (63%)

Also, if you want to use an interactable from the corner and want to switch positions (Atlantis, the tree on Themyscyra, the car in Metropolis, the car in Fortress of Solitude) these work well. I think Raynex came up with the idea to jump over 2, link 11 and mash interacable

F23, 11, 3 Trait 3~MB Breath, Jump Over 2, 11, Interactable (40% Plus interactable)

Doing this with the tree on Themyscyra nets 68% guaranteed, and I'm sure the other ones have good damage there too.

Anybody have an optimized BnB for raw damage no interactable?

xQUANTUMx

I'll add your combos if you don't mind. I need to add more to my corner combo list. I'll probably post it within the next day or so. M-Aran-X also has a guide he's working on. I like that superman players are coming out of the woodwork post patch and contributing again. Beats the "nerf f23" threads that came out every 5 minutes.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I'll add your combos if you don't mind. I need to add more to my corner combo list. I'll probably post it within the next day or so. M-Aran-X also has a guide he's working on. I like that superman players are coming out of the woodwork post patch and contributing again. Beats the "nerf f23" threads that came out every 5 minutes.
I just haven't had anything meaningful to contribute. I lost interest when the big nerf bat was coming because I figured most of what I learned would have been useless afterwards. I'm sure those combos can be made better as well. It's a starting point. Notice how I haven't actually shown anything new, I borrowed ideas and applied them. Please give them credit for the idea

xQUANTUMx

I just haven't had anything meaningful to contribute. I lost interest when the big nerf bat was coming because I figured most of what I learned would have been useless afterwards. I'm sure those combos can be made better as well. It's a starting point. Notice how I haven't actually shown anything new, I borrowed ideas and applied them. Please give them credit for the idea
It's a community guide. We all put the work in

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Some other corner combos that MAY be useful:

223, 1, 11, 3~MB Breath, J3, 3~Scoop, 3 Trait into iags, 11, 3~MB Breath, J3, 3~Scoop, 3~Breath

223, 11, 3 Trait 3 MB Breath, Jump over 2, 11, Interactable

Also, with the combos I posted above with the F23 starter into the Ground Smash reset, it doesn't matter if you end with 3Breath or with 3 Rising Grab, Air Laser UNLESS you meter burn those. Both end up with 63% damage

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
I was just practicing with Superman in the lab to see whether he does more damage than Lobo with his trait during the new post-patch MBb3 & got sidetracked because I found a great combo with him (you guys probably already know it, but I figured what the heck):

4, MBb3, ji3, d3MB = 47% damage.

If you do the combo without his trait & without using MB on any of it, it still does a respectable 25% damage. ;)

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I was just practicing with Superman in the lab to see whether he does more damage than Lobo with his trait during the new post-patch MBb3 & got sidetracked because I found a great combo with him (you guys probably already know it, but I figured what the heck):

4, MBb3, ji3, d3MB = 47% damage.

If you do the combo without his trait & without using MB on any of it, it still does a respectable 25% damage. ;)

With trait midscreen you can actually get up to 55-59%. Not including interactable bounce combos.

Q
since your making this I made a video of supermans low/overhead reset for the thread, if you want to add it. I couldn't find a video and im sure most know about it, but I just thought its something all should be aware of if some people didn't.

xQUANTUMx

since your making this I made a video of supermans low/overhead reset for the thread, if you want to add it. I couldn't find a video and im sure most know about it, but I just thought its something all should be aware of if some people didn't.

Interesting combos man... I'll add it. Also, I find it VERY interesting that when superman traits, the dummy is still frozen. (Used to unfreeze the second we trait.)

Status
Not open for further replies.