What's new

the LapTop with the xbox app, does that still count as the Pc or is that Steam Specific?

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I have a Microsoft windows laptop, and As I said It came with the xbox app and whatnot. I know Steam is an Internet site and all so what classifies as a PC?
I am planning to get a few games including Mk11 on it

@Ck AeroVoid Windows 10 comes with the Xbox Console Companion App, but that does not make a PC an Xbox One console; they are completely separate products.

So yes, you do indeed have what is considered a PC, or Personal Computer.

Steam is a distribution platform owned and operated by Valve Software, and is the largest digital distributor of PC games. It can be accessed via it's website at store.steampowered.com, and also via the Steam Client, which you can (and need to) download from their site in order to play Steam distributed games on your PC.

There are other distribution platforms as well, some for first party exclusive games that are not available on Steam, some that carry some of the same games. Examples are the Blizzard Battle.net App, Origin, The Bethesda Launcher, etc. If you wanted to play World of Warcraft, for example, you must use the Blizzard Battle.net App as that game is not available elsewhere. If you wanted to play The Elder Scrolls Online, you could choose to play it via Steam or via the Bethesda Launcher, as it's available at both Stores, but if you buy the Steam version I do not believe you can play it via the Bethesda Launcher and vise versa.

To tell us your system specs, please so the following:

• Right click on your Start Menu
  • Select Settings
  • You'll want to tell us the processor, installed ram, and the edition and version of Windows 10. You can see an example screenshot here.
Lastly, we need to find your video card details. Many laptops use onboard graphics, also called integrated video, as opposed to a dedicated video card. If this is the case for you, it will limit the games you can play.

• Right click on your Start Menu again
  • This time, click Device Manager
  • From the list, expand "Display Adapters"
  • Tell us what's listed here. There might be more than one video card, depending on your system. A sample screenshot can be found here.
  • Do not change any settings or update any drivers from here, just tell us the info.
Once you provide that, we can help you determine what your laptop can play.
-